The Best of Eminem - Famous Quotes and Eminem Bio
Eminem Quick Bio
No Doubt when we think of Eminem, we think of mind - blowing crazy lyrics. There is no in between, you're either an Eminem fan or your not! He is known for his controversial lyrics and his I DON’T Care attitude.
Even if you are not an Eminem fan, you have to admit he has plenty of Grammy's and Awards under his belt. Marshall Bruce Mathers lll born October 17,1972, has won a total of 11 Grammy's. He was named the best-selling artist of the decade according to the US Nielsen SoundScan and has sold over 80 million albums worldwide. He is one of the BEST selling artists in the WORLD.
He was ranked at number 82 on Rolling Stone Magazine’s list of the 100 Greatest Artists of All-Time and was named the Best Rapper Ever by Vibe Magazine. He has achieved nine #1 Albums on the Billboard Top 200, and has had 12 number one singles worldwide.
Adding to his list of accomplishments, he produces records and has his own record label, Shady Records.
Eminem - Not Afraid Video
List of Eminem Albums
"Slim Shady EP" (1998)
"Slim Shady LP" (1999)
"The Marshall Mathers LP" (2000)
"The Eminem Show" (2002)
"Straight From The Lab EP" (2003)
"Curtain Call" (2005)
"Eminem Presents The Re-Up" (2006)
"Relapse: Refill" (2009)
"The Marshall Mather's LP 2" (2013)
Lyrics - Shock Value
So now that we know what he has accomplished, we will discuss his lyrics. What makes him different than most is that he says what people think in their minds, but are to afraid to say. His “mini stories” as I call them, draw you in and leave you wanting more.
Eminem quoted "I do say things that I think will shock people. But I don't do things to shock people. I'm not trying to be the next Tupac, but I don't know how long I'm going to be on this planet. So while I'm here, I might as well make the most of it." - On his philosophy for life
He can also give you an extremely good laugh. He has no shame, and will make fun of himself and is also willing to put himself in quite awkward situations.
Eminem quoted "A lot of my rhymes are just to get chuckles out of people. Anybody with half a brain is going to be able to tell when I'm joking and when I'm serious." - About his lyrics
Eminem - On Not Being Ashamed
In reality we have all gone through some hard times in our lives. Some of us had problems growing up. Some of us have been around violence, some come from broken homes, and some of us have relationship issues. etc.. We all have a story. I think that what shocks people the most is that Eminem is able to openly express his inner most thoughts to the rest of the world and he does not care who’s listening or what you think.
Eminem quoted ”I was poor white trash, no glitter, no glamour, but I'm not ashamed of anything.”
Funniest of Eminem
What do you think?
- “My thing is this; if I'm sick enough to think it, then I'm sick enough to say it.”
- “Anybody with a sense of humor is going to put on my album and laugh from beginning to end.”
- “I am who I am and I say what I think. I'm not putting a face on for the record.”
- “I don't hate women - they just sometimes make me mad.”
- “I might talk about killing people, but that doesn't mean I do it.”
- “I say what I want to say and do what I want to do. There's no in between. People will either love you for it or hate you for it.”
- “I know and I want to be there for my daughter, whenever she needs me. I want to be with her on every step of the way, ya know. She's the best thing that happened to me.
- "Dealing with backstabbers, there was one thing I learned. They're only powerful when you got your back turned."
- " I am whatever you say I am; if I wasn't, then why would you say I am."
- "I come from Detroit where it's rough and I'm not a smooth talker."
- "I need drama in my life to keep making music. "
I am a Fan
I for one am a huge Eminem fan. His lyrics might be off the wall, but he is who he is and he does what he does. I believe he is an extremely smart and talented artist. To be able to push buttons the way that he does, and still have people love him is an art in its self.