- Entertainment and Media»
- Movies & Movie Reviews
Movie Review on Left Behind series: Christian books and movies you'll never forget
We're all doubting Thomases.
Even the so-called Christian preachers still have doubts regarding the veracity of the Holy Bible, written through the apostles that served the Son of God (Jesus Christ) when He dwelt among our ancestors thousand years ago.
Thomas, the Apostle, was one of the twelve apostles of Jesus who's famous for questioning His resurrection (John 20:28).
Until now, people around the world have doubts on the truthfulness of the Bible on their hands.
People cling to vices (drugs, alcohol), crimes and unwanted things and do their own way, leaving them blinded with hopelessness and apathy.
Now, that the 'End Times' has been the subject of many priests, pastors and religious teachers, two individuals were inspired to interpret in fiction the possible outcome of the apocalypse as foretold in the Book of Revelation.
With the doubts in our minds, you and me and those who are reading my hub can now research on book series titled Left Behind and also watch the movies based from it.
It is very inspiring and upfront and people of the world can relate on the real facts based from the passages and verses from the Bible.
"Left Behind" series are created by the authors Tim LaHaye and writer Jerry B. Jenkins, biblical scholars and historians personified.
These two persons are inspired to impart what they've learned after years of practicing and sharing those important messages we used to ignore and purposely neglected for hundreds of years.
It's time to know the real score regarding our faith.
I watched three DVDs of Left Behind series. My mind was awakened as the main cast played their roles that are paralleled to our lives.
The reality of the Left Behind movies will never be ignored.
It will help seal our destiny, the right path that we must choose to have an eternal life with God Almighty.
All about Left Behind books and movies
Main Cast of Left Behind for movie adaptation
I'm sure you're familiar with some of the Hollywood mainstream actors whose Christian upbringing led to them being included as the main protagonists of the movie version of Left Behind.
- Kirk Cameron -plays the lead as GNN (Global News Network) news reporter, Buck Williams. He's trying o uncover the truth about the mass disappearances (The Rapture) of many people around the world. He is known as the actor in Growing Pains opposite his true-to-life wife, Chelsea Noble, who's also in the movie.
- Brad Johnson - as Captain Rayford Steele, who also witnessed the sudden disappearances of several passengers. When he came home, he also found out that his wife and son were also missing. He joins forces with his feisty 20-year old daughter Chloe to find his lost family. He's also known for his role as a pilot in Flight of the Intruder-directed by Steven Spielberg.
- Chelsea Noble - the real wife of Kirk whom he married during their Growing Pains days. She is Hattie Durham, a flight attendant in the movie; old acquaintance of Rayford. She was lured into the tricky web of deception being spun by the Antichrist.
- Clarence Gilyard - as Pastor Bruce Barnes, who was stunned to be left behind by his churchgoers during the Rapture. He is known as the sidekick of action star Chuck Norris in Walker, Texas Ranger and also had roles in Die Hard with Bruce Willis, among others.
- Janaya Stevens - a Canadian actress, acts as Chloe, the 20-year old daughter of airline pilot Rayford Steele. She serves as nurse-medic in the movie. She did roles in Th Relic Hunter, youth movies-The Skulls and Manchester Prep.
- Gordon Currie - plays as Romanian UN envoy, Nicolae Carpathia-later to be known as the Antichrist in the movie. He's some sort of a chameleon, playing diverse roles in his past movies.
Meanwhile, part of the Cloud 10 Pictures and Namesake Entertainment are the following people who made the production of the movie in Canada possible.
- Peter and Paul Lalonde - executive producers, the Canadian version of Coen brothers.
- John Goodman - co-producer
- Vic Sarin - the director of the first installment of the Left Behind movies,one of Canada's most distinguished director.
- George Tim - Director of Photography
- Ralph Winter - movie producer, known for his works in X-Men, Mighty Joe Young, Star Trek movies, Flight of the Intruder, to mention a few.
Left Behind-the movie: The Real Messiah c/o MrMusicman1971
Left Behind movies I've seen already
- Left Behind: The Movie - the first in the series. It opens in Jerusalem, wherein Buck Williams interviews a Israeli scientist who's happy to be sharing what their government had done to overcome food shortage. Until, bomber jets and planes literally darkened the afternoon sky and started the unprecedented attack on the Holy Land. They took refuge at the nearest shelter which happened to be a military underground base. Buck braved the bombing and reported the scene live at the GNN. Then, a bearded old man suddenly appeared and predicted a seven period of darkness of the Tribulation. Then, an airplane scene saw pilot Rayford Steele and flight attendant Hattie Durham, calming the passengers as some of them suddenly disappeared. Even, Pastor Bruce Barnes was astonished when all his churchgoers suddenly vanished during his sermon at the pulpit. Because of The Rapture or mass disappearances around the world, especially all the children, every country clinged to the help of UN (United Nations) headed by UN envoy Nicolae Carpathia who will be indwelled by the Devil himself and become the Antichrist in the story. He will create a One World Religion, One World Government which will give false hope to all the people of the world.
- Left Behind: TheTribulation Force - Because of The Rapture, the world is in chaos. According to Buck Williams, as he reported it on the opening scene of the movie, "People are still struggling to come to terms on the realities of what is happening." Before he ended his report, he added, " My friends, I can only sit here before you now and tell you that for the first time in my career, I honestly don't know what to say and even where to begin. I can only ask each one of you to be strong." Tribulation Force will be formed, composed of Buck, Rayford, Chloe and Bruce. The force of Nicolae will increase as the world will cling and believe in his leadership. But Buck and Rayford will brave the guards at the Wailing Walls in Jerusalem and a rabbi will publicly admit that the real Messiah is no other than Jesus Christ.
- Left Behind: World at War - The opening scene will see the US president at his Oval office, Gerald Fitzhugh (played by veteran actor Lou Gosett, Jr. known for his role in Am Officer and a Gentleman and also the Iron Eagle series), recording regarding his view about the World War III. The role of Pastor Bruce Barnes is played by another actor, since Clarence Gilyard was not available during the filming. The AntiChrist, Nicolae Carpathia will unleash a pestilence, through chemical warfare, that the US president discovered to be incorporated in the Holy Bible. Even Chloe was infected and Pastor Bruce died. The Tribulation force discovered that the antidote to anthrax is red wine (in the story). President Fitzhugh's life was converted into Christianity before his climax act in the story, activating a missile transponder direct to the headquarter of the Antichrist.
I haven't spilled all the beans here. You have to see it by yourself and be renewed as Christian.
The only way to defeat temptations, hate and sexual decays and other sins is to accept Christ in our lives.
Believe me, we will all be inspired by these movies to be righteous.
Left Behind ~ Trailer c/o Cloud10Entertainment
More Reviews on Left Behind
- Signs of End Times
http://prophecystudy.com/ Mind-boggling events have occurred for the past months. Natural and man-made disasters alternately confused and displaced people around the world. Many were weakened by such events and more and more are saying that these...
- A SYNOPSIS OF THE LEFT BEHIND SERIES
A SYNOPSIS OF THE LEFT BEHIND SERIES This article will be a synopsis of the “Left Behind” series by the authors Tim LaHaye and writer Jerry B. Jenkins. Before going on, here is some background information on both Tim LaHaye and Jerry...
- Left Behind - Book Series
add → text, photo, video, link, rss, comment, poll, ebay, amazon, code, table, quiz, map photo help * delete * up * down * float right * full width * discard changes * edit Capsule Subtitle: Don't display this capsule: Display style View original siz