I Can Do Bad All By Myself film review
Review of Tyler Perry's I Can Do Bad All By Myself movie starring Taraji P. Henson
I CAN DO BAD ALL BY MYSELF the movie
I Can Do Bad All By Myself is a really good movie. I found it. I finally found it. I found the Tyler Perry movie that I like more than any other (including Madea's Family Reunion, Meet the Browns, The Family that Preys, Madea Goes to Jail and more). My new favorite Tyler Perry film is I Can Do Bad All By Myself.
I don't know what it is that makes me feel this way about the I Can Do Bad All By Myself movie. Maybe it is the love story, the uplifting performances of a gospel choir, or the singing by the great Mary J. Blige all contained in the film, I Can Do Bad All By Myself.
I CAN DO BAD ALL BY MYSELF
Mary J. Blige acts and sings in I Can Do Bad All By Myself the movie
In the I Can Do Bad All By Myself movie, Taraji P. Henson has a starring role and gives a great performance as an alcoholic singer who performs in nightclubs. The film, I Can Do Bad All By Myself opens with her on stage wearing a huge afro wig and singing "Rock Steady". She is a very passionate performer.
In the movie, Mary J. Blige plays her best friend who is also a singer, of course, at the same club.
- Mary's character in I Can Do Bad All By Myself, Tanya recognizes that her friend, (Taraji's character) April needs an intervention. Daily, all she does is sing in the club, chain smoke, drink heavily and sleep. April is single with no children but has a niece and two nephews who are her sister's kids.
I CAN DO BAD ALL BY MYSELF MOVIE DVD
The character Madea in I Can Do Bad All By Myself the movie
- In I CAN DO BAD ALL BY MYSELF the movie, the children are in the care of their grandmother, but one day their grandmother does not come home.
- The children are unable to provide for themselves and instead come up with the misguided idea to loot a home.
- The home belongs to Madea played by Tyler Perry! You know she's not having it.
- She jokingly threatens the kids and demands to know who takes care of the children. When they say that they have been unable to find their grandmother, Madea then takes them to the doorstep of their aunt, April.
In I CAN DO BAD ALL BY MYSELF the movie, the character April just thinks the kids are brats, especially the eldest- a fifteen year old girl.
April is quick to say that these are not her children and are not her responsibility. She mentions her mother who is caring for them and that is when she finds out that her mother has been missing.
In I CAN DO BAD ALL BY MYSELF the movie, the character April thinks that the kids (her niece and nephews) are brats.
In the film, I Can Do Bad All By Myself, Taraji P. Henson's character April is just so selfish
The kids (two small boys and a girl) are very lovable but April does not see it because of how selfish she is.
She agrees to let them stay temporarily but continues her routine including heavy smoking in the house even though one of the young boys has asthma!
In I CAN DO BAD ALL BY MYSELF the movie, the character April continues to smoke heavily in the home even though one of the young boys has asthma!
Strong supporting characters contribute to the moving story in the film I Can Do Bad All By Myself
Among the two nephews and niece that go to stay with the character April in the I Can Do Bad All By Myself movie,the niece is a fifteen year old girl, Jennifer played by Hope Olaide Wilson.
- Jennifer is very feisty and April gets really annoyed and sick of her smart mouth.
- April is often really loud and yells at the kids to shut up while she is sleeping during the day so that she can go to sing in the club at night.
In I CAN DO BAD ALL BY MYSELF the movie, the character April gets sick of her rude niece, Jennifer and her smart mouth.
The characters Sandino and April in I Can Do Bad All By Myself the movie
Sandino played by Adam Rodriguez
During the story of I Can Do Bad All By Myself the movie, another person who comes to board at the house is a handyman, referred to April by the pastor and his wife at the local church. Pastor Brian is played by Marvin Winans and his wife Wilma is played by Gladys Knight.
The handyman, Sandino (played by Adam Rodriguez) stays in the basement in exchange for handywork around the house. He likes April but keeps a low profile since she already has a boyfriend.
The low profile does not last long however as Sandino learns that April's boyfriend is a jerk. Her boyfriend is also married and having an affair with April.
At first, Sandino keeps a low profile but that doesn't last for too long.
I Can Do Bad All By Myself is a movie with some uplifting messages
In the movie I Can Do Bad All By Myself, the story, mainly surrounding the character April is very moving and really becomes one about dealing with grief, redemption, renewal, and finding true unconditional and nonjudgmental love after bad behavior. There are many messages in the film, I Can Do Bad All By Myself which spiritually uplifts with it's exalting gospel music.
I rate it 4/5 stars ****.
I Can Do Bad All By Myself the movie is rated PG-13
I Can Do Bad All By Myself is a 2009 film, based on the 1999 play by Tyler Perry
The movie, I Can Do Bad All By Myself is starring Tyler Perry as Madea/Joe, Taraji P. Henson as April, Adam Rodriguez as Sandino, Hope Olaide Wilson as Jennifer, Mary J. Blige as Tanya, Gladys Knight as Wilma, Marvin Winans as Pastor Brian and more.
I Can Do Bad All By Myself the movie
1. I love the song, I Can Do Bad All By Myself (sung by Mary J. Blige) from the soundtrack of the movie I Can Do Bad All By Myself
2. I Can Do Bad All By Myself the movie : Actor interviews
© 2009 Nyesha Pagnou MPH