Mariko Nakamura the Co-Captain of Girl Group Akb48 Team A
A few photos of Mariko Nakamura with other members
Who is Mariko Nakamura & How Did She Get into the Famous Girl Group AKB48?
Mariko Nakamura is a Japanese pop music singer associated with AKB48. She was a part of their Team B and she is also very young. In fact, she is only 3 and a half months older than Team member Haruka Shimazaki who was born in March 1994. Born on December 16, 1993, Mariko Nakamura is a native of Chiba, Japan. That area of Japan has given birth to such famous Japanese people as bikini model Risa Yoshiki or the ever so awesome Harumi Nemoto. Mariko at first auditioned to become a member for AKB48’s 6th generation but she did not pass the audition. She would later join the group as a 9th generation member and she got full time status on December 8, 2010. Mariko Nakamura is now the co-captain of AKB48’s Team A and Yui Yokoyama is now the captain of the team.
Mariko Nakamura's first big breakthrough as a member of AKB48
Mariko participated in the group’s A-side single called Eien Pressure. Eien Pressure is the 29th single released by AKB48 on December 5, 2012. She also has participated in even more of the group’s B-sides. Here is the list of those singles that she has sung in as a member of AKB48:
Some of the other singles that Mariko Nakamura has sang in for AKB48
- Ponytail to Shushu
- Chance no Junban
- Sakura no Ki ni Narou
- Give me Five!
- Manatsu no Sounds Good!
- Gingham Check
- So Long (Mayu Watanabe was named the center for this song).
- Sayonara Crawl (This is the group’s 31st single).
- Kibouteki Refrain (this song has A-side and B-side singles. They are: JunJun na Slave and Reborn.)
Other Photos of Mariko Nakamura
Mariko Nakamura and her appearance in variety shows
That is the list of some of the most famous AKB48 singles that Mariko has been involved in. Mariko has also been involved in the entertainment business briefly as an actress. She has been involved in a few variety shows such as AKBINGO!, Shukan AKB, Nemousu Terebi, Saturday Night Child Machine, and AKB No Anta Dare? Mariko Nakamura has not been ranked in any of the AKB48 General Elections thus far in her career.
Trivia and Interesting Facts about Mariko Nakamura
- Mariko likes to make impressions.
- She is known for being funny.
- She has aspirations of becoming like former AKB48 idol Mariko Shinoda.
- She takes care of the younger AKB48 members and it is for this reason that she has what is called a “mother” kind of personality.
- Her future ambition is to become an actress.
- Mariko’s favorite foods are clams, any kind of meat, and tuna.
- Her favorite sport is swimming.
- Mariko’s hobbies include reading, writing, and people watching.
Mariko Nakamura After Leaving AKB48
Note: Mariko Nakamura graduated from AKB48 at the end of March 2017. That’s not a surprising occurrence given the fact that these AKB48 girls graduate or “retire” from being an idol and focus on other aspects of the entertainment industry. Nakamura said that her next goal was to become a TV announcer for Sun Television with a one-year contract that was supposed to start in April 2017.
© 2016 Ara Vahanian