Meghan Markle Cradles Baby Bump Often: Expert Explains Why
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have been on a 16-day royal tour to four countries including Australia, Fiji, Tonga, and New Zealand. They are photographed everywhere they go. Many times they are photographed in several outfits on the same day.
In many of the pictures, the mother to be is seen cradling her growing baby bump. An expert explains what her gestures might mean.
Meghan Cradles Her Baby Bump
Kensington Palace announced the Duchess of Sussex's pregnancy just one week ago. The statement revealed that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will welcome their first child in the Spring of 2019.
Even though Meghan has a long way to go, her baby bump is growing. She has been photographed cradling her belly in lots of photos whether she was walking, sitting or standing still.
Body language expert Judi James tells Mirror Online that those gestures mean something for the expectant mother. So, what does all the cradling mean?
Explanation of Meghan's Repeated Cradling of Baby Bump
It is not unusual for a pregnant woman to touch or constantly cradle her baby bump. It might seem that Meghan is doing it often because we see so many photos of her in different outfits. Even so, when she does it, it means something.
From looking at the photos, watchers can see that even though she does it often, she does not always do it the same way. Sometimes Meghan uses her left hand to cradle her bump when she is walking with her husband. Other times, especially when she is standing alone, she cradles her stomach with both hands.
According to body language expert, the Duchess of Sussex cradles her baby bump as a gesture that reveals her impatience and readiness to have first child with Prince Harry.
That explanation seems to be true because since the royal couple became engaged, both Prince Harry and Meghan shared that they wanted to start a family right away. They got married on May 19, 2018. It is possible that the couple will be parents before or close to their first wedding anniversary. The baby could be born in March, April or May.
Other than Meghan's gestures indicating that she is being impatient and anxious to have a baby, they could also mean something else.
Other Reasons Meghan Cradles Her Baby Bump
Other than the main reason that Meghan cradles her belly bump so often, there are other reasons.
- Touching her stomach so often shows pride and affection for their unborn child.
- She touches her baby bump as a way of protecting the life that is growing inside her.
- She touches her body to assure herself that she is really expecting.
- Meghan is showcasing the gift that is growing inside her.
- Meghan's habit of touching her bump reveals a tender relationship she is already establishing with her unborn child.
- As strange as it might sound since Meghan and Prince Harry are people persons, she is shielding her baby as a way of privacy and to keep the unborn to themselves for the time being. This is also evident when she hides her stomach with a purse or whatever she is holding.
- When walking with Prince Harry and holding his hand, Meghan is linking the family together when she touches her stomach with the child inside.
- The gesture is a foreshadowing of Meghan's hands-on approach she will have as a new mother when her baby is born.
When the announcement was first made, it was hard to tell if the Duchess was pregnant even though she was past her first trimester at the time.
Since then, people have been able to see a growing baby bump in photos that are posted every day while she and Prince Harry are on their royal tour.
People are wondering why Meghan's baby bump looks bigger in the evening. They say it must be her evening wear. It was very noticeable when Meghan wore a blue Safiyaa Ginkgo cape dress and was photographed cradling her bump during a reception dinner hosted by the President of Fiji.
Doula Susannah Birch explained to Trimester Talk that a pregnant woman could have tired abdominal muscles in the evening that makes a baby bump poke out much further and appears to be larger than during the day.