- Entertainment and Media»
Male Korean Celebrities Diet Secret
Male Korean Celebrities Diet Secret
This is the next article that I've come up with after my previous article, "Female Korean Celebrities Diet Secret". Here, I'm going to show you a few of the male Korean celebrity’s diet trends and exercises that they went on which also show great results in weight loss. Warning: Some of these diet plans may not be healthy.
1. Bigbang's T.O.P
T.O.P has been known for his charisma on stage as a singer as well as his aura when he acts in movies. Before he debut as a singer, he was weighting more than 90kg. He manages to lose 20kg in 40 days.
- YG Entertainment's Yang Hyun Suk promised that if T.O.P were to lose weight, he would let him debut.
- As a result, T.O.P loses 20kg in just 40 days.
- T.O.P' former trainer reveal that T.O.P spend most of his time in the gym.
- He said, “He would not say anything, and just go straight to the gym to work out all day, go sleep for a bit, then make his way back to the gym,”
2. EXO's Xiumin
When Xiumin first debut as EXO in 2011, he was known for his chubby cheek thus nicknamed 'Baozi' by fans because his cheek looks like a bun. Xiumin went on an extreme diet which worries his fellow EXO members. His members said that, "Xiumin lost a lot of weight. The fans will be surprised if we revealed his weight. It doesn't even reach 60 kg (133 pounds).”
- When talked about how he gained a lot of muscles, he said, “It’s not that I'm gaining muscles, but the muscles are showing up because the fat is going away."
- When asked for dieting tips, Xiumin shared, “To be honest, I barely eat and rehearsing for the new song ' Growl' made me sweat a lot, so naturally I lost weight.”
3. 2AM's Changmin
Changmin has been receiving a lot of attention when he reveals his diet plans. He used to weigh around the range of 100kg but he mange to transform into a more masculine guy weighting 70kg through consistent dieting for 5 years. Here is his diet plan:
Morning: multi-vitamin, 1 mid-sized sweet potato, low-fat milk, 1 full egg, 2 egg whites
Lunch: 1 chicken breast, 1 mid-sized sweet potato, salad without dressing
Snack: 4 egg whites, 1/2 sweet potato
Dinner: 1 chicken breast OR 7 egg whites (when unbearably starving, add a salad)
After workout: 1/2 apple, 15 minutes later 1 scoop of protein
On other article that I've read, it said that Changmin stick to a relatively simple routine – eat 2 blocks of tofu and run six hours a day – and he lost 30kg (66.1lb) in just 6 weeks.
4. SUPER JUNIOR's Ryeowook
Ryeowook used to be quite chubby before his debut. He dreams to become a singer so he was willing to go through diet and workout until he became who he is now, a singer.
- In the past, Ryeowook went on a diet and he exercised a lot by doing 1000 skipping rope jumps daily.
- He also revealed that, “When I was dieting, I would set a picture of someone’s body that I wanted to have as my cellphone background. So I took a photo of Siwon’s body and set it as my background. When I would get hungry, I would look at the picture," he said and laughed.
5. MBLAQ's Seungho
Seungho also went on an extreme diet which causes a negative effect on him. He started to go on diet after being called 'shaved pig' by someone.
- He decreased his food portions while having a tight schedule with his member and he ended up fainting.
- He said, “In 2012, just before releasing ‘It’s War,’ I was called ‘shaved pig’ because I had gained 13 kilograms (~28 pounds) since debuting. In a hurry, I starved myself and even ended up fainting,”
6. BEAST's Yeoseob
Yeosob used to have adorable chubby cheek but to maintain his ideal body, he went through various diets. Unfortunately, nothing works on him.
- He then tried boxing to burn fats and shapes his muscles.
- On KBS2′s television show ‘Vitamin’, he said, “After considering a lot of different methods of dieting, I recently took up boxing. Now that I’m boxing, I feel like my body is becoming more toned, and I am naturally losing weight.”
Wheesung reveals his diet plan via Twitter that made him lost 7kg in just 3 weeks. The diet is called the 'Deadly Diet' which slowly becomes popular.
- Every day, he only eats smoked chicken breast and salad without dressing.
- When he felt hungry, he snacks on almond nuts instead of sugary foods.
- To maintain nutritional balance, he takes in vitamins.
- He also drinks twice the amount of water he usually drinks.
8. Seo In Guk
Seo In Guk's diet is revealed on SNS. He went on his diet and lost 15kg in 3 months.
- His daily calories intake is 1200kcal.
- In his diet, he does not take carbohydrate from rice.
- Instead, he eats almonds, chicken breast and boiled food.