- Entertainment and Media
Top 8 Ways to Download Your Favorite Instagram Videos
Downloading Videos from Instagram with Ease
Do you love Instagram videos? Wish to download them? or do you wish to repost to repost some of your favorite Instagram videos to your profile? Well only if you can download them then a lot of possibilities are possible like collecting, sharing and reposting. Usually not everyone is blessed with a cool HTML5 browser or the luxury of going back to their favorite video again and again. So in such a case downloading your favorite Instagram videos can come in handy, besides that the videos downloaded are less than 5 Mb in size making it a big yes on all devices. In this tutorial you will learn how to download your favorite Instagram videos from Instagram using various amazing methods including a no software method which will be quite handy for everyone and a few PC and mobile friendly methods for Iphone, Android, Ipad and Windows phone users.
Sit tight this is a beautiful article and will be quick. :) You might find some steps lengthy but they are just in writing and will hardly take seconds to process when using the methods in actual. I suggest going from the preference order at the bottom of this list.
Approach-1 : Source Code Method
Since Instagram videos are hosted videos therefore anyone with a source code can access the video hosting address through the videos source codes. I know most of the Instagrammers are not programmers or coders, but this method is very easy, all you have to do is find the video hosting address in the source codes which will become quite clear as we move forward. Follow the following steps to find the source code of your Instagram video:
- Open Instagram and choose your favorite video or any video that you wish to download.
- Now to access the source code for the Instagram video do the following based on what platform you are using:
- For PC users simply right click and select " inspect source code " or anything that is related to source code based on what browser you are using. Mac users can use the apple key.
- For mobile users simply type " view-source: " just before the video url. And if that doesn't work then look for source code viewing option, usually in the settings icon available in your mobile browser. For some browsers you can cut the address and type the following " server:source " to get the the source code of the video url.
Now as you can access the Instagram videos source code. Simply look for the term " <meta property="og:video" " usually available in between line 40-50 in the code. You will be able to see a hosting address starting with http://distilleryvesper5-9.ak.instagram.com/ and ending with a .mp4 extension. For example for this Loi Krathong (ลอยกระทง) festival video the hosted videos address is
<meta property="og:video" content="http://distilleryvesper59.ak.instagram.com/ae9976e04f3111e39703123fed77b305_101.mp4" />
Simply copy the highlighted video hosting address and visit the url in your browser.
4. Now right click or just tap the screen to get option "save as" or "save video as" to save the video to your device. Go ahead try it yourself for the above highlighted address.
Now as you have downloaded the Instagram video, go ahead enjoy it on your device. The downloaded video will obviously be in a square format and as usually will be a short 15 sec or less then 15 sec video. This method of downloading Instagram videos works on all platforms.
Short video tutorial on how to download Instagram videos using Source Code Method
Approach-2 : Tubeoffline Method
Since Instagram videos are hosted videos, anyone with a little knowledge of source code can download Instagram videos quite easily using the above method but since not all Instagram users love the code thingy and some do hate those things, so we will be using a pre-scripted Instagram downloader script made by tubeoffline.This method saves the user the pain of going though the codes, giving the user instant access to their favorite Instagram videos which they wish to download. This method is quite easy and you will certainly like this one as it allows you to download Instagram videos directly by using the video url. To use this method follow the following steps.
1. Go to Instagram and copy the video url of the video which you wish to download.
2. Now go to tubeoffline.com and under the various video sites choose Instagram. Under the chosen option interface add in your copied Instagram video url and click "Get Video" to generate the video preview.
3. After your Instagram video preview successfully shows up, click on the "Generate" button to generate the download links for your Instagram video.
4. Now as your download link generates you can either download your Instagram video directly without any customization or else right click on the download button and save under your desired file name and location.
You can also use the generated download links on your blogs and forums using the generated codes just below the generated download links. Now go ahead and enjoy your downloaded Instagram video which in this case was the famous cat piper video of Instagram.
Video on downloading Instagram videos with Tubeoffline
Note: Most of the Instagram apps work on the same concept as TubeOffline, in fact the very first Instagram downloader InstaDown now known as DreDown also worked on the same principle.
Approach-3 : Download Instagram Videos with IFTTT (Automated Downloads Method)
Well downloading Instagram videos one by one through copy and pasting codes on third party apps and sites can be time taking and frustrating. But how about downloading your favorite Instagram videos automatically on being liked or commented on Instagram ? Well you can do so using IFTTT recipes where in when you like an Instagram video, a trigger is created through IFTTT which automatically downloads and saves the video in your Google drive, dropbox or whatever online cloud storage system you use and have authorized in the IFTTT recipe. You can even post them on other social networking sites as well using IFTTT.
Steps to creating Instagram-IFTTT recipe
- Log in to your IFTTT account and click "Create Recipe" option in the "My Recipes" menu option. On directing you will come across "ifthisthenthat" text where you need to click on highlighted this link to choose Instagram as your trigger channel.
2. Click on Instagram trigger channel icon to choose "You like a Video" as a trigger create an action to download a Video like by you on Instagram with "Create Trigger" option. (You will need to authenticate your Instagram account with IFTTT to allow for the trigger to work)
Automatic downloads to Google Drive from Instagram
3. On authenticating your Instagram account you will be directed to "ifthisthanthat" text again but this time you need to click the highlighted that link to create a online cloud storage option for the created Instagram like a video to download trigger. Choose a desired online cloud storage option like Google Drive, Dropbox, icloud, skydrive ,pocket, evernote etc or you can choose a bookmarking option or a social media site like blogger, Facebook, Tumblr, etc to post the video directly on whenever you like a video on Instagram.
