- Entertainment and Media»
- Movies & Movie Reviews»
- World Cinema
56 Foreign Actresses in Bollywood Films and Indian Television
Foreign Actresses who have acted in Bollywood Films
The Indian Film Industry has always welcomed Foreign Actresses with open arms. There are more than half a dozen Actresses who make a living as dancers and actresses in Bollywood Cinema. I have nothing against Foreign Actresses making it big in the Indian Entertainment Industry but what amazes me is that majority of them are pathetic when it comes to acting skills. I also find it surprising that many of these foreign imports are casted as Indian girls in Bollywood Movies. For instance, popular Directors like Imtiaz Ali, Sajid Khan and Mahesh Bhatt have casted bold and sexy Foreign Beauties in their films. Many firangi actresses despite of their not so good Hindi and moderate acting skills have been successful in Bollywood Cinema. So what is it that makes these firangi babes a hot flavor of Bollywood? Are Bollywood and foreigners inseparable? Is it their fair skin, liberal culture and bold on screen avatars that is helping them win hearts despite of not knowing what Indian culture is or what it means to be an Indian woman? Are these women casted in Indian Films because they have no qualms about appearing in steamiest avatars onscreen? No matter how much we deny it, many Indians seem to have a fetish for bold scenes and fair skin. I can’t see any other reason why these fair skin actresses are becoming popular despite of their inability to read, write, speak or understand Hindi or any Indian language they are filming in.
Read on for a list of Foreign Actresses in who have acted in Hindi Films!
Firangi Actresses in Bollywood Movies
There are many Foreign Actresses who have acted in Bollywood Films or participated in Indian Reality Shows. Given below is a list of 56 hot and sexy firangi babes in the Indian Entertainment Industry.
- Ali Larter: Ali Larter aka Alison Elizabeth Larter is an American actress who played the title role (Marigold Lexton) opposite Salman Khan in the 2007 romantic musical comedy Marigold.
- Alice Patten: Alice Patten is an English actress who played a key role in the Hindi film Rang De Basanti. Alice portrayed the role of Sue McKinley, a young British woman who comes to India to make a documentary film about the British rule in the India. She is the daughter of Lord Patten, Chancellor of Oxford University and former governor of Hong Kong.
- Amy Louise Jackson: Amy Louise Jackson is a British model and actress who was seen in the Hindi remake of the 2010 super hit Tamil romantic drama film Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya opposite Prateik Babbar and 2015 Bollywood action comedy film Singh Is Bliing opposite Akshay Kumar. She has also acted in many Tamil and Telugu Movies. She is also part of the upcoming Bollywood Film Housefull 3.
- Annabell Wallis: Annabell Wallis is the British Actress who acted in the Amitabh Bachchan starrer film Dil Jo Bhi Kahey in realised in the year 2005.
- Antonio Bernath: Antonia Bernath is a British actress and Singer seen in the Bollywood Film Kisna: The Warrior Poet opposite Vivek Oberoi. Antonia played the role of Lady Catherine in this unique love story.
- Ariadna Cabrol: Ariadna Cabrol is a Spanish actress and model who was seen in the 2011 Indian coming-of-age comedy-drama Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara. She played the role of Katrina Kaif's friend and Farhan Akhtar's love interest Nuria in the movie.
- Barbara Mori: Bárbara Mori Ochoa is a Mexican actress and fashion model seen in the romantic action thriller film Kites opposite Hrithik Roshan. She played the role of a Mexican Woman Natasha in the film. It is said that Hrithik's alleged closeness with Barbara Mori was the beginning of troubles in his married life with Sussanne. Barbara Mori was diagnosed with early stage cancer and is now a proud survivor.
- Bobita: Bobita aka Farida Akhter is a Bangladeshi film actress best known for her performance in the Satyajit Ray film Ashani Sanket in 1973.
