It pays to know someone they got away with it
If your famous you can get away with it!
Ever wonder what famous people got away with killing someone? Well I have a list of a few, out of 25 about 22 people got away with it and only a few were sentenced time in prison for it. Some were even accidents caused by them not paying attention or there ignorance.
1. Lizzie Bordon - Although she was not famous until after the incident she still was charged and arrested for murder of her dad and stepmom on August 11th, 1892. She was the only other person in the house at the time of the murder. She was acquitted on June 20th, 1893.
2. Adlai Stevenson - This guy was the 5th U.S. Ambassador to the U.N from 1961 to 1965. In 1912 when he was 12 he shot his 16 year old friend Ruth Merwin while playing with a gun. It was an accident so no charges were filled against him.
3. Howard Hughes - On July 11th, 1936 he struck and killed Gabriel Meyer a pedestrian with his vehicle and it killed him. Hughes said the guy just walked out in front of him so it was ruled not his fault.
4. Keith Moon - He was from the band The Who. On January 1970 he ran over his friend Neil Boland by accident.
5. George Bush - Yes the previous President of the United States of America was the cause of all of the deaths in the September 11th, 2001 tragedy.
Now to get to the interesting one!!! It pays to know people!!!
6. Laura Bush - Yes the previous First Lady and wife of George Bush. On November 6th, 1963 she was driving a vehicle and ran a stop sign and hit another vehicle and killed Mike Douglas. Although it was her fault she was never charged.
7. Don King - King was a famous boxing promoter. He killed 2 people on in 1954 he shot and killed Hillary Brown. It was ruled self defence because the guy was trying to break in his home. The second was in 1967 when he shot and stomped to death Sam Garret for owing him money. He was convicted of second degree murder but only served 3 years and 11 months. He was released on parole in 1971.
8. Ted Kennedy - On July 18th 1969 he was driving a vehicle with Mary Jo Kopechne riding in it. He wrecked the car off a bridge into water and shiue was killed. Mysteriously he said he swam to safety and went back to get his friends for help but did not go to the police until the next day. He was only charged with leaving the scene of a crime.
9. Charles S Dutton - In 1968 he was in a fight with a guy who attacked him and the guy was stabbed to death. He was convicted of manslaughter and served 2 years.
10. Vince Neil - On December 8th, 1984 while driving drunk with his friend Nicholas "Razzle" Dingley in the vehicle. Neil lost control and hit another vehicle and Dingley was killed. He was charged with vehicular manslaughter and served 15 days in jail and 5 years probation.
11. Matthew Broderick - On August 5th, 1987 he went into the wrong lane and killed Anna Gallagher and her mother Margaret Doherty. He was charged with careless driving and fined $175.
12. O.J. Simpson - On June 12th 1994 Nicole Brown and Ronald Goldman were killed. OJ was arrested on June 17th, 1994. In 1995 he was acquitted of the charge. On February 5th, 1997 in a civil case he was found liable for the wrongful death of Goldman.
13. Christian Brando - He shot Dag Drollet to death on May 16th, 1990. He was convicted of manslaughter and served 6 years.
14. Ray Lewis - On January 31st, 2000 Lewis was involved in a fight with two of his friends Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting. The other two fighting the three Jacinth Baker and Richard Lollar were stabbed to death. Lewis's charges of murder were dismissed for his testimony against Oakley and Sweeting and he only got obstruction of justice for throwing his blood covered suit away. Oakley and Sweeting were acquitted of the charges in June 2000 and still no one has been arrested for the murders.
15. Rebecca Gayheart - On June 13, 2001 she was not paying attention and speeding around other cars that were waiting and struck 9 year old Jorge Cruz and he died the next day. She was sentenced to 3 years probation and $2,800 in fines.
16. Jayson Williamson - On February 14th, 2002 he shot and killed Costas "Gus" Christofi. He was charged with reckless manslaughter and convicted of trying to cover up the murder. He pled guilty to aggravated assault and was sentenced to 5 years and possible parole after 18 months.
17. Robert Blake - On April 18th, 2003 he was charged with murdering his wife Bonnie Lee Bakley. He was found not guilty on November 18th, 2005 but was held liable for her death and was ordered to pay $30 million dollars.
18. Brandy - The musician was drining on December 30, 2006 and wrecked and it killed Awatef Aboukihaj. She was not charged but was sued by the family for $50 million.
19. JR Smith - On June 9th, 2007 he was driving a vehicle with Andre Bell in it and Smith hit another car. On June 30th, 2009 he pled guilty and was sentenced to 90 days in jail. He only served 24 days and was released on July 31st, 2009.
20. Michael Vick - Although it was dogs, it was still murder. In July 2007 he was charged with operating an unlawful interstate dog fighting. He was sentenced to 23 months in prison.
21. Donte Stallworth - On March 14, 2009 He was driving drunk and struck and killed Mario Reyes. He was charged and convicted of 2nd degree manslaughter and was sentenced 30 days in jail, 2 years of house arrest and 8 years probation. On July 10th, 2009 he was released from jail after serving 24 days.
22. Casey Anthony - On October 14, 2008 Casey Anthony was charged with first degree murder, aggravated child abuse, aggravated manslaughter of a child and four counts of lying to the police in the case of her daughter Caylee Anthony. On July 5, 2011 she was found not guilty and acquitted of all the charges.
The ones that didn't get away!!!
23. Rae Curruth - On November 16th, 1999 Cherica Adams a woman pregnant by him was shot by his friend Van Brett Watkins. Curruth helped Watkins by blocking her in with the vehicle so she could not escape. Curruth was found not guilty of murder but guilty of conspiracy to commit murder. Curruth was served 18 years and 11 months.
24. Corey "C-Murder" Miller - September 2003 he was convicted of murder and served life in prison for shooting and beating a 16 year old fan Steve Thomas in the 2002 incident.
25. Phil Spector - On February 3, 2003 Lana Clarkson was found dead in Spectors mansion. On May 29, 2009 he was sentanced to 19 years to life.