Classic Comedy Movies
Many comdey movies have made us laugh over the years. Since the 80's comedies movies have evolved so much. As you watch each of the movies you will be able to notice the differences the way comedy is used. Check out some of the greatest comedies below.
Caddyshack - 1980 starring Chevy Chase and Rodney Dangerfield. This film takes place at a country club that is very discriminatory against members and shows the separation of social classes in America. This is a hilarious comedy and a must see classic.
- Ghostbusters - 1984 starring Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd. Ghostbusters takes place in New York City when ghosts start taking over the city. Three scientists are forced to team together and create the Ghostbusters.
- Ferris Bueller's Day Off - 1986 starring Matthew Broderick. This movie is about a rebellious student who has his parents eating out of the palm of his hand. Ferris (played by Matthew Broderick) decides to pretend to be sick and have a fun day off from school with his friends.
Dazed and Confused - 1993 featuring Matthew McConaughey and Ben Affleck. This is about being a teenager in the 70's. This movie really depicts teenage behavior and makes it into a great comedy.
- Groundhog Day - 1993 starring Bill Murray. In this movie Bill Murray plays a news reporter, who gets stuck in a small town because of a snow storm and relives the same day over and over. This is a great comedy and really makes you wonder what it would be like to live the same day over.
- Half Baked - 1998 starring Dave Chappelle. This classic movie brings you into the life of marijuana smokers in New York City. Dave Chappelle also wrote it. It is one of the funniest movies I have seen
Super Troopers - 2001 This movie makes being a cop look fun. It's about highway patrol men playing jokes on people they pull over.
- Grandma's Boy - 2006 starring Allen Covert. Grandma's Boy takes place in the life of a video game tester. This is one of the funniest movies I've seen in the 2000's. It will keep you entertained from start to finish.
- Super Bad - 2007 starring Seth Rogen. This comedy is so funny. It is a evolved version of teen high school comedies. You will laugh all the way through this movie. It is about trying to be cool in high school and also some crazy police officers.