- Entertainment and Media»
- Performing Arts»
Christmas Dance Choreography
Get started with your Christmas Dances now, to perfect them by December.
To start off, I must say that I am the kind of person that hates seeing Christmas Decorations up before December. I am not one to play Christmas music before then either. However, as a dancer, you learn that you must start learning dance at least 2 months in advanced, if you want them to be clean and presentable.
This means that Christmas Dance Routine Choreography, should already be in progress. If you haven't even had a chance to think about Christmas yet, as a dancer, studio owner, or teacher, don't worry! You still have at least a month and Lai Rupe's Choreography can send you a routine within a week, if needed for the Holiday Rush!
Christmas really is such a beautiful time of year.
It allows for dancers to express so many fun aspects of the holiday. You can be a fun and sassy "Santa" or dance to a more inspiring song about the true meaning within the Holiday season. It offers a wide range of freedom and always brings joy to all those who get to witness your Holiday routines.
Choreography Tips and Ideas
As a dance Choreographer trying to find ideas to create your own amazing routines for the Holidays, here are some things to think about:
- What type of story do you want to tell?
- ------- Funny - Grinch Stole Christmas
- ------- Inspiring - True Meaning, Christmas Shoes Story
- ------- Elegant - Ice queen, Snowflake perfection
- After you know your story, find the perfect song! By Following Lai Rupe's articles on HubPages, you will find an amazing article to help you really find that perfect song. You may also email me personally or comment below if you would like song, costume, or dance ideas and advice.
- Pick out perfect costumes. When trying to create a full effect for your audience members, costuming is really the way to make everything pull together. The costumes are what will finalize your routine.
Lai Rupe's Choreography LOVES Christmas! Our Routines always are hits.
Walking in the Air (Lyrical)
Festival of Trees
Run, Run Rudolph (Int. Jazz)
Studio 1 Competition
Let it Go (Beginning Kids Jazz)
Need to Purchase a Dance Routine for Christmas Fast?? Here is the Perfect Gift to You from Lai Rupe's Choreography
If you want a beginning sassy jazz routine that is quick to learn and ready to go, we are also offering a pre-choreographed routine to Kelly Clarkson's Run Run Rudolph, which you may view below.
If you would like to purchase the choreography instruction and full dance video, please reach out to us at LaiRupe.Dance@gmail.com.
Run Rudolf Christmas Beginning JAZZ - Available for Purchase from Lai Rupe's Choreography. (Complete with Instructional DVD or in person teaching.)
What is your favorite aspect of dance routines during the Holidays?
"Walking in the Air" Lyrical-Ballet Routine
All I Want for Christmas - Beginning Jazz Routine
Have any dance questions, concerns, or topics to discuss? Don't hesitate to reach out to Lai Rupe's Choreography. I am here to spread the beauty of dance.
Also, feel free to check out the article, "The Beautiful ART of Dance," to hear a bit more about the other perspective of dance as both a sport, and an art.
Thanks for your LOVE and Support!
~Alaina (Lai) Rupe