- Entertainment and Media»
Interesting Facts About the AKB48 song Manatsu No Sounds Good!
A look at AKB48 member Mayu Watanabe
All about the single Manatsu no Sounds Good!
Famous girl group AKB48 has released a total of 42 major singles as of 2015 and five albums. What follows is not a review of a single but the interesting facts and information about it. On that album, there is a song called Manatsu no Sounds Good! It is the 26th single released by AKB48 and it was released on May 23, 2012. The single has both a regular edition and a Theater Edition. The single also had tickets that fans were eligible to use at the 4th Senbatsu Election to vote. The centers for this single are Atsuko Maeda and Mayu Watanabe. Watanabe would also be the center for the single So Long! She is the center for the AKB48 single Kokoro no Placard because she was the top vote receiver at the conclusion of the 37th single Senbatsu Elections. For Manatsu no Sounds Good!, there are 36 girls known as the Senbatsu Girls who ended up getting into the top 36 spots in 2012. Tsugi no Ashiato ended up reaching an impressive milestone of 1,001,000 copies just 16 days after it came out, making it a record for AKB48. Manatsu no Sounds Good ended up doing very well in 2012, selling about 1,820,056 copies and to date, it has sold 1,822,220 copies. The English title for the song is Midsummer Sounds Good. It is the 13th song on the Theater Edition of Tsugi no Ashiato. The single received major recognition when it won two awards during the Billboard Japan Music Awards in 2012 and it also won a Grand Prix Award at the 54th Japan Record Awards. It seems that whatever material AKB48 puts out, that material gets recognized very quickly and they win over the fans in the process. I’m an AKB48 fan too even though I don’t live in Japan. Congratulations to AKB48 for being awarded for yet another single release.
Regular Edition track listing
- Manatsu no Sounds Good!
- Mitsu no Namida
- Choudai Darling!
- Gugutasu no Sora
- Manatsu no Sounds Good! (non-vocal version)
- Mitsu no Namida (karaoke version)
- The karaoke versions of the exclusive tracks mentioned above.
Track listing for the Theater Edition of the single
- Manatsu no Sounds Good
- Mitsu no Namida
- Kimi no Tame ni Boku Wa
- Manatsu no Sounds Good! (no vocals)
- Mitsu no Namida (no vocals)
- Kimi no Tame ni Boku Wa (no vocals)
Who were some of the members that sang in the single?
Those girls that were in Team A at the time of the single’s release include Minami Takahashi, Mariko Shinoda, Aki Takajo (was a member of AKB48 sub-unit French Kiss and JKT48 as well), Asuka Kuramochi, Rino Sashihara (HKT48), and Haruna Kojima who is the oldest member of AKB48 now. For the single, those members that were in Team K at the time include Tomomi Itano, Yuko Oshima, Minami Minegishi, Sae Miyazawa, and Yui Yokoyama who is now chosen to be the General Manager of AKB48 and all of its other groups. At the time of the single’s release, the two most prominent members of Team 4 were Anna Iriyama and Rina Kawaei. For the single, there were also members from SKE48 and NMB48. NMB48’s Sayaka Yamamoto and Miyuki Watanabe who are known as the duo of SayaMilky, took part in the single. SKE48’s Rena Matsui and Jurina Matsui took part in the single as well.
The song Manatsu no Sounds Good! (played on the piano)
Here are some Interesting facts about Manatsu no Sounds Good!
- This is the last single to feature Atsuko Maeda as a member.
- This is also the first selection into the Senbatsu Girls for many of these members including Anna Iriyama, Rina Kawaei, Haruka Shimada, and Haruka Shimazaki. There are several other girls for which this was the single for their first selection into the Senbatsu Girls category.
- This is the first single to have 36 Senbatsu Girls. The other singles had 16, 26, and 18 Senbatsu members.
- This single represented the largest number of members in senbatsu from Team 4.
- This was also the first single to feature a member from HKT48.
- This single also had the largest number of members from the group SKE48 in the Senbatsu Girls category.
Favorite AKB48 single out of the following
Which one of these AKB48 singles is your favorite one?
Other Hubs about AKB48 songs
- Interesting facts about AKB48 song UZA the 28th majo...
This Hub is about the song called UZA. UZA is the 28th single released by popular Japanese girl group AKB48.
- AKB48's 29th single Eien Pressure: All You Need To K...
This Hub is all about the song Eien Pressure, the 29th major single by popular girl group AKB48.
- AKB48's Kibouteki Refrain, the 38th major single rel...
This Hub is all about the song Kibouteki Refrain, the 38th single released by popular girl group AKB48.
- Facts about the AKB48 song called Sayonara Crawl the...
This Hub is about the song Sayonara Crawl, the impressive 31st major single released by popular girl group AKB48. It sold a then record number of copies on May 22, 2013.
- The song called Green Flash by AKB48: How Did AKB48 ...
This Hub is about how popular girl group AKB48 got far enough to release another successful single. This single is called Green Flash and it is their 39th major single.
- Labrador Retriever, the 36th single by Japanese Girl...
This Hub is about the AKB48 song called Labrador Retriever.
Girl group SNH48 performs the single Manatsu no Sounds Good!
© 2016 Ara Vahanian