Kim Hyo Yeon Member of the Girl Group Girls Generation Who is Also an Actress
Who Is Kim-Hyo Yeon & Why Is She Famous?
Kim Hyo-Yeon or Hyo-Yeon as she is more famously known by is a South Korean actress, singer, dancer and supermodel. Born on September 22, 1989, she is best known for being a member of the Korean girl group Girls’ Generation. The group is under contract with SM Entertainment as of 2007.
Kim Hyo Yeon In 2015 at Incheon International Airport in South Korea
How Did Kim Get Her Start in Entertainment?
She was born in Incheon, South Korea. She has a younger brother by the name Kim Min-gu. Hyo-Yeon started auditioning for SM Entertainment when she was 11 years old. This began when she auditioned through the SM 2000 casting system. What is interesting is that she actually had no plans to audition. But at the request of her mother who was a big fan of the boy band called “H.O.T.” Her mother brought her to the offices of the company so that she could increase her chances of seeing the band.
Kim Hyo-Yeon Got Training As a Dancer
Hyo-Yeon started her dance training in her elementary school years. She attended a small hip-hop school at the time where she learned hi-hop, jazz, and Latin dance. In 1999, she attended Winners Dance School. This is a very famous dance school in South Korea that specializes in hip-hop and many other styles of dance.
Who Gave Hyo-Yeon Her Dance Lessons?
Her dance instruction was taught by something called the Electric Boogaloos and several other top choreographers. Before beginning her career with Girls Generation, she served as Korean singer Boa’s silhouette dancer!
Kim Hyo-Yeon at A Fan Signing Event in April 2016
Kim Hyo Yeon Talks About A Few Personal Matters
In November 2018, Kim appeared on a TV show where she discussed a few very personal matters, one of them being that she revealed that she is very impatient and that she tends to misspeak a lot. She also said that fans in France cheer for her much more than other members of Girls Generation so she is thinking of going to France again. She also mentioned about the love that she has for the members of this group saying that “I was never able to say, ‘I love you’ to the members. Tiffany is the one who can express her feelings really well. We’ve all changed because we’ve been together for so long. I’m able to say ‘I love you’ even in our group chat. I wasn’t able to before, but now I can. I’m always thankful for my members, because it’s not easy to spend 10 years together. We cried while we were eating,” (Lee, 2018).
Kim Hyo Yeon's Solo Song "Wannabe"
Interesting facts about Hyo-yeon
- She studied Chinese in Beijing in 2004.
- She made an appearance in the second season of Invincible Youth 2, a Korean reality show.
- Another famous appearance she made was in the Korean version of the famous “Dancing with the Stars” during the second season. The first show of that season was on April 27th 2010. She got a strong second place finish.
- As for her movie appearances, she made an appearance in the drama called “Unstoppable Marriage” in 2008.
- She also made what is known as a cameo appearance in “Oh My Lady!”
- In November of 2010, it was reported that she had a crush on a certain male idol of SNSD. She said that the relationship is “one sided” and he has a good sense of humor.
- Kim has learned a variety of different dances. She has learned jazz dance and Latin dance as well.
- Her favorite foods are any kind of soup and Korean food.
- Her style of fashion is feminine shoes with baggy pants.
- Her most inspirational quote is “Everyone that works hard will succeed.”
Lee, J. (2018, November 14). Girls’ Generation’s Hyoyeon Talks About Crying While Eating With Members. Retrieved from Soompi: https://www.soompi.com/article/1263633wpp/girls-generation-hyoyeon-talks-crying-eating-members
© 2019 Ara Vahanian