Movie Review: Batman Vs Superman: Dawn of Justice
Director: Zack Snyder
Cast: Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot, Amy Adams, Jesse Eisenberg, Diane Lane.
Release date: 24 March, 2016.
Running Time: 151 minutes
Two things that you should never do before watching a movie: listen to the critics and watch the trailer. Critics know how to destroy a movie, and a movie trailer knows how to elevate even a B grade film.
Look at this movie, for instance. The critics called Batman Vs Superman as ‘bad’, ‘poor’ and ‘mostly negative’. In this case, if you are a superhero fan, are you going to listen to them and not watch it? I doubt you wouldn’t (watch it).
So here I am, with my untrained eye, to tell you what I think about the movie.
Did you watch the movie?
This is eighteen months after the Man of Steel movie when Superman had defeated General Zod. Instead of narrating the entire movie, let me highlight some specific parts so that you get a gist.
1. Clark Kent, the alter ego of Superman, has been following Batman’s questioning operations and seeks to stop him via articles in the Daily Planet.
2. Bruce Wayne (Batman) views Superman as a potential enemy to humanity. He steals the kryptonite from Lex Luthor’s lab, and makes his own kryptonite-tipped spear. (Very harmful for Superman)
3. Batman did not know Superman’s identity. But (I think) Superman did. Apparently Superman can hear every heart beat in the planet, so he probably knew which one belonged to Bruce Wayne.
4. Lex Luthor hates Superman because he is deemed to be God. According to Luthor, gods don’t exist.
5. They meet at Lex Luthor’s party. At one point of time, both Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne are staring at each other. Diana Prince, the alter ego of Wonder Woman, is also present in the party. The trinity is present in the same room – how the room did not go up in flames is a wonder.
6. Superman and Batman (in their respective costumes) have a small face-off before the final battle.
7. It takes so less to instigate Bruce Wayne to challenge Superman. All he needs are a bunch of red-painted hurtful words, and he goes crazy. (All carefully planned by Lex Luthor.)
8. Superman only accepts Batman’s challenge, because Lex Luthor had kidnapped his adoptive mother, Martha Kent, and the only way to save her was to bring back the Bat’s head.
9. First Superman is winning, then Batman, and again Superman, and finally Batman. Batman had cheated, just so you know.
10. When Batman comes very near with his fancy kryptonite tipped spear to eliminate Superman from the face of the earth, he coughs out a few words, ‘Save Martha’. Batman goes crazy again and demands who Martha is. Just then Lois Lane makes an entrance and tells him who Martha is. Batman’s mother was also named Martha. They become quick friends.
11. Superheroes always have to beat the shit out of each other before becoming friends or vice versa.
12. Another enemy looms in the vicinity, unleashed by Luthor, and the trinity must work together to stop him.
13. The OMG scene of the whole movie is Wonder Woman’s entrance.
The things going on in my mind when watching this movie:
1. Why was Ben Affleck chosen to be Batman?
2. Why is Batman upset with Superman in the beginning of the movie?
3. Henry Cavill looks awful in the superman costume.
4. Hey, I like Batman’s new house.
5. Wonder Woman is hot.
6. Is Batman going to date Wonder Woman? It would be weird because she is immortal and he is past his prime.
7. The PVR cold drink in seriously overpriced.
8. The batmobile is sleek.
9. None of Lex Luthor’s suits fit him well.
10. Alfred’s jokes are so funny.
11. You can’t become friends with your enemy just because his mum’s name is also similar to your mum’s name.
12. Superman can’t really die. We all know that.
You can’t cover an entire movie in 13 short points. But I have listed all the parts I thought was important (and remembered). All in all, whatever anyone says, it was amazing. Like, amazing in the sense that if you enjoy some hardcore action. My brother (a superhero nerd) tells me that they’ve kept most, if not all, of the details accurate. So the question is whether or not I would watch it again: I think most definitely I would. And if you’re smart enough, so would you.
Join our facebook community.
The Layman Site. 129 likes · 2 talking about this. The Layman Site takes you on a roller coaster ride of all the things you should know and the things...