- Brande Roderick: Brande Nicole Roderick is an American model and actress seen in the 2003 Bollywood film Out of Control opposite Riteish Deshmukh. Brande Roderick played the role of Sally, the American wife of an Indian man who gets pressured by his family into marrying an Indian girl.
- Bruna Abdullah: Bruna Abdullah is a Brazilian actress and model seen in the films Grand Masti, I Hate Luv Storys, Desi Boyz and Jai Ho. She has also starred in the 2012 Tamil movie named Billa II. This Actress who has participated in Reality Shows like Dancing Queen and Khatron Ke Khiladi will also be seen in the upcoming Hindi Feature Film Udanchhoo.
- Candice Boucher: Candice Boucher is the South African model who played the female lead in the 2011 Action Spy film Aazaan.
- Chigusa Takaku: Chigusa Takaku is the Japanese actress who played the lead opposite Rahul Bose in Aparna Sen's Bengali Film ‘The Japanese Wife’ released in April 2010.
- Claudia Ciesla: Claudia Ciesla is a Polish-German model and actress seen in films like Karma: Crime Passion Reincarnation, Khiladi 786, Desi Kattey and Yaar Pardesi. She has also participated in Reality Shows like Bigg Boss (Season 3) and Zor Ka Jhatka: Total Wipeout.
- Denise Richards: Denise Lee Richards is an American actress and a former fashion model. She made a Cameo appearance as herself in the super hit 2009 Bollywood romantic comedy film Kambakkht Ishq.
- Elli Avram: Elli Avram aka Elisabet Avramidou Granlund is the Swedish Greek actress seen in the Hindi films Mickey Virus and Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon. She played the role of Kamayani George in Mickey Virus and Deepika in Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon. She was also a participant of Bigg Boss 7.
- Emma Bunton: Emma Lee Bunton (former Spice Girl) is an English pop singer who acted in small roles in the Bollywood Movies “Pyaar Mein Twist” and “Chocolate”.
- Evelyn Lakshmi Sharma: Evelyn Lakshmi Sharma is a German-Indian actress and model seen in From Sydney with Love, Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, Nautanki Saala, Issaq, Yaariyan, Kuch Kuch Locha Hai and Ishqedarriyaan. The Action Comedy Film Bhaiyyaji Superhitt is her upcoming project.
- Giselli Monteiro: Giselli Monteiro is a Brazilian Model and Actress seen in the 2009 Indian romantic comedy-drama film Love Aaj Kal and 2011 Hindi Romance film Always Kabhi Kabhi. She played the role of Harleen Kaur in Love Aaj Kal and Aishwarya Dhawan (Aish) in Always Kabhi Kabhi.
- Hazel Crowney: Hazel Crowney aka Hazel Croney is a British model and film actress who has acted and done item numbers in Bollywood Films. She appeared in movies like Janasheen, Ho Sakta Hai, MP3- Mera Pehla Pehla Pyaar, U Me aur Hum, Mittal v/s Mittal, Dunno Y… Na Jaane Kyon, A Flat, Jeena Hai Toh Thok Daal, Once upon a time in Mumbai Dobara, Tu hi Khwahish and Kyun Hua Achanak.
- Hazel Keech:Hazel Keech aka Rose Dawnis the British Model and Actress who played the role of Kareena Kapoor’s friend in the 2011 Indian action film Bodyguard. She was also a contestant of Bigg Boss 7. Hazel is engaged to be married to the Indian Cricketer Yuvraj Singh.
- Helen: Helen aka Helen Jairag Richardson is of Anglo-Burmese origin. She is the second wife of Indian Actor and Screenwriter Salim Khan. Helen has acted and danced in many Bollywood films like Howrah Bridge, Gumnaam, Don, Dostana, Sholay, Lahu Ke Do Rang, Khamoshi: The Musical, Mohabbatein, Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam and Humko Deewana Kar Gaye to name a few.
- Ilene Hamann: Ilene Hamann is a South African Actress and Model seen in the 2005 Hindi-language Bollywood thriller film Rog opposite Actor Irrfan Khan. She portrayed the role of Maya Solomon in the Movie.
