Miranda Lambert - Random Fun Facts
What's not to love about Miranda Lambert?
Miranda Lambert hasn't allowed being a country music sensation to go to her head. She remains a humble, down to earth woman who wears her emotions on her sleeve. She tells it likes it is. Miranda is the real deal.
You would never guess that in 2007 she was known as country music's newest bad girl, which just might explain why I instantly became a fan. Miranda's first hit single, Kerosene, fired up the charts and the rest is history.
Miranda seems thankful for where her journey has led her. Heck, wouldn't you be? She has the looks, talent, personality and she is just so darn lovable!
Miranda is a pistol full of pep! She is a firecracker with a fuse that lights up on stage. Whether she is singing about cheating boyfriends or domestic abuse, she gets her point across to her listeners.
Miranda sings about revenge, lies and regrets...childhood memories and love. No matter what lyrics Miranda is entertaining her fans with, chances are...we are listening, learning and loving it.
She also believes that women have the power to run the world...isn't that reason enough to love Miranda Lambert?
Random Facts about Miranda Lambert
- Middle name is Leigh.
- Birthdate is November 10th, 1983.
- Born in Longview and raised in Lindale, Texas.
- Her family is of Irish and Indian descent.
- At age 17, she formed a band named "Texas Pride" which performed in the Dallas area.
- Parents are Private Investigators who took Miranda on a stake out when she was 3 years old. Dad, Rick is a country music guitarist.
- Has one sibling, a brother. Luke Lambert.
- Finished in third place on the 2003 season of Nashville Star, country musics version of American Idol which lasted for 6 seasons.
- Married to Blake Shelton since May 14th, 2011 and they served Venison to their guests, that they shot themselves. That's southern hospitality! Skin 'em and eat 'em.
- As a side project she is part of the country group Pistol Annies along with Ashley Monroe and Angaleena Presley and two albums were produced.
- Loves diamonds, horses and puppies!
- Starred in a 2001 teen comedy, Slap Her She's French.
Miranda Lambert - White Liar
More Random Facts about Miranda Lambert
- Has close to 4 million Twitter followers.
- About 8 million Facebook fans.
- Over 840,000 followers on Instagram.
- Over 40,000 followers on Pinterest.
- Owner of The Pink Pistol, which specialties include unique clothing and merchandise. Two locations, one in her hometown of Lindale, TX and also her current hometown of Tishomingo, OK.
- I'm assuming her favorite color might be pink. She does like her pink guitars.
- Asked her dad to teach her to play the guitar when she was 16 years old. Wrote her first song hours after learning to play a few chords.
- Miranda Lambert's height is 5'4 and hubby Blake Shelton is 6'5. That is quite a stretch, but I'm sure it's worth it.
- Appeared on an episode of Law & Order SVU as a rape victim.
- Is a fan of Beyonce's music.
- Miranda wore her mother's wedding dress when she became a Mrs.
- Does her own hair and makeup before she performs her shows.
- Loves Vintage anything!
- Enjoys drinking alcohol. Yet, has no sponsors! Go figure.
- As a teen had a gig on a potato chip commercial.
- Her first self-released CD in 2001, titled: Miranda Lambert, was funded by her father and landed two songs on the Texas music charts.
Miranda Lambert - Mama's Broken Heart
Even More Random Facts about Miranda Lambert
- Is the founder of Mutt Nation Foundation which helps homeless pups. Her mother, Bev is the co-founder. Donations are 100% tax deductible.
- At this time Miranda has six or seven rescue dogs. I can't keep up since she adds to her canine family frequently. Miranda has been rescuing dogs since she was a wee one.
- In 2014 unveiled her no-kill animal shelter, Redemption Ranch in Tishomingo, OK. There is no doubt that Miranda is a pup lover.
- Her range in Tishomingo is 750 acres. Blake's ranch is 1200 acres. The ranches are 10 miles apart. Miranda resides at Blake's place, but keeps her place for some chick time. (Genius idea!)
- Blake proposed marriage at the ranch. Awww!
- Miranda has five albums: Kerosene: 2005, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend: 2007, Revolution: 2009, Four The Record: 2011, Platinum: 2014 (Six albums if you include her self released CD, Miranda Lambert in 2001)
- Earned her first No. 1 album on Billboard 200 with Platinum in 2014.
- Is the 11th female country music artist to top the Billboard 200.
- Has four No. 1 hit singles: The House That Built Me, Heart Like Mine, Over You, We Were Us (Duet with Keith Urban)
- Had 5 singles in 4 years before having a top ten hit. Miranda is not only patient, but very dedicated to her craft!
- On April 19, 2015 was honored with an ACM Milestone Award. She also made the Guinness Book of World Records for most consecutive years as Female Vocalist of the Year. She also won her 6th ACM Female Vocalist of the year. Album of the Year with Platinum and Song of the Year with Automatic. Miranda Lambert had one heck of a night!
- Sadly, announced on July 20, 2015 that Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton are divorced. This grim news devastated many fans of both Blake and Miranda. I wish them both well in their next chapter.
Miranda Lambert Poll
Are you a fan of Miranda Lambert?
I had fun researching and collecting facts on Miranda Lambert. I hope you enjoyed learning something new. I have been a fan of Miranda's since her hit single, Kerosene.
There was something about this spunky blonde bombshell with the attitude that had this fan coming back for more.
I remember back in the day watching award shows and Miranda was overshadowed by other country music stars, I knew her day would come soon. And the day finally came in 2007 when Miranda won her first ACM award.
Since that initial win she has accumulated countless ACM's, CMA's, ACCA, CMT's and a Grammy! The nominations nods are also endless. The country music industry knows better than to mess with a bad girl like ML.
If you weren't a fan of Miranda's before, hopefully you are now!
Miranda Lambert - Fastest Girl In Town
Miranda Lambert Song Lyric Quotes
"Gotta keep it together even when you're falling apart"
"Cause I heard Jesus, he drank wine and I bet we'd get along just fine"
"He could calm a storm and heal the blind, I bet he'd understand a heart like mine"
"Go and fix your makeup girl. It's just a break up. Run and hide your crazy and start acting like a lady"
"I ain't the kind you take home to mama"
"I'm gonna show him what a little girl is made of, gunpowder and lead."
"If you don't jump you'll never know if you could fly"
Miranda Lambert - Automatic
Miranda Lambert - VICE
© 2015 Linda Bilyeu