Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar, From "19 Kids and Counting" 7 Basic Needs of A Husband and Wife
Duggars on Marriage Advice
If you have watched television in the past few years, you most likely have heard of the Duggar family. They are the family who have 19 children. Their reality show, "19 Kids and Counting", features Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar, with their 19 kids, their son-in-law Derick Dillard, daughter-in-law Anna Duggar, and their soon-to-be son-in-law Ben Seewald.
The Duggar's and their kid's spouses are fundamentalist Baptists. They do a lot of touring going to churches and seminars explaining how their family works. This information is taken from a seminar they gave at a church.
While I like the Duggars, I do not agree with everything they say, and sometimes only a little bit. This would be one of those where I agree with only part of they say. Before you read the next sentence, I do like them, and respect them. However, what personally bothered me the most is on the sheet that is located in the references of this article, is that in bold, underlined, and arrowed words: "All marriages are savable. Divorce is out of the option". Has she ever worked at, or even past a domestic violence shelter?
Sometimes, even Christian men change, and can become abusive towards his wife and child. A wife or husband could do horrible things to their child. People can change drastically after marriage. Sometimes, people who are even very strong in their faith, may loose it, then they may walk away. 1 Corrithians 7:15 says "But if the unbeliever leaves, let it be so. The brother or the sister is not bound in such circumstances; God has called us to live in peace."
This is the rest of what they believe are the basic needs of a husband and wife.
7 Needs of a Christian Wife:
1. A Christian wife needs the stability and direction of a husband who functions as the head spiritual leader of the family.
2. A Christian wife should know that she is meeting all the vital needs in her husband’s life and job which no other woman can meet; she's talking about being with him in the Biblical sense.
3. A Christian wife must see and hear that her husband loves and adores her, and that he is joyous and grateful for who she is as a person.
4. A Christian wife must know that her husband is diligently protecting her in areas in which she is weak.
5. A Christian wife must know that her husband is happily setting aside private time for intimate and loving conversations with her.
6. A Christian wife must know that her husband is conscience with her presence even when he is busy with other matters and responsibilities.
7. A Christian wife needs to believe that her husband is happily investing in her well-being so she can live a fulfilled and peaceful life.
7 Needs of a Husband:
1. A Christian wife should respects him as a man.
2. A Christian wife should accept her husband as a leader, and believes in the responsibilities and authority which God has given to him.
3. A Christian wife should continue to work on her beauty, both inward and outward beauty.
4. A Christian wife should lovingly and respectfully appeal to him when he is going past his limitations and needs wise counsel.
5. A Christian man and husband requires good quality time to be with himself and with the Lord.
6. A Christian wife needs to be grateful and thankful for all that her husband has done, and will do for her in the future.
7. A Christian husband needs a spouse who will be praised by other people for her character and her good works.