- Jacqueline Fernandez: Jacqueline Fernandez is the Bahraini-SriLankan actress seen in the Bollywood Movies Aladin, Murder 2, Housefull 2, Kick, Brothers, Roy, Race 2 and Jaane Kahan Se Aayi Hai. She was the winner of 2006 Miss Universe Sri Lanka pageant. Her upcoming films are Dishoom opposite Varun Dhawan and Flying Jat opposite Tiger Shroff.
- Jelena Jakovljevic: Jelena Jakovljevic is the Serbian Model and Actress who have done the sensual item number "Dupatta Beimaan Re" in the 2004 Bollywood romantic comedy Popcorn Khao Mast Ho Jao.
- Jennifer Kendall: Jennifer Kendal was a British actress who married Actor Shashi Kapoor of the famous Kapoor family. She has acted in films like Junoon, 36 Chowringhee Lane and Bombay Talkie. She died of Colon Cancer at the age of 51.
- Katrina Kaif: Katrina Kaif is a British-Indian film actress and model seen in the movies Boom, Sarkar, Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya, Humko Deewana Kar Gaye, Namastey London, Welcome, Race, Singh Is Kinng, Yuvvraaj, Blue, Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani, De Dana Dan, Raajneeti, Tees Maar Khan, Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, New York, Mere Brother Ki Dulhan, Agneepath, Ek Tha Tiger, Jab Tak Hai Jaan, Dhoom 3, Bang Bang and Phantom. Apart from Hindi Films, Katrina Kaif has also acted in Telugu and Malayalam films. Her upcoming projects are Jagga Jasoos with Ranbir Kapoor, Fitoor with Aditya Roy Kapur and Baar Baar Dekho with Sidharth Malhotra. As per media reports, his Actress may get married to Actor Ranbir Kapoor in 2016. Katrina was romantically involved with Salman Khan prior to falling in love with Ranbir Kapoor.
- Ksenia Ryabinkina: Ksenia Ryabinkina is a Russian actress and professional ballet dancer who played a trapeze artist and one of Raj Kapoor's love interests in the 1970 movie Mera Naam Joker. 40 years later, Ksenia Ryabinkina was casted in the movie Chintuji based on Rishi Kapoor’s life.
- Lauren Gottlieb: Lauren Gottlieb is a contemporary dancer and actress from the US seen in the Movies ABCD: Any Body Can Dance, Welcome to Karachi and ABCD 2. She has also choreographed and done special dance appearances in many movies. She was the runner up of the Indian television dance show 2013 Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa (season 6) and Judge of 2015 Jhalak Dikhla Jaa (Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded).
- Linda Arsenio: Linda Arsenio is an American actress and model seen in Kabul Express, Aloo Chaat, Mumbai Salsa and Help. She also has done special appearances in Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam films.
- Lisa Ray: Lisa Rani Ray is the Canadian actress and model seen in the 2001 Bollywood suspense thriller film Kasoor opposite Aftab Shivdasani. She also has acted in Deepa Mehta’s Water and Bollywood/Hollywood. Apart from Hindi films, she also has done Tamil, Telugu and Kannada films. She is a Cancer survivor and her upcoming movies are Zahhak and Ishq Forever.
- Lisa Lazarus:Lisa Lazarus is the British model and actress seen in the 2010 Indian historical action film Veer: An Epic Love story of a Warrior and 2010 Indian Tamil period drama film Madharasapattinam. She was the winner of Miss Universe UK 2008 and represented UK in the Miss Universe pageant 2008.
- Mandana Karimi: Mandana Karimi aka Manizhe Karimi is the Iranian actress and model seen in movies Bhaag Johnny, Roy and Main Aur Charles. She is also a contestant on the Reality TV Show Bigg Boss 9.
- Meera Khan: Meera aka Irtiza Rubab is a Pakistani film actress seen in the films Nazar, Kasak, Paanch Ghantey Mien Paanch Crore and Bhadaas.
