12 Facts to Brighten Your Day
1. Charlie Chaplin once entered a Charlie Chaplin lookalike contest at a theater in San Francisco. He lost.
2. In a 2011 Czech Republic census, over 15,000 people listed their religion as "Jedi".
3. Apollo 8 astronauts used Silly Putty to prevent their tools floating around in zero gravity.
4. Squirrels plant thousands of new trees each year, because they forget where they buried their acorns.
5. Japanese Macaques make snowballs for fun.
6. When we cuddle our bodies release Oxytocin, which can help heal physical wounds.
7. Bird watcher and nature writer Candace Savage has observed that crows are so intelligent they can play pranks on each other.
8. Scientists have discovered that you can make Rats laugh by tickling them.
9. Every single element that makes up humans was formed in the interior of a collapsing star. We are all literally made up of stardust.
10. Blind people smile despite the fact they've never seen anyone else smile.
11. We now have less crime, a lower death rate and longer life expectancy than at any other time in human history.
12. Penguins only have one mate their entire life and "propose" by giving their mate a pebble.