This time I’ll talk about something light and fun related with dance. There are many dance competitions out there. Teenagers start to learn about dancing and improve their skilled by joining dance competition. There are many dance style, like: folk dance, hip-hop & funk dance, Rave dance, Punk dance, Freestyle/experimental, Dancehall dance, Ballroom dance, Ballet, Latin dance, Swing dance, Traditional dance, Liturgical dance, Historical dance, tap dance, and Belly dance. From these dances separated into several categories. But have you ever knew that dance is very healthy for us?
The benefit of dance
- Dance is like an exercise that can improve the health of both the old and young (dancing about 5 minutes has been shown to burn more calories than running for 20 minutes).
- Dance has function in reducing stress level. Adults tend to be quickly affected by stress, practice dance can reduce the pressure on the muscles and increase the intake of oxygen to the brain, which then sends signals to the brain to think more relaxed.
- Adults are lazy to exercise, some adults love with something instant, such as using anti-aging products or other, hip hop dance movements are energetic and free, make the body move faster, by practicing hip hop dance regularly as the same as with doing sports.
- If we love dancing, we can create a dancing community. We will meet many people and open a new community to be able to expand the network of friends.
- Dance will make us look younger, sweat can increase the production of neurotransmitters (chemicals things to connect information between cells in the nerves) in the brain, known as endorphins (chemicals that gave sense of happiness). Happy will make people younger than their age.
- Dance can be mixed with diet program. Some health experts claim dancing is an activity requires a lot of energy comparable to fitness, energetic movements in dance throw quite a lot of calories.
- Practice dance regularly can prevent many diseases, dance activities can improve blood circulation and increasing hormones in the brain, such as adrenaline, serotonin, dopamine and endorphins, the hormones which may act to increase endurance.
Have you ever heard about dubstep? Actually this term was come from dubstep music. It’s kind of electronic dance music from garage music with the characteristic like: sparse, dark mood, half-step and two-step rhythms, an emphasis on sub bass and an average bpm of 140. This music came from south London, England with the first releases date back to 1998. Personally, this music is new for me. The term of dubstep began to be used by around 2002. Dubstep can refer with so many kinds of music, like: hip-hop, roots, jazz, rock, dub, oriental, IDM, d'n'b, 8-bit. It also has its own sounds that come from nowhere else.
How about dubstep dance? Have you ever heard about this dance? Actually there’s one reason why I write this hub, because of my big appreciation to the video on the internet about dubstep dance. A very interesting video has been shown by Marquese Scott from the United States. This video was uploaded on YouTube on September 23, 2011. This video has been viewed more than 800 thousand people since he was on Youtube. The movement of this dance is like robot and accompaniment of electronic music. This dance is so intriguing. The most interesting scene from the video is on 3:32 to 5:10 minutes.
There are many comments on the internet about this dance. Some of the comment said that everyone will know what dubstep is where the dance revolution begins. This dance is so much more entertaining. If everyone love dubstep dance, instead of walking and then a new sport is begin. Dubstep dance is becoming more popularized like a virus. The new spot across the funky disco robot, pop and lock, break dancing. They believe that we will see more dubstep dancers flood the world.
Another dubstep dance performance
Two dancers perform their dance in talent show (Denmark)
Again.......YouTube created famous people. A media where give us a free way to express our talent and show to the world. Please enjoy the video below.