- Entertainment and Media
Music – Healing and Soothing the Soul
Can you imagine a world without music? I think it would be dull and leave a large hole. We’d probably have a feeling that something was missing. Like most people, I enjoy music and here are some things I have discovered about it.
- It uplifts the spirit – can put you in happy or lighter mood immediately.
- Music can heal – It's used as an effective therapy making a connection with people whose brains have shut down. Click on the link to find out --> How music can heal.
- It get's rid of boredom. Example listening to music while on a long flight or on the train and it makes it a pleasant journey too.
- Music brings back memories that can either make you smile or a bit teary. It’s strange how you hear a song and it brings back memories of a relationship or makes your remember a certain person / situation. “Dance with my Father Again” – Luther Vandross always makes me miss my Dad and recall lots of memories.
Mariah “Through the Rain”
"I can make it through the rain, I can stand up once again
On my own and I know that I'm strong enough to mend
and everytime I feel afraid, I hold tighter to my faith
and live one more day and I make though the rain".
- Music can be good exercise. Dancing can definitely shift a few pounds.
- It can help you see the other side of people. Example, at Christmas parties – particularly all the Big Bosses in companies and you think to yourself “well. I never knew the CEO could really boogie.” It’s nice to see them let their hair down.
- Music can inspire – some lyrics are so touching. One of my favourites would be Mariah Carey (I can make it through the rain) or Lee Anne Womack (I hope you dance). Phil Perry (In the Morning – Father’s Lullaby)
Phil Perry “In the morning”
"Without a warning, life lets a storm in, don’t be afraid, you’d be okay in the morning."
"You should have no doubt, How things will work out, your present flight, you’ll be alright in the morning."
I enjoy all sorts of music – except for the head banging rock ones.
Instrumental - Driving to work most days, I play Kenny G (instrumental Sax) it keeps me calm and stops me from getting angry with people who trafficate....after they have made a turning!
African Music – definitely at weekends. It’s very happy music and sort of wakes you up. This motivates me to do the housework at weekends, sort of puts me on "fast forward."
The Oldies – Lionel Richie, Luther Vandross, The Carpenters. My mum liked the Carpenters and played it a lot. I sang along with the lyrics on the cover and before my Teens could sing most of the songs on my own.
Bollywood Music – I have the music from the movie Fanaa and others on my mobile. It’s funny that I can sing along as I’ve listened to them several times but, I don’t know what I’m saying (except for the fact that it’s a love song and sounds nice).
Xtian Worship Music
Xtian music – I like listening to in the mornings when I’m getting ready. The Integrity Collection is really nice. Don Moen is one of my favourites.
Upbeat (RnB) – If I have my friends kids for the day. I play music they can dance to or sing along to if they are in the car.
So what does music do for you? Does it inspire you? Make you happy? Make you feel on top of the world? or do you actually like composing yours?
Let me know your thoughts. Thanks for reading.
- My Top 10 Dancers
I love dancing and also enjoy watching Musical Artists captivate their audiences with mesmerising dance moves. Here are my Top Ten Dancers.