Coolest Means of Transportation in the Anime World: The Best Anime Vehicles
7. Tuatha de Danaan - Full Metal Panic!
The Tuatha de Danaan is a submarine that uses the most advanced technology which can only be obtained from the "Whispereds" like Kaname Chidori and Tessa Testarossa. Despite its huge size, it can travel in invisible mode and go undetected by other sea vehicles (which makes it really cool). However, the main reason why the Danaan made it on this list is because it is home to three very cool mecha pilots - Melissa Mao, Kurz Weber and Sagara Sousuke :D
- You get to stay in the "safest place on earth" as some characters of the series describe it (in the Full Metal Panic!, universe at least)
- You get to experience high technology at its best!
- Not for those who are afraid of rolling in the deep... waters.
6. Dokodemo Door / Anywhere Door - Doraemon
One of Doraemon's coolest gadgets that can be obtained from his magic pocket is the Dokodemo door. "Dokodemo" literally translates to "anywhere" meaning you just have to take out the door from Doraemon's pocket, think of the place you want to go to, open the door and voila! - get transported to your desired destination anywhere on earth (or possibly even the galaxy) whether that place be the mountains, the beach, or Shizuka's bathroom!
- Travel long distances instantly
- According to doraemon.mangawiki.org, the Dokodemo door can travel a maximum distance of 100,000 light years
- Because the maximum distance is a hundred thousand light years, the door cannot access far far away galaxies and thus one can not travel to the end of the universe (if there is an end to the universe). But seriously, you call that a con?
5. Instant Transmission Technique - Dragon Ball Series
The Instant Transmission Technique was a technique acquired by Goku from the Yadrats which enables the user to travel from one point to another in an instant. The technique is very unique that Goku is the only known user on earth. However Cell later acquires the technique after absorbing Goku's cells. Other known users are Gogeta and Vegito, both fusion products of Goku and Vegeta using different fusion techniques.
- Travel long distances (up to light years) instantly
- No vehicle/gadget required, just pure, hard concentration
- Instant Transmission user may take passengers with him/her as long as the other person touches the user
- It took Goku a whole year to master this technique. We, mere humans, might take years, decades, or it may be really impossible for us that one might just consider learning to fly instead, just like Videl did
- Instant Transmission user cannot take the entire world as passengers even if it is the only way to save the human population from a possible world destruction
Goku shows his newly learned technique to everyone
4. Puffing Tom - One Piece
The Puffing Tom is the only known sea train on the Grand Line and the entire One Piece universe. It was made by one of the best shipwrights in the Grand Line - Tom's Workers. The sea train connects several islands together enabling both trade and travel. What makes it Puffing Tom cool? A sea train is plain genius!
- Way, way faster than a ship
- Puffing Tom follows a schedule so you cannot just ride it anytime you want to
3. Take-copter - Doraemon
The take-copter is one of the most used gadgets in the Doraemon series which also comes very handy (as if anything doesn't come handy with Doraemon's pocket). The user just needs to attach the take-copter to his or head and voila! - get to fly at your whim! Why is the take-copter cool? It was as if the user was given wings, but without the need of physical effort as the take-copter operates using batteries.
- C'mon, flying is everyone's dream
- Cannot travel long distances because of short battery life. According to doraemon.mangawiki.org, maximum battery life is 8 hours at 80km/hour with continuous operation
2. Going Merry - One Piece
Going Merry is the first ship of the Straw Hat Pirates given to them as a reward for saving a rich girl named Kaya. As the anime series progressed, all the crew members become attached to Merry (her nickname) but had to dispose of her after sustaining several damages which turned out to be beyond repair. Because the Straw Hat Pirates truly cared for Merry, the ship took on a human form in order to repair itself and bring Luffy and the gang to the next island safely. Why did Merry made it to the top 2 coolest means of transportation in the anime world? Because nothing beats sailing the seas with one's nakama :)
Indirect translation for nakama = "friend", "comrade", "crewmate"
- Free tangerines from Nami's tangerine trees
- Get to cuddle Toni Toni Chopper
- Get to sit on Luffy's favorite seat
- Free tasty meals courtesy of Sanji
- All passengers including guests are required to help repair Merry every time she is damaged (by the Straw Hat Pirates themselves most of the time)
1. Thousand Sunny - One Piece
And the coolest ship ever is the Thousand Sunny! I firmly believe that the Straw Hat Pirates' second ship is the coolest thing in the world. Like the Puffing Tom, it was also built by the best shipwrights from Water 7. Sunny's pride is her Soldier Dock System, the best of which is Channel 2, (a mini-Merry or a mini-boat that resembles Merry), which was made as a tribute to their old ship. The Thousand Sunny is also capable of a maneuver called Coup the Burst which enables the ship to fly into the air for at least a kilometer, enabling the crew to escape their pursuers. Personally, I fell in love with the Thousand Sunny because of its romantic aquarium bar. The aquarium is a lovely view, plus they get to keep their catch fresh!
Because I myself became attached to Merry while watching the series, I almost gave the coolest means of transportation title to her, even if Sunny is bigger, better and grander. However, I realized that it is best to sail the seas with more nakama like Franky and Brook so, that explains it!
Congratulations, Thousand Sunny!
In no particular order:
- Sakura's staff / Sakura's wand - Card Captor Sakura
- Kintoun cloud - Dragon Ball Series
- Conan's skateboard - Detective Conan
- Catbus - My Neighbor Totoro
- Botan's oar - Yu Yu Hakusho
Any transportation technique/vehicle I missed? I am willing to revise this so comment now! XD
Hope you enjoyed this one too :)