- Entertainment and Media»
Three Famous Australian People
Since I came to Australia, I was very enthusiastic to find out who are the Australian celebrities..
I believe that we migrants should learn about these wonderful people who make Australia so well known and proud.
These famous Australian people touched my life.
Hugh Michael Jackman was born in Sydney in 1968. He is a famous actor with prominent roles in movies such as XMan, Australia, The Prestige, Real Steel and many others.
Jackman was chosen as People magazine's Sexiest Man Alive in 2008.
He is also known for his huge contribution to charity. His charity work include:
- supporter of Muhammad Yunus, economist and microcredit pioneer
- global advisor of the Global Poverty Project, with the aim to raise awareness of the 1.4 billion people around the world who live below the poverty line
- supporter of The Art of Elysium and the MPTV Fund Foundation
- supporter of the Bone Marrow Institute, whose mission is to establish a bone marrow donor registry in Australia, for patients with leukaemia and other blood cancers diseases
- founder of the Laughing Man Coffee & Tea shop in New York, which sells tea, coffee and chocolates to raise money for good causes
Latest News: he is due to come to Sydney Australia on Auguest 6 to work on his new movie The Wolverine.
Short sleeve men t-shirt which has a logo on the front. It is made of cotton and is machine washable.
Nicole Mary Kidman was born in 1967 in Honolulu, Hawaii.Raised in Lane Cove, NSW, she started her acting career in 1983 in Australian holiday season favourite, Bush Christmas. She played in movies such as Australia, the Peacemaker, Batman Forever, The Interpreter and many others.
Her charity work include:
- raised money for and drawn attention to, disadvantaged children around the world
- appointed a goodwill ambassador for UNICEF (United Nations Children's Fund) in 1994
- honoured as a Citizen of the World by the United Nations in 2004
- driven by her mother's own battle with breast cancer in 1984, Kidman joined the Little Tee Campaign for breast cancer care to design T-shirts to raise money to fight the cancer disease
- received in 2006 Australia's highest civilian honour when she was made a Companion of the Order of Australia. This acknowledged Kidman's service to the performing arts as an acclaimed motion picture performer, to health care through contributions to improve medical treatment for women and children and advocacy for cancer research, to youth as a principal supporter of young performing artists, and to humanitarian causes in Australia and internationally
- appointed goodwill ambassador of the United Nations Development Fund for Women (UNIFEM) in 2006. In this capacity, Kidman did raise awareness through the media and supported the International Violence against Women Act
- attended the ceremony to help Family Violence Prevention Fund open a new international centre in San Francisco in January 2010
She is a great lady!!
Latest news: she was named the international ambassador for an Australian health and wellness brand called Swisse Vitamins.
Kylie Ann Minogue is a famous Australian pop singer and entertainer. She was born in Melbourne.
Despite the fact that she was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2005, Kylie kept fighting it and getting stronger. Her songs touch a lot of people's hearts.
She received an honorary Doctorate of Health Sciences from Anglia Ruskin University in recognition of her work promoting breast cancer awareness.
Another great lady!!