Lighter Side of Life - Happiness - What Makes Us Happy
What do people look for in life, what makes them happy? What makes one person happy may not make another person happy. But, Usually, the higher goals are similar; to achieve happiness people look for things like graduating, marriage, career, children, success, winning the lottery, etc. All these could be pretty time consuming and lengthy process. I am not saying that there is anything wrong with them, but life is too short to leave such long gaps in between 'happiness Goals'!
In my opinion, and this is one person's opinion, we should look for lots of small incidents in our daily life that would make us happy...... In that way you are really maximizing the potential growth for happiness! Right? Ok, then let's get to work.
My Ice Cream!
Here are some basic ideas for happiness; some of these goals were accomplished by me when I was young, and some at an adult age, and some are goals that I have seen others have reached:
- dancing in the pouring rain, what a great feeling!
- sitting at the bay window sipping coffee, while there is a blizzard going on outside;
- laying in the green, green lush grass, staring at the blue, blue sky on a fine summer day;
- guest are coming, and you burned that chicken, then they call to say they can't make it!
- feeling the soft sand under your feet;
- You just bought a chocolate ice cream at the Mall, and your best friend takes it from you! Guess who is walking around with a chocolate mustache? :)
- looking at your mother's face..... When she goes for your socks drawer where you kept all those little frog!
- you get the last piece of that chocolate mousse cake because no one bothered to get up at midnight;
- when that baby can't tell his mother that you took his lollipop. ok, ok I was pretty young then!
- hiding from the world in that little tree house, and reading your favorite book;
- You don't have to worry about that geek in college after all; he is interested in your best friend; the effect of make up!
- Realizing that you don't have to kiss a frog to get married; that was a real relief!
- that red balloons don't really lift you up on a 'blustery day',
- the sky is not really falling; don't read 'chicken little' to anyone under 6.
- your favorite dress is on sale at J.Crews,
- when your boyfriend bangs into that pole at the mall; he was too busy looking at that sales clerk; at this point you really can't stop laughing, ah, that is happiness!
- your neighbors made such a fuss about their thousand dollar sprinkler system, and it rained all summer;
- for a change your house is clean, your kids are at camp, and your husband has left for a business trip, YES!
- birthday cake cutting time at the office, and you get a call from your boss's boss. He wants to see the project your are working on, ASAP. Sorry, guys have to run!
At The End Know That:
Life is to short, so be happy at every opportunity you can grab, and believe me it's not hard at all!
Smiling All The Way!