- Monica Dogra: Monica Dogra is the American singer and actress seen in Rock on, Dhobi Ghat, David, Fireflies and The Spectacular Jihad of Taz Rahim.
- Nadia: Fearless Nadia aka Mary Ann Evans is Australia's first Bollywood icon. This Australian actress and stunt woman portrayed the lead character Princess Madhuri aka Hunterwali in 1935 Hindi stunt film Hunterwali (A Woman with a Whip).
- Nargis Fakhri: Nargis Fakhri is an American model and actress seen in the Bollywood Movies Rockstar, Madras Café and Main Tera Hero. She also did special appearances in the films Phata Poster Nikhla Hero and Kick. Her upcoming projects are Hera Pheri 3, Azar, Dishoom and Housefull 3.
- Negar Khan: Negar Khan is a Norwegian actress best known for her Bollywood Item on films like Rudraksh and Shaadi Ka Laddoo.
- Nora Fatehi: Nora Fatehi is the Moroccan model and actress seen in Roar: Tigers of the Sundarbans, Crazy Cukkad Family and Mr.X. She has also done special appearances in Tamil and Telugu Movies.
- Poorna Jagannathan: Poorna Jagannathan is an American actress and producer seen in the Bollywood films Delhi Belly and Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani.
- Rachel Shelley: Rachel Shelley is an English actress and model who played the role of Elizabeth Russell in the Oscar-nominated Bollywood film Lagaan.
- Rozza Catalano: Rozza Catalano is an Italian model and Actress best known as Saif Ali Khan’s ex girlfriend. She was seen in the Bollywood films Shaurya, Desh Drohi, Ek Second... Jo Zindagi Badal De, Monopoly the Game of Money, Nakshatra and Chamku.
- Saidah Jules: Saidah Jules aka Juliet Glazkova is the German Model and Actress seen in the Movies Pyaar Impossible, Right Yaaa Wrong and Jal. Her upcoming Movies are ‘On the Ramp’ and ‘The Dead End’.
- Salma Agha: Salma Agha is a British singer and actress who has acted and sung in films like Nikaah, Kasam Paida Karne Wale Ki, Selma, Oonche Log, Aap Ke Saath, Kanwarlal, Jungle Ki Beti, Paanch Fauladi, Mahaveera, Pati Patni Aur Tawaif, Meet Mere Man Ke, Gehra Raaz, Bachao and Hijrat.
- Sarah Thompson Kane: Sarah Thompson Kane is an American actress seen in the 2010 Indian political thriller drama film Raajneeti. She played the role of Sarah Jean Collins in the movie.
- Sasha Aga: Sasha Aga is the daughter of Salma Aga. Sasha has acted in the 2013 Indian action thriller Aurangzeb and Bollywood action-drama film Desi Kattey.
- Scarlett Wilson: Scarlett Mellish Wilson is a British model and dancer who has done item numbers in Bollywood and South Indian Films. She has also participated in the Reality Shows Dare 2 Dance and Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa (season 8). Scarlett Wilson will be making her acting debut opposite Rajeev Khandelwal in a movie titled 'Woh Aadmi Bahut Kuchh Jaanta Hai'.
- Sippora Anna Zoutewelle: Sippora Anna Zoutewelle is the Dutch Model and Actress seen in the Sahara One Drama TV Series Firangi Bahu. She portrayed the role of Camili Jonathan who is married to an Indian Man named Pranay Desai (Rohit Bhardwaj) belonging to a Gujarati family.
- Sofia Hayat: Sofia Hayat is a British actress and singer seen in the 2012 film Diary of a Butterfly. She also has participated in the Reality Shows Super Dude on UTV Bindaas, Welcome – Baazi Mehmaan Nawazi Ki on Life OK and Bigg Boss 7 on Colors TV.
