- Entertainment and Media»
- Movies & Movie Reviews
Top 10 Horror Movie Quotes
Top 10 Horror Movie Quotes
Movie quotes from horror films can be easily recognizable, but also funny too, sort of like in jokes that only horror fans get, because some people may not know what you are on about if you said something like "When There's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"
Movie quotes can be what is said in the film by a character or it could be a memorable tag line for the movie, so without further ado, here we go with our list of horror movie quotes....
1. Heeeeeeeerrrrreeesss Johnny! - The Shiningalways makes me laugh with Jack Nicholson's crazy ass two word quote of a madman with an axe trying to kill his Mrs and his son, nice one Jack!
2. I see dead people - The Sixth Sensewas a really great movie if no one told you the twist at the end that is, I hate it when people do that, it's like telling you the scores to a football game when you've waited all day to watch the replay, the boy in the movie played the part really well I thought with his eerie whispers of dead people and ghosties...
3. Be Afraid.....Be Very Afraid - The Fly - not only did this quote appear in the film, it was the movies tag line too and I remember seeing this film at aged 7 and saying mummy what happened to the monkey? some of the creature effects and gore still stand up today against current horror movies prosthetics and it's a favourite of mine, the fly 2 not so much, but hey...
4. There heeeeere! Poltergiest - although not a straight horror film, but except the part when this bloke dreams about pulling his face off after eating maggoty chicken drumsticks, I like the first film, the second one too with the scary reverend and the third one was just average.
5. Now, What are you dirty whores doing on our planet? - Bad Taste- Such a classic horror comedy from Peter Jackson that took 4 years to complete and I have fond memories of this film as it had a whole roll of one liners and quotes that I could fill up a whole hubpage on one day!
6. I kick arse for the lord! - Dead Alive/Braindead- Another classic Peter Jackson zombie comedy which was a right laugh as we see a vicar teaching some local youths a lesson in kung fu...hahaha brilliant!
7. Braaaaaaiiiinnnsss! - Return of the living dead- Were we see the dead coming back to life after the release of a green vapour on a local graveyard, another classic zombie film, even the sequels I like em too.
8. How are those maggots? maggots michael you're eating maggots, how do they taste? - The Lost Boys - Classic 80's vampire film that they tried to bring back a bit of gimmicky nostalgia by bringing out a sequel which was lamer than my fish doing martial arts! It has the tiger fin style of martial arts!
9. I am the eater of worlds - Stephen Kings IT- Pennywise the Clown also says they all float which just makes me laugh and thing of doing a hurly burly turd in a swimming pool and watching it float like a log, but of course Pennywise is talking about dead bodies floating in the sewers!
10. What's in the box? David Finchers Seven- Such a quote right at the end of a film and a classic one too as we realise the final twist in the story for that film, it has also been added as a throw away gag line in the Supernatural series too and every time I hear someone say What's in the box I always have a little chuckle.