- Entertainment and Media»
Muscle Shoals Al Musicians
The purpose of this hub is to give my readers some information about Muscle Shoals,Ala & the quality of musicians who live in the shoals area (or have in the past) or have recorded in Muscle Shoals. Al. 7/22/2011
Many major label bands that have recorded in Muscle Shoals
- The Rolling Stones
- Bob Segar
- Percy Sledge
- The Drive By Truckers
- Mac Davis
- Dobie Grey
- George Jones
- The Drifters
- Aretha Franklin
- Jason Isbell & The 400 unit
- Wilson Pickett
- Jerry Lee Lewis
- The Staple SIngers
- Paul Simon
- Black Foot
- Lynryd Skynyrd
- Rod Stewart
- Art Garfunkel
- Cat Stevens
- Waylon Jennings
- Otis Redding
- Travis Wammack
The people are in no particular order, some I know personally and are great friends, some I have played shows with but all of them are talented and worth taking the time to read about.
If there name is blue and underlined I have included a link to their Facebook page or personal website so you can add them as a friend and see where they are playing or network with them.
- Bryan is a great entertainer & singer
- He does a first class tribute to Elvis show
- He also does 2-3 acoustic & piano type shows,typically with Donnie Holden on guitar and whoever else is lucky enough to perform with them.
- For more info on Bryan check out his website by clicking here
- Wayne is my all time favorite singer ever, I met him around 1990 when he was the lead singer of The Chaney Gang & playing at the old PJ's club in Muscle Shoals.
- Wayne used to let me sit in with his band & sing a song or two.
- Wayne has worked with artists including Little Richard and was a member of the band FCC.
- He is still performing locally and does Karaoke a few nights a week.
Jeremy "JT" Young
- Jeremy is a great friend of mine,we have played in cover bands together,he now is living in TN. and is happily married raising 2 kids.
- I met Jeremy years ago when he was playing with Bobby Hood - R.I.P.
- Jeremy is a singer-songwriter-guitarist-drummer-studio engineer-studio owner
- I'm am hoping to record at JTs studio in the near future.
- I met Eric at a funeral of a friend of both of ours Corey Rodgers - R.I.P
- Eric is a singer-songwriter - guitarist & drummer.
- He plays every Sat Night at Oasis Lounge in Littleville Ala with his band Brand-X
- He also plays at JD's Bar & Grill on Thursday nights with Chad Nelson
- His nickname is ICON and he has took some money from me playing Texas Hold Em
- Jimmy is a guitarist & bassist
- He is a funny,talented person who has a great personality and is easy going, I don't get to see him much anymore, but I try to catch his show whenever possible.
- Jimmy is in the band MP4 & they are playing this Friday night at O'malley's in Littleville,Ala
- Jimmy has several more shows booked during Handy Fest so add him for more info.
Tim & me have played together in cover bands
Tim is a good friend & sings & plays guitar.
But he is known for his pocket drumming.
He is steady as a rock on the drums.
- Lee is a pianist & guitarist & singer & songwriter
- I have played shows with Lee with several different bands.
- Lee is a intelligent,hilarious and knows how to get a party started.
- He is also a website designer - he did Bryan Muse's website
- He is also a studio quality keyboard or pianist
Maxwell D Russell
- I met Max years ago when he had a music store in Sheffield Ala.
- I sold him some black velvet painting I wish I had back,anyway
- Max is a guitarist-singer who loves the blues
- He also plays a mean slide guitar
- He has a son, Kirk Russell who is also a amazing musician.
Jessie Lee Ogletree
I met Jessie when I was playing in Bryan Muse's Elvis Tribute Band.
We usually opened the show, before ELVIS
She has a great voice and does a great job singing harmony.
She is also a recording artist who has a CD.
Anna Kathryn Lewis
- I met Anna when I was asked to judge a singing contest. at Mug.com
- Anna was awesome that night & the crowd favorite.
- She has an amazing voice & is a DJ at Sundance
- One thing is certain about her she has a bright future ahead of her in music.
Muscle Shoals Bands you must see.
As you all should now see Muscle Shoals has some of the best local musicians anywhere in the world.
I think the majority of the people who live around the shoals don't really know how lucky they are to live in an area where you can go any night of the week and see some quality music.
Thanks you all for visiting my hub.
If you want a free page like this click here
God - Bless - Us - All