Movie Review for Kung Fu Panda 3 ( 2016 movie )
Kung Fu Panda 3 Movie Review
Kung Fu Panda 3 Movie Review
Kung Fu Panda 3 Movie Review
Kung Fu Panda 3 is an animated movie. Kung Fu Panda 3 the movie has cute and skillful animation. Kung Fu Panda 3 is a nice movie for children and teaches various life lessons including:
- the importance of friendship
- the importance of self defense for the individual
- the importance of collaboration and teamwork for protecting and defending a community
- and the importance of having courage in treacherous situations.
The importance of friendship and community.
A Preeminent Lesson in Kung Fu Panda 3 the Movie is to Be Courageous
In difficult circumstances, be brave. Have courage.
Po the panda eats lots of dumplings
Kung Fu Panda 3
Kung Fu Panda 3 is a movie that stars:
- Jack Black as the voice actor for the voice of Po the Panda,
- Angelina Jolie as the voice actor for the voice of the tigress,
- and voice actors for the voices of many other characters in the movie.
Kung Fu Panda 3 is a movie that is enjoyable to watch.
In the movie, Kung Fu Panda 3, Po the panda is learning to be a teacher of Kung Fu and many are under his tutelage but they are making fun of him behind his back because they think that he is not a very good teacher. He becomes discouraged.
Also in Kung Fu Panda 3, a menacing and foreboding creature from the spirit world is trying to capture the chi of others and gain power over all.
He starts with the Jade palace and he later infiltrates a secret village of panda bears, wanting to get their chi also.
It is said that only a master of Chi will be able to defeat him.
Back when he is at the Jade Palace, Po is the only panda bear anywhere around but another panda bear rolls into town looking for his long lost son.
- Po the panda was raised by a goose (!), his adoptive parent.
- When Po meets the other panda bear, he sees that they have much in common but alas, he just tells the other panda bear that it was nice meeting him. He says “Good luck finding your son.”
- Onlookers that include some smaller animals are just looking up at the exchange of communication between the two pandas and basically thinking Are you serious?! because they can totally tell that the two pandas must be father and son.
- Eventually, the two pandas themselves realize that they are indeed father and son and they go about having great fun and bonding.
Good luck finding your son.— Po to his Dad when he didn't know that's his Dad!
Great fun and bonding between Po and his Dad.
Chi was said to be something that was learned and mastered in the ancient panda bear communities.
Po the panda’s father, who Po has just reunited with, claims to be able to teach him the secrets of Chi to become a master of Chi and says that do so, Po will have to take a journey with him to the secret panda village.
Po is very excited to take the journey and meet even more panda bears like him!
Po’s adoptive Dad, the goose sneaks along for the trip by hiding in one of the packed bags.
- The movie, Kung Fu Panda 3 is pretty jokey as once they arrive in the remote and hidden secret panda village, Po learns to “act like a panda” in behavior and habits such as
- Rolling instead of walking (down hills for example)
- Sleeping and napping for long hours
- Eating his dumplings a bunch at a time instead of just one at a time. (When chubby Po saw how the other panda bears eat their food, he would exclaim, “I knew I wasn’t eating up to my full potential!”
- Before following his father to the secret panda bear village, Po was staying in the area of the Jade Palace and helped to keep others safe. In his absence, the palace was attacked and destroyed by the menacing and scary creature from the spirit world. The creature then went in hot pursuit of the secret panda bear village as well.
- Po’s friend, the tigress had witnessed the destruction that the creature caused and went to the secret panda village to warn Po and the other pandas that the creature was now after them to capture their Chi.
Po learns to "act like a panda" in behavior and habits.
Lessons for Po on how to be a panda
Po is advised to roll down hills instead of walking, for example.
Confidence & courage in Kung Fu Panda 3 the movie
- Po tries to be confident that he could teach all of these other pandas the art of Kung Fu for self defense.
- Po begs his father to teach him to become a Master of Chi while there is still time, before it is too late.
- His father finally has to admit that he is not a Master of Chi. He does not know it. He lied to reunite with his son and bring him to the secret panda village.
- Po the panda is disturbed by having been lied to by his father and this creates a big rift with the father that he was just getting to know.
- An exasperated, frustrated and nervous Po begins to strategize about how to fight against the approaching monster and defeat it.
The tigress lets Po know that she has seen what the monster can do and it will take a whole lot more than what Po is planning on to be able to defeat it. Po had even mentioned a finger grip/ hold as if he had believed in its effectiveness.
The brave Po ends up building a self defending army out of all of the cute and courageous panda bears.
The back story of the ugly monstrosity of the green eyed monster with a face and head that resembles a yak with dreadlocks and a long tail is an interesting one about how a friend can turn into a foe namely because of jealousy.
This monster had once taken his injured friend, a turtle, to be healed by the ancient (Masters of Chi) pandas.
The turtle had great Chi and the monster then spent 500 years trying to capture and destroy everything that the turtle had contributed to building (such as the Jade palace).
When the monster attacks the Jade Palace, he also destroys a statue of the turtle.
As the huge scary monster approaches the secret panda village (seriously, really young kids might be very frightened to see this monster on the big movie screen).
Po the panda taunts the monster as he sees it approaching the secret panda village. Po taunts it and makes fun of it, then runs to start / orchestrate the counterattack....
Kung Fu Panda 3 is a good movie. It is funny at many comedic moments and it also has many lessons to teach including lessons about the importance of having courage.
Po tries to be confident that he can teach the other pandas the art of Kung Fu for self defense.
Kung Fu Panda 3 trailer
Kung Fu Panda 3 voice actors
Kung Fu Panda 3 the movie
© 2018 Nyesha Pagnou MPH