How to print your passport photo for FREE or cheap
need free or cheap passport photo?
Now you can make it even at home using your digital camera and you computer.
All what you have to do is to take a photo for the person who needs the passport taking care that your Photographs Must Be: (according to passport photo requirement in USA http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/get/minors/minors_834.html
- In color
- 2 x 2 inches in size
- Taken within the past 6 months, showing current appearance
- Full face, front view with a plain white or off-white background
- Between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head
- Taken in normal street attire:
- Uniforms should not be worn in photographs except religious attire that is worn daily
- Do not wear a hat or headgear that obscures the hair or hairline
- If you normally wear prescription glasses, a hearing device, wig or similar articles, they should be worn for your picture
- Dark glasses or nonprescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless you need them for medical reasons (a medical certificate may be required)
Upload your photo to the computer and use a FREE photo editor software as photo editor or photoshop you can even use the paint brush on your Microsoft office.
just crop the photo needed around the face using image attributes or size of 2 X 2 inches and if there is an option for resolution, use 1200 x 1200
then you can use the paint brush software to create a new paper of Image --> attributes: 4 (width) X 6 (height) inches
then copy and paste your 2 X 2 photo in this paper
at last, you now have 4 or 6 copies of the photo in the paper you created
Now, save it on your PC and upload on a USB flash driver and go to walgreen or any photo store you like to print it.
Another option here is to claim FREE photo prints from many photo stores when you are a new member with them online, just register to score 20-50 FREE prints and sometimes shipment also is FREE.
Some helpful offers in USA
if you do not know, these are some great offers that you would like to try:
1- CVS photo http://www.cvsphoto.com/home.aspx they always offer 50 FREE prints when you join them for the first time with totally FREE pick up cost in store.
2- Snapfish http://www.snapfish.com/snapfish/welcome
they offer 20 FREE prints when sign up ( sometimes they offer free shipment)
3- Walmart photo http://photos2.walmart.com/walmart/storepage/storePageId=Main sometimes they offer FREE shipment ( 9c / photo print). It is available now through 31 July 2010.
4- York photo http://www.yorkphoto.com they offer 20 FREE prints when join.