Movie Review: The Conjuring
A Very Scary Doll
The Cast and Crew of The Conjuring
Vera Farmiga as Lorraine Warren
Patrick Wilson as Ed Warren
Ron Livingston as Roger Perron
Lili Taylor as Carolyn Perron
Joey King as Christine Perron
Mackenzie Foy as Cindy Perron
Hayley McFarland as Nancy Perron
Shanley Caswell as Andrea Perron
Kyla Deaver as April Perron
Steve Coulter as Father Gordan
Shannon Kook as Drew
Director- James Wan
Producers- Tony DeRosa- Grund, Peter Safran, Rob Cowan
Based On The Warren Case Files
The Conjuring is based on the case files of Paranormal researchers Lorraine and Ed Warren. They have investigated thousands of claims of ghosts, demons and possession. According to Lorraine Warren, the events that led to the making of The Conjuring and Amittyville Horror are true. The Warrens checked the house and had a Priest bless it but, what occurred inside the house only seemed to get worse. Some of the items that the Warrens took from the Conjuring home including a haunted Raggedy Ann Doll is housed in a haunted museum that is located in Lorraine Warren's home. It is stored in a glass case and is never opened. A priest comes to bless the doll each month in order to keep the demon toy under control and just to be on the safe side.
* If you have seen The Conjuring then please leave your opinion of the film in the comments box located at the bottom of the page.
Films Based On The Warren Family Case Files
1. Amityville Horror (1979)
2. The Conjuring (2013)
3. The Haunting in Connecticut (2009)
4. The Haunted (1991)
The Conjuring is Based on True Events
Which is The Scariest?
Which is the scariest Horror movie?
Books about Ed and Lorraine Warren
Grading The Conjuring!
1. Fear Factor: This show gets it right. It has scary moments constantly and they are new and edgy. You never expect things as they happen. The show is based on people's worst fears. When the shadows of demons: A+
2. Acting: The actors in this film did a good job of making it believable. Vera Farmiga did a tsplendid job as Lorraine Warren. She stood right. Grade: B+
3. Sound Effects: The sound effects in this horror film are disturbing indeed. They fit in perfectly at just the right moments. Very scary sounds throughout the film and very intense in setting up scary moments.Grade: A
4. Musical Score: The music did not play a major role in this movie but some of the soundtrack songs are classics and I enjoyed them. Grade: B
5. Story Line: The story is based on Demonology experts who have investigated hundreds of haunted places but this one takes the cake. An evil spirit enters a doll and torments the family. Grade-A
6. Demon/Doll: The original doll was actually a Raggedy Ann doll. The doll that was used in the movie is very scary and it is a major part of the movie's plot. The dead girl has great make up effects and will make you shake with fear, when you see her. Grade: A
The Conjuring Trailer
Ten Scary Horror Movies
The Devil's Rejects
Exorcism of Emily Rose
The Last Exorcism
The Haunting in Connecticut
The Amittyville Horror
Haunts in The Conjuring
1. Annabelle: Haunted Raggedy Ann Doll.
2. Dead Witch: Woman who hung herself from a tree comes back from the dead.
3. Haunted Music Box: When the music stops playing a demon appears behind you in the mini mirror inside the box.
4. Dead Child: A young boy who died at the residence comes back from the dead to haunt the family.
Watch Out Behind You!
Box Office Draw?
Opening Weekend- The film did 41.5 million in sales during it's opening weekend.
Two Week Total- The first two weeks at the theaters the movie grossed over 140 million across the globe.
Sequel Anyone?- Further proof of the film's success is the fact that a sequel is already in the works.
An Exorcism Attempt
Movie Review Hubs
- Movie Review of Pulp Fiction
John Travolta, Bruce Willis and Samuel Jackson star in this gangster film called Pulp Fiction. Pictures, commentary, videos and other facts and information are listed in this film review.
- Movie Review of Cape Fear
Robert De Niro plays as lunatic Max Cady in the thriller called, "Cape Fear". Pictures, videos, a poll and commentary are listed in this movie review. The film received an Academy award nomination.
- Movie Review of Man on Fire
This movie review focuses on Man on Fire which stars Denzel Washington, Christopher Walken and Dakota Fanning. Pictures, videos and commentary are also featured in this blog.
- Movie Review of Sling Blade
Billy Bob Thornton and the late John Ritter star in Sling Blade. This movie blog has pictures, videos and commentary on the subject of this film. Also, this hub details the summary of the movie.
- Movie Review of Scarface
This article is a review of the Al Pacino movie Scarface. Pictures, you tube videos, maps, polls and commentary are listed in this blog. Also, facts and other information about this film are here.
When I went to see this film at the theaters people were yelling, screaming and jumping in fear the entire time. It was the first time that I ever attended a movie in which 30 percent of the movie goers were standing in the aisles near the walls scared to take a seat. After The Conjuring ended and we were leaving the theater people were talking aloud about how spooky the film was. I heard people talk about films like The Devil Inside for example but they were not hiding in their seats like they were during this horror flick. Several people were standing by the walls and near the exit doors and I'll admit I jumped a few times especially with it being dark in the theater.
* Please feel free to share your views on The Conjuring and Paranormal events in general by leaving your opinions in the comments capsule located at the bottom of this article.
The Haunted Music Box
1. The film runs for 112 total minutes.
2. The Conjuring is rated R.
3. The music was composed by Joseph Bishara.
4. Warner Brothers released The Conjuring.
5. The movie was released in the United States and Canada on July 19, 2013.
6. The movie was released in the U.K. and India on August 2, 2013.
7. The writers were Chad and Carey Hayes.
8. New Line Cinema was the studio for the movie.
9. The budget for The Conjuring was 20 million.
© 2013 Buster Johnson