Country Music's Best Male Artists
Best Male Artists in Country Music
1. Johnny Cash: Johnny Cash is one of those good 'ole country men and known as one of the most influential artists in country's long history. His lyrics are sorrowful and some of his songs, are speaking of his own life. I Walk The Line and Ring of Fire are two of his most well known songs. He has been named one of the most influential people in music history, as well. His voice can touch you deep inside and the soul he pours out is one of a kind. He was also known for playing the guitar while singing.
2. Hank Williams Sr: This country singer has been classified as one of the important singers of all time. He was born in the state of Alabama, in Mt. Olive. When he got older, he moved to Montgomery. A part of I-65 is named for Hank Williams Sr. He had that twangy voice. Known for: Your Cheatin' Heart, Hey Good Lookin', his soothing voice was and is still enjoyed by many. Hank Williams Sr., played the guitar as well while singing.
3. Willie Nelson: Born in April 30, 1933. He is a singer, songwriter, poet, actor and activist. His list of songs/hits are too numerous to mention but, I could listen to his CD for hours on end. He has a very soothing voice, has great control of his voice. Mama's Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys. This was played around our home quite a bit because of our being raised around horses. He has a very distinctive voice so, when his songs come on the radio, you don't even have to be told who it is. Willie Nelson had a movie role playing himself in the movie, Half Baked. It was a funny part.
4. George Jones: He is known for his marriage to Tammy Wynette, who was also a country star in her own right. Some of his greatest hits include: He Stopped Loving Her Today. He is known as The Opossum, (his nickname) and he is also featured at, The Alabama Music Hall of Fame in Tuscumbia, Al. George Jones has some of the sweetest love songs ever performed in country. He has the truly sad country voice.
5. Jimmie Rodgers: Rodgers is known for his amazing yodeling abilities. This is a talent, that not just everyone has. The song that he is most known for is Danny Boy. He is a very handsome looking guy with a great smile. Yodeling is not used anymore that I know of but, back when it was used, he was one of the best.
6. Conway Twitty: Twitty held the record for a long time for the most singles put out by a single act. With songs like Baby's Got Her Bluejeans On, You've Never Been This Far Before and Hello Darlin' are some of the most recognized and popular songs that Twitty sang. Family Guy television show/animated cartoon makes several references to Conway Twitty.
7. Kenny Rogers: Such a smooth and soothing sounding voice This man is a classic of country music. Known as The Gambler, Rogers is not only a singer but, he has also played in TV shows and in several movies. He made a great actor, as well as, singer. In addition to singing and songwriting, he is a photographer, record producer, author and an entrepreneur.
8. Tim McGraw: Tim McGraw has really grown in popularity over the past few years. Known for wearing those super tight jeans as he runs around the stage. Talk about getting the crowd going and then he will break out a stool and belt out a ballad, usually some kind of love story. He is married to Faith Hill and I had the privilege of seeing them together on tour. They were great.
9. Allen Jackson: Allen Jackson has been cranking out hits for years. He has blonde hair that is as long as his shoulders. He has a soothing sounding voice and he is ability to pick a guitar, makes him popular. He has done a duet with Jimmy Buffet: It's Five O'clock Somewhere. What a great song. His list of accomplishments are too numerous to list. He has performed duets with several different artists and broke boundaries that were simply different genres.
10. Randy Travis: 3 Wooden Crosses is the song that sticks out the most to me when Randy Travis is mentioned. His raspy voice has spanned over several decades and he is still a very popular artist today. He is country singer turned Christian artist and singer now. The song 3 Wooden Crosses, touched many people's lives.across many different styles of music.
Who is The Best?
Who is Your Favorite Country Singer?
Links To The Music World
- Best Heavy Metal Bands of All Time
This article focuses on the top Heavy Metal Bands of All Time. Metallica, White Zombie, Motley Crüe, Pantera and Ozzy Osbourne are listed in this hub. Maps, polls, pictures, you tube clips and commentary are also listed in this hub. Metallica had man
- Best Jazz Artists of All Time
This musical hub documents the careers of Nat King Cole, Miles Davis, Herbie Hancock and John Coltrane. Video clips, photos, maps, polls and commentary are also featured in this article. Nat King Cole was a legendary Pianist and he was born in Alabam
- Best Female Pop Artists of All Time
This hub documents the top female pop singers ever including Madonna, Mariah Carey, Brittany Spears and Whitney Houston. Pictures, you tube videoes, maps, polls and commentary are featured in this article as well.
- Rock Music of The 1970's
This article follows the best bands and rock singers during the 70's. Pink Floyd, The Eagles, Led ZEPLIN and John Lennon are featured in this nostalgic rock and roll hub. Polls, maps, pictures, you tube videos, a quiz and commentary are also located
- Rock Music of The 1980's
This article is about the top rock bands of the 1980's. Motley Crüe, Kiss, Guns n Roses and Poison are documented in this nostalgic music hub. Pictures, you tube videos, maps, polls and commentary are listed here as well.
- Hip Hop's Top Artists of All Time
This article describes the top Rap artists in history. Dr. Dre, Eminem, P. diddy and Snoop Dogg are featured in this music hub. Pictures, maps, polls, you tube videos and commentary are also listed in this blog.
Willie Nelson Performance
Johnny Cash: Walk The Line
Willie Nelson The Icon
Willie Nelson is more than a singer he is a downright celebrity. He has made tons of guest appearances in films and on television. People who are not fans of country music still know who he is.
© 2012 Buster Johnson