Jazz Guitar Solos
Why Do I Play Jazz Guitar?
I've been drawn to the sound of jazz ever since I can remember. Even though I was a rock/blues guitarist as a young teen I still tried to learn that elusive jazz music. There was something about the groove and sound that moved me and I still can't really define it. The fact is I like it and I want to get better at it. It really gives one motivation to get a deeper understanding of the harmony that is lacking in most popular music.
I have posted some examples of what I've come up with as a jazz guitarist.
Beginning Jazz Guitar
- Learning To Play Jazz Guitar From The Beginning
How to approach learning beginning jazz guitar
Jazz F Blues
Contemporary Jazz Guitar
- Contemporary Smooth Jazz Guitar Solos by Mark Fitchett - YouTube
Some original music.
- More Mercy Mark Fitchett Jazz Guitar - YouTube
Great vamp to jam on. Bristol Farms Redondo Beach
- Sunny on guitar soul jazz by Mark Fitchett, Greg Alban & Joe Kennedy - YouTube
I was trying to catch a bit of the Pat Martino vibe. One of the best guitar recordings ever of this song is on Pat's early 70's album.
My Favorite Jazz Guitarists
- How to Memorize the Notes on the Guitar Neck
This article will show you the best method ever of how to efficiently learn and memorize the notes on a guitar neck in the shortest amount of time.
- The Simplified Basics of Starting to Learn to Play t...
This is the absolute bottom line of how to start playing guitar. The information given here is in small chunks, easy to digest and will give the student a solid foundation to pursue guitar mastery.
- How To Play Rhythm Piano (Why should guitarists have...
The problem with traditional piano education is that it doesn't teach you how to play in a band.
- Learn The 5 Positions of the E Minor Pentatonic Scal...
The minor pentatonic scale on the guitar, and particularily the E minor pentatonic scale is a blues and rock guitar staple. There have been so many guitar driven songs in this key that one could easily make a case for E being the starting place.
- The Basics of Playing Together in a Band
About how play in a band and not kill each other. Practice and rehearsal tips.
- Becoming a Competent Musician
An overview of how to become a good musician. lessons, practice
- Blues Turnarounds For Guitarists
Details on how to play blues turanarounds on the guitar featuring 9 classic blues turnaround examples in tablature
- Blues: An Original American Music
An overview history of how the blues started and progressed in America.
- Bending the Strings in Blues Guitar
About the nuances of bending strings on the guitar