- Somy Ali: Somy Ali best known as Salman Khan’s Ex Girlfriend is a former Pakistani actress who has acted in Bollywood Movies like Bulund, Anth, Krishan Avtaar, Yaar Gaddar, Teesra Kaun, Aao Pyaar Karen, Andolan, Mafia and Agnichakra.
- Sunny Leone: Sunny Leone aka Karenjit Kaur Vohrais the Indo-Canadian pornographic Actress and Model seen in Movies like Jism 2, Jackpot, Ragini MMS 2, Kuch Kuch Locha Hai and Ek Paheli Leela. She has done item numbers in Shootout at Wadala, Balwinder Singh Famous Ho Gaya and Hate Story 2. She was a contestant of Bigg Boss 5 and Host for MTV Splitsvilla Season 7 and 8. Her upcoming Projects are ‘Tina and Lolo’ and ‘Mastizaade’.
- Sylvia Miles: Sylvia Miles is the American actress who played a cameo in the 1978 in the Indian suspense film Shalimar.
- Tania Zaetta: Tania Zaetta is an Australian actress and Television presenter who has acted in the Movies Bunty Aur Babli, Salaam Namaste, Dil Apna Punjabi and Mr. Black Mr. White.
- Tata Young: Tata Young aka Amita Marie Young is a Thai singer, model, actress and dancer who sung and appeared in the title track "Dhoom Dhoom" for the 2004 Indian action thriller film Dhoom starring Abhishek Bachchan, Uday Chopra, John Abraham, Esha Deol, and Rimi Sen in lead roles.
- Veena Malik: Veena Malik is the Pakistani actress and model seen in the Bollywood Movies Daal Mein Kuch Kaala Hai, Zindagi 50-50, Super Model and Mumbai 125 KM. She was also a participant of Bigg Boss Season 4. Veena Malik is known more for her controversies than her acting skills. Her name was involved in a cricket match fixing controversy. Her nude image on the cover of FHM magazine India edition with "ISI" written on her upper arm also resulted in Controversy in Pakistan. In 2014, Veena Malik and her husband Asad were sentenced to 26-year jail term by a Pakistani anti-terrorism court for ‘malicious acts’ of blasphemy for enacting a mock marriage on Geo Television. However, the couple fled to the United Arab Emirates to evade the arrest.
- Yana Gupta: Yana Gupta aka Jana Synková is a Czech Model and Actress who made her entry into Bollywood with an item number ‘Babuji Zara Dheere Chalo’ in film Dum. The Song became so famous that she ended up being one of the most sought after item girls in Bollywood and regional films in India. Yana also participated in the Reality Shows Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 and Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi season 1.
- Zeba Bakhtiyar: Zeba Bakhtiyar is the Pakistani actress who starred in the 1991 box office hit Henna opposite Rishi Kapoor. Unfortunately her other Bollywood films Mohabbat Ki Arzoo, Stuntman and Jai Vikraanta were flops.
I am sure that most of you who have visited this article did not know that these many Foreign Actresses existed in Indian Movies. Some of these Actresses have fared well in the Bollywood film Industry while the others have vanished. Lately there has been an increase in the numbers of firangi beauties trying to earn fame and success in Hindi Films. As long as the fascination of Indians for white skin and mushy sexually explicit scenes continue, there is not going to be any shortage of foreign girls wanting to try their luck in Bollywood and Indian regional films despite of the language and cultural barriers. Anyways, everyone has the right to earn their living by doing things they want to do. If Indians can migrate to USA, Australia, Canada and other European Countries for better lifestyle and success, it is only fair these foreign ladies should be allowed to make a living in India by working here. Article 13 of Universal Declaration of Human Rights also emphasizes this right to freedom of movement and residence for all. So who am I to judge the Actresses from other countries migrating to India to earn a living? My only issue is the obsession with fair skin among Indians. I am sure you will agree to that too.
Have I missed any Foreign Actresses in Bollywood Cinema or Indian Television Industry? Please feel free to add through comments.