Celebrity Salaries - Forbes Ranks Hollywood's Biggest Earners
Juicy tid-bits and Hollywood news appeals to the more sinister side of everyone's nature. Learning what Hollywood's hottest stars are raking in is at the top of many fans "need to know" list. The following is a compilation of some of the highest paid celebrities and various sources behind their fortunes.
Top Famous Stars and How Much They Make
According to Forbes the following celebrities are ranked as Hollywood's biggest movers and shakers with the fattest yearly paychecks.
- Miley Cyrus - By far the most popular teenager, and one of the most famous stars, Miley currently brings home a cool $1.2 million per night from her music tour. Added to that are recorded millions from Hannah Montana residuals and merchandising.
- Tiger Woods - Golf's golden boy, and a tabloid favorite, may have fallen from grace in the eyes of many, but last year alone he earned $105 million. Nike and Electronic Arts have maintained their deals with Tiger, but as the latest celebrity gossip flows, he's going to need it; Elin's divorce is demanding $750 million.
- Jennifer Aniston - While her movies seem to crawl in the box office she still manages to bring home a pretty penny. Jennifer's annual income is reported at a whopping $27 million. That includes her residuals from Friends.
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt - Surprisingly, Hollywood's number one command couple only bring in $40 million per year. Most experts site the celebrity couple's devotion to their six children as the reason for the lesser income.
- Taylor Swift - Taylor sold 3.2 million copies of her album Fearless last year and that coupled with lucrative deals with Sony and CoverGirl, she made $45 million.
- Oprah Winfrey - Latest reports have Oprah's talk show ending , but that's not likely to hurt her financially. Last year alone the O brought home $315 million. Oprah Winfrey has innumerable interests, and the revenue she gets from her proteges, Dr. Phil, Rachel Ray and Dr. Oz's TV careers contribute considerably to her growing bank account.
- Lady GaGa - Hot on the fast track, Lady GaGa's blast into stardom earned her an impressive $62 million last year. Forbes attributes her touring and promotional deals with Virgin Mobile and Polaroid for her amassed fortune.
- Beyonce - This musical maiden earned every bit of her $86 million last year as her non-stop touring provided fans with 93 shows. Endorsements with L'Oreal and her own design fashion line, House of Dereon, have contributed considerably to her millions.
In times of global financial uncertainty Hollywood's rich and famous do not seem to be feeling the squeeze. Celebrity salaries continue to escalate, and according to the Motion Picture Association of America, over 2.4 million American jobs rely on the film and television production industry. Famous stars need not worry because if the history of Hollywood offers any indication, fans maintain their loyalties when it comes to celebrities and entertainment..