The Feeling of Depression or Just a Funk
Feeling a little under the weather emotionally
What is A Funk
Lets face it we all get into a funk every once in a while, even the most optimistic and upbeat people. A funk is not being depressed but a time when you feel nothing is working right in your life. Very often these funks are set off by a particular incident and they grow and grow. I am in a funk this morning. I know what set it off, which by the way has nothing to do why I am in the funk. A friend hurt my feelings and it set off an alarm. There are many reasons we get in a funk and sometimes just cannot figure why.
A particular funk for writers is what happens to a person who is working on a project and suddenly nothing is working. The words are not flowing and nothing seems to be working.
Handling your Funk
Reasons for getting in a funk
There are so many reasons for getting in a funk and it can attack you at any time;
Here ae just a few possible reasons for a funk:
- Your significant other is acting like a jerk and being difficult
- Your significant other is not being supportive of you and your endeavors
- A project you are working on is going nowhere
- You don't know what steps to take to fix a problem
- You were left out of an invitation for a group of people
- You are waiting for emails and calls that are important and they are not coming.
- YOu gained a few pounds and you have been dieting
- You are not following through with your planned agenda
- You are tired of doing things without results
- Your hubpages views are slow in happening
- You are confused about marketing a new product, service or idea.
- Even though you are active online on all the social networks you are not getting results.
These are just a few reasons for getting into a funk. If you have some different ones please add them in comments.
Why I am in A Funk
I woke up today feeling directionless, and this doesn't happen very often. I have several things I am trying to do in the writing department and other creative endeavors. I am at a standstill and don't know where to begin. I am not sure how to market my stuff and I am not sure where to begin. I feel like closing shop today just not doing anything but whatever I feel like at the moment.
Solutions for Getting out of a Funk
- Take a walk to clear your head.
- Identify why you are in the funk and write it down on paper. Check tomorrow to see how you feel about this issue or issues.
- Do something for your project even just a few minutes may get you back on track.
- Do some research on any facet of what you are doing.
- Talk to your significant other and explain how you feel if that is your issue.
- Call a good friend and set a lunch date to validate your own feelings.
- Stay off the scale for a few days if you are angry with the scale.
- Do something nice for yourself.
- If your issues are with writing ---write about something you love.
- If you have an issue write about it--I did.
- If all else fails contact a fellow Hubber.
We writers understand the daily joy and frustration about writing.
I am going to take my advice and try some of the above suggestions. I don't like the feeling of no direction. It is amazing how one day you feel like you have got the bull by the horns and the next day everything is a bit foggy. One good thing happened so far, I wrote this hub in a short period of time, and that rarely happens. So maybe the day is going to get better as it goes along.
Learn more about Behavior
This is me Libra
Other Hubs by Carol7777
- How You Can Lose Weight Easily
Diets can often result in failure as you start out great and end up cheating. Lose weight by planning what you are going to eat and follow the plan.
- The Generation Gap Difference: Babyboomers, Generation X, Generation Z
Each generation brings new technology and new life. Whatever generation you come from you look at the present with curiosity.What is in store for the current generation?
- Eleven Ways To Enjoy Life and Good Health as you Age
How to nave a healthy and antii-aging diet and be happy the rest of your life. Eat well, exercise and enjoy your life.
- Eleven Ideas to Enjoy Life and Good Health as You Age-Part 2
There are many simple ways to stay healthy, fit and enjoy life as you age. Eat well, exercise and just have fun.
- You Can Find Simple Ways to Become Rich
It is not easy to become rich, but most good things in life take time and planning. If you have the desire you can make this happen.