- Entertainment and Media»
Keith Urban - Random Fun Facts
Random Facts about Keith Urban
- Was born in New Zealand moved to Brisbane and then Caboolture when he was 2 years old.
- His birthday is October 26, 1967. His astrological sign is Scorpio.
- Has an older brother named Shane.
- His father who was a country music fan gave Keith his first instrument...a ukulele at age 4.
- Learned to play the guitar at age 6.
- Began to perform at musical festivals at age 8.
- His middle name is Lionel.
- Won a few talents shows as a youngster singing hits by Tanya Tucker and Dolly Parton.
- Was inspired by musical artists such as Glen Campbell and Don Williams with his singing talents.
- His guitar playing was inspired by Dire Straits and Fleetwood Mac.
- As a child he collected eggs from the chickens and cleaned pigsty's. These tasks taught him resourcefulness.
- At age 15 Keith Urban joined a rock band called Fractured Mirror. He was a metal head. He couldn't let go of his country music roots. He was fired.
- In his younger years he had more faith in his fingers than his voice. He now has faith in both.
- Favorite sport is Soccer when Australia is winning.
- He has changed his hairstyle and had dental work since he's hit the big time. I do miss his trademark gap. I don't miss the mullet hairstyle.
Urban Developments Video Blog
Quotes by Keith Urban
“Life is about holding on and letting go.”
“And if I get it right everybody will be singing along, yeah
And when they see you on the street they’ll say,
'Hey, ain’t you the girl in that song?”
“I'm grateful when anybody can start to have his or her limited perception of the genre open up a little bit, ... There's a lot of great music in the country genre that doesn't get heard because people say, 'Well, I don't like country.”
“The only place that I wanna be is where you are, cause any more than a heartbeat away is just too far.”
Keith Urban - Before & after transformation
Keith Urban continued...
- But For The Grace Of God was his first #1 hit in the USA and was written along with two members of The Go Go's.
- Humbleness is part of his DNA.
- His ideal marriage is that of his parents Bob and Marienne.
- Posed nude in Playgirl in April 2001. Further proof that Keith ages like a fine wine.
- Wears Levi's jeans and really fills them out.
- No need for a cowboy hat or cowboy boots for this cowboy.
- By age 24 he had four #1 country songs in Australia.
- His first band in Nashville was The Ranch.
- Signed with Capitol Records in in Nashville in 1999.
- When he first landed in Nashville he was a struggling songwriter.
- He played guitar for the Dixie Chicks and Brooks & Dunn.
- Keith Urban met Sunshine in 2000. We both vividly recall the meeting. Well, I do.
- Can play the acoustic and electric guitars. Banjo, bass guitar, mandolin, piano, sitar, bouzouki and the drums.
- Is known as the "thunder from down under."
- Dated and lived with supermodel Niki Taylor. When they broke up he signed the deed over to Niki.
- Keith is 5'10 in height.
- Urban Developments is KU's video blog to keep in touch with his fans.
- Is the organizer for "All For The Hall" concerts which draw in thousands of attendees. An organization that raises money for Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum. There have been three annual concerts so far. Total tally is over one million dollars!
- Won 2005 CMA Entertainer Of The Year.
- In 2006, KU and Damien Horne of "The Farm" put together and directed a children's choir during the 2006 CMT awards show in tribute to the victims of Hurricane Katrina
- First Kiwi to win CMA Male Vocalist in 2004 and 2005.
- Keith is a private person. He's not one for glitz and glam.
Keith Urban - Stupid Boy
Keith Urban and John Mayer performing Sweet Thing on CMT Crossroads
Are you a Keith Urban fanatic?
I'm not done yet! More facts about Keith Urban
- Married Nicole Kidman on June 25, 2006 in Sydney. (Also happens to be my birthday!)
- They have two daughters. Sunday Rose (2008) and Faith Margaret (2010). Fans of KU didn't know about Faith until she was a few weeks old. She was delivered by a surrogate. When the Urban's request privacy, they get it! (Faith is also my granddaughter's name.)
- He was in rehab from Oct. 2006 - Jan. 2007 for his addictions. His song Thank You is dedicated to Nicole who gave him the strength to conquer the demons. Thank you Nicole!
- Keith filed a lawsuit against a painter for his domain name KeithUrban.com. The painter counter-sued and Keith Urban the musician lost. His domain name is KeithUrban.Net I guess it's first come, first served with domain names.
- Keith is a stepfather to Tom Cruise's two oldest children with Nicole Kidman. Isabella and Connor were adopted by Tom and Nicole when they were married.
- The name of Keith's fan club is Monkeyville. Keith is the main monkey. His crazy monkeys help spread monkey love. They recently collected over 900 stuffed monkeys to benefit charities and organizations. There is no monkeying around with the monkeyville fans! His logo is a monkey carrying a guitar...Nabru.
- He has released 10 albums. One only released in the UK. One released with The Ranch.
- 15 singles on the U.S. country music charts. 14 became number one hits!
- He had vocal chord surgery in 2011 to remove a polyp. During his post-treatment he wasn't permitted to speak for three weeks. When he spoke his first word Nicole and Keith both cried.
- April 21, 2012 he was the first Australian to be inducted into the Grand Ole Opry.
- For You is a song that Keith sang and wrote specifically for the blockbuster movie "Act Of Valor."
- KU has over 4 million Facebook fans.
- His Twitter handle is @keithurban and has over 1.7 million followers.
- Performed a duet with Brad Paisley singing Start A Band.
- Phoenix is the name of Keith Urban's fragrance.
- Performed on CMT: Crossroads TV show with John Mayer.
- KU was a vocal coach of Australia's version of The Voice for one season.
- Keith detests olives and thinks they shouldn't be categorized as a food.
- Pet peeve: When people don't look you in the eyes when they shake your hand.
- Agreed to be a judge on American Idol. Fans are split on the decision. Some are happy. Some aren't. I'm not. I think Keith Urban is far better than being a judge on a reality show that should have been axed a few years ago. Update: KU has been the favorite judge and has gained many new fans. Why am I not surprised?
This concludes my list of random facts about Keith Urban. If there is something that you read that you think should be corrected please let me know. Whether you are a fan, a crazy monkey or Keith Urban your thoughts are appreciated! Rock on KU!
THANK YOU to the crazy monkey's from KU's Forum who offered some advice on my facts! I appreciate you! Just spreading our love for KU!
Keith Urban - For You from "Act Of Valor" soundtrack
Keith Urban's website...
- Home ~ Keith Urban
The Official Keith Urban Website. Join Monkeyville and while you're here get Keith Urban Tour Dates, Videos, Music, Merchandise and more!
Additional articles about Keith Urban
- Cool Collection of Country Music Videos: Keith Urban Country Music Videos
- Keith Urban - Haiku
A three part haiku in honor of Keith Urban's country tunes...
- Keith Urban - My Fan Letter to the Country Music Star!
I compiled the Top Ten hit songs of Keith Urban and created a fan letter to him. Also included are a list of KU's #1 singles! Videos and the Ellen Degeneres commercial starring KU!
- Keith Urban List of 28 Top Ten Hit Songs
My tribute to Keith Urban and his many number one country music hits!
Keith Urban & Miranda Lambert "We Were Us"
© 2012 Linda Bilyeu