Looking for Good Television?
The Joys of Television
The DVR is a wonderful thing. I can watch my shows, commercial free, and catch up on all of my favorite television shows. I use to not really be a big television person, but lately I cannot help myself from my new hobby. There are many great shows on television these days. There are also many shows that just need to go away. When I get hooked to a show, I’m pretty much dedicated to it till the very end of the season or series. I have recently gotten into some shows that have been on for a few years, some shows that have just started, so I decided to share some of my favorite shows that are airing these days. Some are comedy, some are action and suspense and some are great reality and educational. So sit back, be entertained and maybe be captivated and convinced to start watching these wonderful shows.
My Top Ten T.V. Shows
Entourage, Friends, and Home Improvement are just a few of the shows I use to love when they were still on the air. I love to catch some reruns of these shows. They still entertain me and still make me laugh. Now, I have had many shows occupying my time to where it is endless entertainment. I have made a top ten list of my favorite television shows.
10. Aerial America- This show comes on the Smithsonian channel. This is a great show for people who want to travel without ever leaving the comfort of their couch. This show takes an in-depth look at each of the fifty states of America, offering you a helicopter eyes view of the famous regions and historical parts of each state. I believe the show has been on for two seasons and have covered roughly twenty states so far. This is a great way to see the United States from a bird’s eye view. You get a great look at both manmade and natural settings that you could not get anywhere else.
9. Shameless- This show aired last year and stars William H. Macy and Emmy Rossum with a great supporting cast. Macy plays an alcoholic father who is never there for his family unless he needs something. Rossum, the oldest of kids acts as the mother of the household of kids. The show is edgy, yet has some moments of comedy. A great recipe for a great, yet different show, Shameless entertains audiences everywhere.
8. Stormchasers- Intense, suspenseful and it is a real. Have you ever wanted to chase a tornado? Well the Discovery Channel can make that dream come true. The reality thrill ride Stormchasers puts you into all the action and science of what it is like to hunt and chase tornados. A camera crew follows the dangerous paths of these daring teams that set out to chase tornados to get better readings and collect data on how tornados work so that they can create better warning systems.
7. The Big Bang Theory- Well, it took me a while to discover this show. I have heard many people talking about this show, and now the T.B.S. is playing reruns, I have now added this show to my favorite’s list. It is a smart, witty, and humorous show that portrays being a nerd is a pretty cool thing. Four geniuses and a hot blonde make up for a great and funny comedy that many people with enjoy. Plus, you may actually learn a few things as well.
6. Strikeback- Strikeback is a fairly new show on Cinemax that takes the whole James Bond scene to another level. British Intelligence for a mature audience. Action, sex, and a whole lot of things blowing up are a few things that make Strikeback a man’s perfect show. Some women might like this show as well. It’s a great spy show with a lot to offer. Great special effects for a television show. Strikeback is one show action junkies should check out.
5. American Horror Story- FX has done it again. I was a huge fan of Nip/Tuck, and now they have added another show to push the envelope once again. American Horror Story adds creepiness, with suspense and horror that make a show like nothing else on television. It is dark and daring, leaving audiences stunned after each episode. It has just finished up the first season, and I have a feeling we have yet to see the best of this show.
4. Off Limits- Every city has its dark past and it’s well kept secrets. Off Limits offers you a look at those behind the scenes look at what you may have never known was there? This show can be found on the Travel Channel. Host Don Wildman takes audiences to places no one can legally go, places and hidden pasts of cities that have secrets waiting to be revealed. Some history can be learned by watching this show. History, some people may never want to share.
3. Ghost Adventures- No camera crew, just three guys with a lot of technical equipment hunting and capturing paranormal activity across the world. I love paranormal shows, and anything to do with the paranormal. I have seen many different shows of paranormal investigations, but I have to say this is my favorite. The locations and evidence these guys find are amazing. Nothing like capturing on video or audio, the things that go bump in the night.
2. Rizzoli and Isles- Based of the best selling series by author Tess Gerritsen, Rizzoli and Isles offers suspense and mystery thanks to T.N.T. Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander bring these two characters to the television scene. I have read all but one book in the series, so to finally see these characters with faces makes the books more entertaining. The show is great entertainment with a few twists in every episode.
1. Dexter- I was introduced to the show Dexter about two years ago. I borrowed season’s one through four on DVD from a co-worker. I finished all four seasons in one week. I was hooked on this show after the first season. I mean who wouldn’t want to see a show where a serial killer cop hunts and kills bad guys to satisfy a guilty pleasure. Season six just recently finished and has left the Dexter community in awe. I would say that season four is still my favorite, but after this last season, season six, I cannot wait till next season. Michael C. Hall brings the character of Dexter to life that author Jeff Lindsay has portrayed in his novels. If you want a show that is dark, suspenseful and full of twists, then Dexter has you covered.
Another few shows that I tend to watch and are worth honorable mention are, The First 48, Eastbound and Down, Family Guy, The Walking Dead and The Office. I have found that lately television has become a lot more interesting and good.
Are any of these your favorite shows?
Well although some of those shows are still my favorites like Dexter and Shameless, some of these other shows I would not add anymore. I would add shows like Lost, Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones, West World, Vice and Daredevil. Television series are becoming more and more popular. Binge watching is becoming an addiction. I am guilty of it myself. There is truly nothing better than a great series.