- Entertainment and Media»
- Movies & Movie Reviews
Horror conventions are events that focus on horror films and movies. There are two main kinds:
- Film Screenings - These are often weekend-long events dedicated to producers. They are mostly meant as opportunities for distributors and members of the press to see new and independent horror films. After participating in a horror film screening, many shows will later get picked up by distributors.
- Fan Conventions - These events, run either by fans or by corporations, focus on screenings of already-popular shows and autograph sessions with special guests. Horror stars will appear, for a fee, to do Q&A sessions and sign autographs.
There are almost two dozen well-known horror conventions every year. Some popular "film festival" types of horror conventions are the Shriekfest Film Festival in Los Angeles and the Eerie Horror Film Fest in Pennsylvania. Fan-type conventions are more common, and include cons like Arcana in Minnesota and Con-Tamination in St. Louis. For a more complete list, scroll down. Other types of conventions include anime conventions, game conventions, and nerdcore festivals.
List of Horror Conventions
Some horror cons include:
- Mad Monster Party - North Carolina
- Days of the Dead
- RavenCon (Sci-Fi Con) - Richmond
- HorrorFind Weekend - Pennsylvania
- Con-Tamination (St. Louis)
- Para-Horror Con New York
- Arcana - Minnesota
- Crypticon - Seattle
- Midwest Haunters Convention - Ohio
- Full Moon Tattoo and Horror Con - Tennessee
- Spooky Empire - Florida
- Eerie Horror Film Fest - Pennsylvania
- Cinema Wasteland - Ohio