- Entertainment and Media»
The Best Miley Cyrus Impersonators Are Here!
Ten tips for doing a great Miley Cyrus impersonation!
Many people like to imitate or impersonate others. How many people have seen an Elvis Presley imitator? There must be thousands of Elvises running around, and some of them are actually pretty good. It’s a regular obsession!
Singer/actress Miley Cyrus certainly has her share of impersonators, of course. Below I’ve arranged a collection of videos showing Miley Cyrus impersonations. But please keep in mind I've only picked videos with good sound quality and visual clarity (I also left out the ones turned sideways!), and here are the best I could find.
But first, here are TEN TIPS for doing a great Miley Cyrus impersonation:
1. As much as possible, make sure you look like either Miley Cyrus or Hannah Montana, her old Disney character. Or, at the very least, start out brunette and then throw on a blonde wig. It should be obvious who you are from beginning to end.
2. Either pantomime one of Miley’s songs or actually sing it; don’t do a little bit of both. Really good impersonations are expressed consistently.
3. Don’t use any lewd or lascivious gestures - unless you’re doing a parody, then do what you want. These days, Miley's dancing isn't exactly prim and proper, so get campy if you want - as long as there aren't kids around. Miley's primary audience has grown with her.
4. If you're making a video, be certain the technical aspects of your show are presentable – use steady camera work and good sound quality, and make sure you have enough light so that people can actually see what the heck you’re doing.
5. Don’t chatter to yourself or someone else before you start performing, just get to it! Nowadays people get bored in a microsecond.
6. Vary your technique; don’t keep making the same gestures over and over again. Once you run out of ideas it’s time to end the performance. (Actually, Miley repeats her moves from time to time – BUT YOU CAN DO BETTER!)
7. As for imitating Miley’s talking voice, perhaps you’ve realized she sounds a lot like - ELVIS! Miley’s voice is a feminized approximation of Elvis’, particularly when she’s in her Southern accent mode. (Interestingly, Elvis is one of those “dead guys” Miley likes.)
8. Also, as Elvis liked to say, “Leave them wanting more.” That’s why he never gave encores. So keep your act short – about 45 seconds to a minute ought to be just right.
9. Because Miley likes to thrash her hair around, make sure you do the same. But don’t overdo it, unless you’re doing a parody. Then it better be obvious you’re doing a parody!
10. Maybe the best thing to do is watch Miley’s videos and DVDs of her performances, particularly the ones in her world tours of 2011 and 2014. Watch and practice, and I’m sure you’ll kick some serious tail eventually. And your video may end up in my collection. Who cares, right? Okay =]]]
Now please watch the impersonators below and then leave a comment.
Keep in mind, I'll continue adding more videos, so come again! At this point, I've found 43 that are good to very good. Enjoy!
We Can't Stop
Anna Kelly McKenzie
Skyler Alcala - Hoedown Throwdown
Party in the USA - Parody
Hair Thrashing Miley - Kathleen Monteleone
Half pint Miley Cyrus impersonator
Young "Lindsay" plays Miley
Miley leaves Twitter
I Can't Wait to See You Again - Parody
Tale of Two Mileys
Can't be Tamed
Miley Products Parody
Do My Thang Parody
Skyler rocks in this video!!!
Tag Team Mileys
Miley, Hannah Medley
Miley Cyrus spoof
Party in the U.S.A.
Who Owns My Heart - Parody
Anna Kelly McKenzie plays Hannah Montana
Skyler does "Can't Be Tamed"
Party in the U.S.A.
Can't Be Tamed - Parody
Check out these links to other Miley Cyrus stories . . .
- Autobiography of Miley Cyrus: I Didn't Think I Was Beautiful
Miley Cyrus certainly appears to have found the middle world between the sky and the earth a career as an entertainer as well as a warm family life. The daughter of country star Billy Ray Cyrus, whose...
- Miley Cyrus Advice, Comments and Jokes
In this article, the author gives Miley Cyrus advice on how to live her life and run her career. It also provides plenty of comments and funny photos.
© 2009 Kelley