4. Again in the created download storage for your videos you need to mention the action that the second account needs to take which in this case would be "Upload file from URL" and after that you need to mention the criteria you need to be saved along with the downloaded Instagram video like the username, description, tags, link URL, saved folder name, etc and click "Create Action" link to finish the IFTTT recipe for Instagram videos.
This method is quite cool and most recommended as it takes out all the unnecessary hassle to download Instagram videos and most of all it saves everything on your cloud storage device or posts it on your social networking or bookmarking sites depending on the action chosen in IFTTT making it a all in one solution for Instagramers to post and download videos and photos they like on Instagram to their various social media accounts and cloud storage devices with just touch of a heart icon on the photography app.
Automatically download Liked Instagram Videos to Google Drive
Approach-4 : INK361 Web Client Method
INK361 is an amazing web client for Instagram that comes with beautifully designed photo and video feed apart from follower-unfollower count and post reach analytics helping one to socialize and organize themselves seemlessly. One of the cool features is ability to download videos.and photos, here is how:
- Log in to ink361.com with your Instagram account credentials to authorize the web client which will bring your whole Instagram feed and recommendations to the client.
- Browse for a video to download and click on it. When the video popup appears simply right click on it and choose the "Save video as" option to download your Instagram video.
Note : In fact this approach is applicable to all third party Instagram clients like Flow for Ipad, Negatives for Ios and Android, Webstagram, WebbyGram, ExtraGram, Insta-Great, Instagrid, Pinstagram, Statigram, etc. Just right click on the video and you will be able to save it with the save as option.
Approach-5 : Torch Browser Method
If you are bored of using the same Google Chrome and Firefox web browsers then you should probably give torch a try because the browser comes with incredible features like video grabber, themes for your favorite sites and lots of incredible streaming possibilities. With so many cool features it's natural that it compliments Instagram as well. Here is how we achieve out mission on torch browser:
- Download torch browser from torchbrowser.com and install it on your operating system. Now go to instagram.com and log in to your profile.
- Browse your feed for an Instagram video and click the blue video grabber icon from the torch browser's toolbar to download the video directly into your device.
Approach-6 : EasyDownloader App for Android Smartphones
Up until now we saw numerous web based clients and downloaders in above mentioned methods with IFTTT method coming on top followed by the torch browsers media grabber.But since Instagram is mostly used on smartphones, tablets and iphones, we will be going through some of the top apps used by Instagramers to download Instagram videos. Talking of apps EasyDownloader is one of the popular Instagram video downloaders on the app store.
- Download the EasyDownloader app from the Google play store and install it on your android device. Open the EasyDownloader app and click on the Instagram icon in top right corner to activate it for use with Instagram.
2. Open Instagram and browse to a video to test the EasyDownloader app. In the Instagram video page click on the three dot icon at the bottom right corner of the video to get the option of "Copy Share URL". The video will automatically start downloading in the background the moment you will copy the video URL.The downloaded video is shared on your device's SD card with the name of the user it is downloaded from.
Coolest feature about this app is that it downloads Instagram videos without leaving the app itself, unlike many other copy-paste URL type apps that need to be opened separately in order to download the video. Another similar app would be InstaSave which creates a list of all videos to be downloaded later on demand.
Download Instagram Videos with EasyDownloader App
Approach-7 : InstaVideo Downloader for Windows Phone
Windows Phone users can download Instagram videos using the app InstaVideo Downloader available only for Windows phone. Here is how to use it :
- Go to your Instagram video and copy its URL using the three dots icon below it on the bottom right corner. Now simply go to InstaVideo Downloader and paste it in the app to download and save the video to your device library.
Download Instagram Videos on Windows Phone with InstaVideo
Approach-8 : Downloading Multiple Instagram Videos at once with InstaGrab
While we are taking about downloading our favorite Instagram videos, it won't be long when the addiction extends to multiple photos and videos in the feed. In such a scenario we have this amazing app called the InstaGrab that works in all devices and platforms including Iphones and Ipads and downloads multiple photos and videos at once in batch processing.
- Download and Install the InstaGrab app on the app store to your device. Open the InstaGrab app and log in with your Instagram account credentials. Now just browse to any Instagram video and click the download button below it to save the video to your device.
2. Now to download multiple Instagram videos or photos at a time just tap the "Batch Save" option on the top right corner of the Instagrab app and simply tick all the videos that you wish to download in your current page feed.
Well with the last method, this concludes the list of top 8 most used Instagram downloaders for downloading Instagram videos. In fact using most of these methods you can also download your favorite Instagram photos along with videos. In the app store you will find many Instagram downloaders but they are basically all the same and provide all the features included in this list of top 8 apps and methods. Personally here is the preference of methods I would suggest from this list
IFTTT (3) > Instagrab (8) > EasyDownloader (6) > Torch Browser (5) > INK361 & all Web Clients (4) > Source Code (1) > InstaVideo (7) > TubeOffline & Copy Paste Link sites and Apps (2)
Time for InstaPolls ♥
Which approach did you like the most ?
Have a suggestion or a new awesome app recommendation for this list then do comment in the section below and keep on improving this list by inviting more of your friends. Till then keep up the Instagramer spirit alive. Happy Instagraming!♫
© 2015 Nell