How to recharge your Startimes Pay tv account
Startimes is one of the popular Pay tv services available in Nigeria and if you are already using this service, this hub would helpful in regards to renewing your subscription before or after it expires.
Depending on the bouquet or plan on which you are on, recharging your Startimes account is quite easy and you can do it in a lot of ways. Renewing your Startimes pay tv service can easily be done from your home or office using your mobile phone or their website by means of a top up card.
Options to recharge your Startimes cable tv service in Nigeria
- Visiting the Startimes office
- Using a Startimes recharge card
- Paying to Startimes' bank account
- Recharging using Mobile money
- Recharging using Pockemoni
- Using gistme cards
Of all these above listed options, I'm guessing Nigerians would find it easier to stick with 3 easy ones which are (1) making payment at Startimes office (2) recharging with a scratch card or (3) make payment at the bank. I'm going to talk more about those 3 options below.
A. Making cash payments at the Startimes office
All this basically requires is that you go to any close Startimes office and make a cash payment on behalf of your account which in this case is your smart card number. You will need to go along with your number so that it gets credited directly at the Startimes office almost immediately after payment. It is that easy.
B. Recharging using a Startimes recharge card
Another easy method to recharge your Startimes decoder is by simply using a recharge card. You can renew your subscription using either the sms service or by visiting the Startimes website. In this article, I'm going to focus on using the sms service from your mobile phone
Things you will need for using sms recharge service:
- Smart card number
- Mobile phone service (except those on visafone network)
- Recharge card
How to do it
- Purchase a recharge card from any Startimes office or authorized retailer
- Scratch the card
- Use sms or web to credit it to your account
Using recharge card with sms
You can decide to recharge your Startimes tv service using your mobile phone's sms and the recharge pin you bought. All you need to know are the sms codes to send and to which number to send it. Here are the sms codes:
- Staying with your current bouquet: CC#smartcardnumber#pin
- Changing from any bouquet to basic :CC#smartcardnumber#pin#B
- Changing from any bouquet to classic : CC#smartcardnumber#pin#C
- Changing from any bouquet to unique: CC#smartcardnumber#pin#U
* Your Smartcard Number is 11 digits and SMD is 16 digits.
* You also have to wait for 2 to 7 minutes for the device to be activated after reloading
Using recharge card on Startimes website
This is a second option to recharge your Startimes tv service using the scratch card option. You just need to go to the startimes website at startimes.com.ng and use your scratch card and smart card number to execute the renewal. Here is what it involves:
- Visit the Startimes website at startimes.com.ng
- Look for self service under customer support
- Enter your Startimes smart card number and default password which is 123456
- Log in
- Change your password if it is your first time
- Select the recharge card payment option
- Load the recharge card
- Your account would be reloaded within 2 mins
C. Making payments at the bank
This method simply involves going to any of Startimes partner banks and making direct cash payments into their account while indicating your smart card number and service.
Most Nigerian banks already do have accounts for Startimes and some of thes banks include: Access Bank, Mainstreet Bank, Keystone Bank, Diamond Bank, Ecobank, FCMB, Fidelity Bank, First Bank, Skye Bank, Stanbic IBTC, Sterling Bank, Union Bank Nigeria, United Bank for Africa, Unity Bank, Enterprise Bank and Zenith Bank.
To make payment, just get a customized Startimes teller and make payment into the proper account number indicating your smart card number. Your account would be recharged within 24 hours or as soon as the bank credits it and Startimes confirms it.