Daytime & Nighttime TV. Series
A Three Generation Tradition: Watching "Days of Our Lives".
Background Music for Daytime & Nighttime Drama.
I grew up watching the Cast of "Days Of Our Lives" come and go.
"Like sands though an hourglass, so are the Days of Our Lives."
From one series to another.
I enjoyed watching Gilmore Girls with my daughter which came out in 2000 and lasted until May, 2007. A big part of why I appreciated this movie was because of the chemistry between the lead actresses, Lauren Graham whom portrayed,
with her daughter,
When I noticed that Lauren Graham was playing a large part in the show Parenthood, as Sarah Braverman; she was the one that drew me in before the first episode started. Timing was not right for me when it first aired in 2010 and the last one in 5015. I have had the chance to watch one episode after another to catch up on these episodes and becoming part of this family as a distant ghost.
I am from a large family so relating to this "Parenthood" family was easy. Family members tend to talk at the same time, communicating tends to raise voices and everyday life can be hectic causing quality time to seem impossible.
This show has reminded me of how lucky I am to have been raised as a member in a large family, where crises arise and we all come together. During good times we give our thumbs - up approval. Where the support can sometimes appear when we feel we don't need it but is wonderful when we allow the pride to step aside.
While talking about these episodes to some of my own family members, one of my adult nieces, which is married to one of my nephews said, " I just love THEIR family."
I said, "I do too but I have also heard from several people over the past years say, they wish they were part of OUR family and some that have been in our family say, they miss being part of our family."
I remember growing up watching the Waltons and relating to their family during the time my Grandfather and Grandma were alive. Now I would say, Parenthood is my modern day Waltons.
I hope Parenthood continues sharing their journey. I'm not ready to be divorced from this deep emotional and realistic family.
"Gilmore Girls," contributed to my relationship with my daughter.
Bonding Time Good & Bad
Gilmore Girls, bonded my relationship with my daughter because we could relate to their family life as a (mother- daughter / single - parent) but the older my daughter became and the more challenging our lives were, I believe my daughter's point of view of me was that I wasn't holding up to her fantasy of me being more like, Lorelia Gilmore, which in turn developed a strain in our lives.
Through our course in life and the paths my daughter and I have taken, our bond is as strong, if not stronger.
One lesson learned: when disappearing from ones life and hiding in the story of someone else's, remember to be yourself and not to compare others.
Movies that take longer than one night to tell.
The following is a list of some television series from the past.
* I have watched one or less episodes.
- CSI * CSI: Miami * CSI: NY * NCIS
- Mentalist * Criminal Minds * Grimm * The Stalker
- Without a Trace * State of Affairs * Madam Secretary * The Tudors
- Sopranos * The Blacklist * Scandal * Revenge
- Angel * Bones * Bachelorette
- The West Wing * House * Shameless
- The Good Wife * Desperate Housewives * Army Wives
- Sex in the City * Felicity * Chuck
- The Bachelor * Deadliest Catch
- Star Trek * The Wire * Mad Men
- Brothers & Sisters * One Tree Hill
- Lost * Prison Break * Fargo
- Game of Thrones * Gotham * Scorpion
I have watched two or more of the following episodes.
- Weeds ** Breaking Bad
- 24 **House of Cards **Damage
- 7th Heaven ** Friends
- Little House on the Prairie ** The Waltons
- Dawson’s Creek ** Gilmore Girl
- Beverly Hills 90210 (original) ** Melrose Place ** Dynasty
- Dallas ** Knots Landing ** Falcon Crest
- Highway to Heaven ** Medium ** Monk
- Roswell ** Smallville
- Dr. Quinn ** Medicine Woman
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer ** Veronica Mars
- The X-Files ** Psych
- Ghost Whisperer ** Charmed
- JAG ** Grey’s Anatomy,
- The Andy Griffith Show ** Under the Dome ** Leverage
- I haven't had a chance to watch the following or maybe they don't appeal to me:
- Orange is the New Black ^ Brotherhood ^ Numb3r
- Downtown Abbey ^ Cedar Cove ^ Glee
- The Walking Dead ^ Sons Of Anarchy
- Duck Dynasty ^ NYPD Blue ^ True Blue
"Breaking Bad" is a night - time series.
Watching weekly episodes of movies controlled by the television stations forces one to control their one night weekly entertainment. Individual households with Netflix, their own video gift box series or other networks pass the control on to the consumer of (when, where and how often) they devote their time, which can be a bit addictive. I can't imagine that I'm the only one in this world that has sat on the couch and watched a whole episode in one day or night after night until the final episode ends.
By Popular Demand
Which television drama is your favorite?
Actors / Actresses that started out in Soap Operas.
- 10 Actors Who Started on Soaps
10 Actors Who Started on Soaps
- Celebrities Who Started in Daytime Soaps | List of Famous People on Soap Operas
This is a list of celebrities who started in daytime soap operas. Several Hollywood actors and actresses launched their careers on popular soaps. Television opened the do...
"Parenthood" is more than from the views of Parents.
Cinema Slackers have joined the YouTube series network.
This is their first year and as of Friday, November 13th, 2015, they will be presenting the sixth episode. The episodes started out as a small project and have developed into more of an awareness to persuade the movie industry to continue to make movies in Wilmington, North Carolina, even though they lost their tax break. North Carolina isn't the first state to be deprived of a tax benefit involving the movie industry. I remember when Iowa lost theirs due to other reasons.
Grant it, Cinema Slackers has a few slow moving episodes but over all they have some pretty creative ones. If you haven't seen them yet, go to YouTube and type in Cinema Slackers or click on the link below to catch up on what you've missed. So far my favorite one has been the Halloween episode.