- Entertainment and Media»
- Photos & Videos
My JellyFish Experience-- A Photo Gallery
Monterey Bay Aquarium opened its Jellyfish Experience at the end of March 2012, and we were fortunate to be there when it opened. Even though the existing jellyfish experience is impressive enough, these photos are from the new Jellyfish Experience.
What is so amazing about the Jellyfish Experience is seeing the different types. I have never seen a blue/purple jellyfish. Also, the glow in the dark jellyfish are pretty interesting. They swim so gracefully in the water but look like aliens. There is lab attached to the exhibit where marine biologist prepare the jellyfish and study them. Visitors can view baby jellyfish in a portable aquarium kept near the lab window.
Jellyfish are marine invertebrates that look like the cap of a mushroom with tentacles. A group of jellyfish is a smack. A large swarm is called a bloom. Jellyfish have two stages: (1) stationary and (2) they are typically known for, mobile with tentacles, known as medusan stage. They are known for stinging and injecting toxins.
If you have a chance to see the jellyfish exhibit, I highly recommend it.
- Hunting Sea Glass Is A Fun And Cheap Activity for All Family Members
- Ketone Found in Coconut Oil Improves Brain Disorders From Alzheimer's and Dementia to Autis
- Do You Know The Meaning of "Shakabuku," A Basic Buddhist Word Commonly Used In Soc
- Top 10 Things To Do At The Monterey Bay Aquarium and Photo Gallery
- Make A Fortune Teller--A Fun and Cheap Activity for Children
- How Do You Know When You Are Wasting Your Time With A Focus Group