Open Letter to Blake Shelton - Country Music Star
Country Music Star Blake Shelton
Howdy Blake! Congratulations on being the winning coach for three seasons of The Voice! Here we are in season 5 and I'm rooting for you to win once again.
Also congratulations on your 2012 CMA Entertainer of the Year award! Also kudos on your 2013 CMA awards! I love when you and your wife, Miranda Lambert win matching awards such as Male Vocalist and Female Vocalist. You are just a jack of most trades.
The camaraderie between the four vocal coaches of The Voice is priceless! Personally I prefer having Usher and Shakira as coaches. Nothing against CeeLo and Christina, but the chemistry is much more entertaining with Usher and Shakira.
You rock the coach role! Not that you are a stranger to being a judge since you had a previous gig as a judge on the now cancelled Nashville_Star.
You began singing at age 12 and won your first award at age 16. The Denbo Diamond Award in your home state of Oklahoma.
Way to go BS! What a successful career you have achieved since you released your first hit "Austin" in 2001.
Blake Tollison Shelton aka BS!
Blake Shelton Number One Singles
Your career has become phenomenal.
Blake Shelton broke a record for consecutive No. 1's with his hit songs.Way to go BS.
I'm a fan of ALL of your number one hits!
- The Baby
- Some Beach
- She Wouldn't Be Gone
- Hillbilly Bone
- All About Tonight
- Who Are You When I'm Not Looking
- Honey Bee
- God Gave Me You
- Drink On It
- Sure Be Cool If You Did
- Boys Round Here
- Mine Would Be You
- My Eyes
- Doin' What She Likes
- Neon Light
Number one hits!
As of November 2014 ... 18 of BS's songs are number one hits!
Kudos to you cowboy!
It took you ten years, but I'm sure it was well worth the wait.
It's better to take things slowly, haste makes waste.
Vocal Coach on The Voice - Blake Shelton
I'd also like to add that I'm a huge fan of your song "Kiss My Country Ass!" That twangy tune was quite a hit and should have also reached number one. It didn't, but it was a number one hit to me! It's one of my favorite songs to play musical chairs to! One is never too old to play musical chairs. You and Miranda should try it at your next party!
Speaking of your new bride Miranda Lambert. I was very excited for the both of you when you finally tied the knot. I'm hoping the second time is a charm for you. Your first wedding only lasted three years, does that really count? I loved the fact that you wore jeans and boots and Miranda wore her mother's wedding dress. I also thought it was sweet that you asked for her father's blessing. I'm sure you were hooting and hollering when he gave you his OK! Were you sweating out his answer? Probably not!
Your wedding weekend was also my daughter's wedding weekend! My daughter was married on May 13, 2011 the day before yours and Miranda's! I really wanted an invite to your wedding. 550 guests? What was one more guest? I could have caught the red-eye from Orlando once my daughter's reception was over and I could have made it in time to your wedding in Oklahoma. Oh well you can't blame a girl for trying. Next time you have a party consider inviting Sunshine, she knows how to get the party started. Hello??? Musical chairs!
I know you and Miranda are sharpshooters and big fans of hunting. I'm not. Just be careful out there in those darn woods! I'm sure your wedding guests truly enjoyed the venison that you both provided for their meal.
You have quite a following on Twitter. How could you not? Your tweets are sarcastic, witty, funny, rude, crude, and awesome! You started the saying "I balls you!" That has become the BS motto! Way to go Blake. You have toned down your twitterverse activity a bit which is understandable since you are a very busy married man. Soon you and Adam Levine will be tweeting for The Voice! Bring it BS and AL!
Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert
I would like to offer my condolences on the recent loss of your father. Your pain and anguish was obvious to your fans. You aren't a stranger to loss since your older brother also passed away. In 2001 a young man of twenty-four died in a car accident. You were just a young teenager and had to deal with your grief. I also lost a brother at age 16, I understand your pain. We learn that life goes on. We will always carry their memories in our heart.
You sang the theme song for the remake of Footloose! Outstanding video performance. The movie did okay, but come on it's a remake! Hollywood must know by now that they can't mess with perfection. Just leave it alone. Can you pass that word on to them for me? Thanks!
Congratulations on winning Male Vocalist of the year in 2011. You also won Favorite Country Male Artist. Now, how cool is that? You are going places and that's not BS! Atta boy to you! Keep on doing what you are doing because it seems to be working for you. Feel free to post a comment to your many fans in the section below. I would appreciate hearing from you! "I balls you" Blake Shelton! Now how about a follow? @sunshine625
P.S. "I balls you" = I <3 U the characters in Twitter which mean I Heart U or I Love U
Blake Shelton - My Eyes
10 Things You Didn't Know about Blake Shelton via Taste of Country...
10. Blake once had a pet turkey, that he named Turkey. (Clever name!)
9. He was invited to join the Grand Ole Opry via Twitter. He gladly accepted with a Retweet. (I'm not surprised, since BS is a Twitter King)
8.His favorite engagement gifts were a flask and shotgun. (I bet Miranda loves those gifts too!)
7. His biggest pet peeves are under-dressed people and bare feet. (Two of my favorite things...being bare foot wearing shorts and a tank!)
6. He believes he has one of the crappiest tattoos in the world. (I'm sure there are many more bad tats out there BS.)
5. A fan once gave him an iguana as a gift and "scared the crap out of him." (Ewwww!)
4. He continues to defend the mullet he rocked in the 90's. (Just as long as you never sport the 'do again, we'll forgive him.)
3. His mother was more excited than he was, when he was named one of the sexiest men alive via People magazine. (Mama Shelton earned the right to be proud.)
2. Even though he is coach of The Voice, he used to detest reality shows. (I agree)
1. Blake used to be a pageant child. (Awwww, must have been one cute kid.)
Sadly on July 20, 2015 it was announced that Blake and Miranda were divorcing after 4 years of marriage and 10 years together.
Miranda Lambert - Over You (Written by Blake and Miranda for Blake's brother)
Are you a fan of BS?
Additional Fan Letters by Sunshine...
- Brad Paisley: Fan Letter
A fan letter dedicated to Brad Paisley...Country Music Superstar!
- Brantley Gilbert - Fan Letter
Brantley Gilbert is a multi-talented songwriter, musician and country music singer.
- Keith Urban: Fan Letter
I compiled the Top Ten hit songs of Keith Urban and created a fan letter to him. Also included are a list of KU's #1 singles! Videos and the Ellen Degeneres commercial starring KU!
Kiss My Country Ass
Blake Shelton's Hilarious Tweets on Twitter
- I'm so drunk right now that I walked in to a Vegas hotel and shouted, "Y'all look like hookers so who wants the job?"
- Ha! Ha! I'm driving and tweeting!!! I'm driving and twe
- Tweet to Miranda: I just read in the tabloid that our marriage is falling apart! Oh no! Can't wait to read if we make it or not!
- Chew tobacco...chew tobacco...chew tobacco...spit. Bitch!
- I'm so famous my porch light comes on as I approach it just because it knows I love the spotlight.. Bitch...
- Starting a new saying today... "Floatin' The Turd"..
© 2012 Linda Bilyeu