Open Letter to Carrie Underwood - Country Music Star
Fan letter to Carrie Underwood
Howdy Carrie, First off I want to say that your role in the Sound of Music Live on NBC was outstanding! I am 50 years old and I never watched the original movie, even though my mother pleaded with me to sit down long enough to view it. What can I say, I was a hyper kid. I am still hyper as an adult, but I finally saw the Sound of Music, thanks to you! Bravo!
You first came into the spotlight on American Idol in 2005. You were a shy, insecure yet obviously talented girl from Oklahoma! I must confess I was rooting for Bo Bice. I was impressed with the way you looked up to Bo and how he looked after you. When you were announced the winner, your expression was priceless! I could tell you thought Bo was going to be the reigning champ.
Most viewers did, but as we all know everything happens for a reason. Since then you have blossomed into a sensational superstar, with a spectacular set of pipes! No matter what song you are singing your fans feel it, that must be a surreal feeling for you.
I hope married life is treating you well.
I bet you never imagined that you would meet your husband Mike Fisher at one of your concerts?
Life does work in mysterious ways, for sure!
You received some disliked publicity when Mike left the Ottawa Senators hockey team to play for the Nashville Predators.
I never blamed you, but Canadians did! It was Mike's choice, he preferred to be closer to his wife then traveling from Nashville to Ottawa, Canada.
That's all water under the bridge now. Hopefully.
Mama's Song Memories....
I'm very thankful for your tune "Mama's Song." Your song came along at the perfect time for me. My youngest daughter was getting married and mama was happy for Michelle yet still concerned for her well-being. This beautiful ballad that you dedicated to your mother after your marriage to Mike gave me the strength I needed to give my daughter her wings. Each time I heard it on the radio I would text my daughter "Mama's Song!" She enjoyed the texts in the beginning, BUT wow this song had a LOT of airtime which meant a LOT of texts! Michelle and I danced to this song at her wedding. It was a magnificent mother-daughter moment with lots of tears from onlookers.
Carrie has 'tude!
"Undo it" is another favorite song of mine. Your attitude is inspiring! I'm a fan of the Carrie Strut (my name for your attitude walk). I've practiced it many times, I just haven't mastered it yet. I'm not one for walking in heels due to ending up on my butt BUT you got the strut down! This might explain why in 2007 Victorias Secret named you the sexiest female musician! Work it girl!
Faith Hill vs Carrie Underwood
You probably would rather forget about the infamous incident with Faith Hill in 2006. Actually Faith would rather forget it ever happened. But it did and it was too funny! Personally I don't think Faith was that upset when you were chosen over her as Female Vocalist of the year BUT this video is awesome! Faith is the only one who knows what exactly happened.There is no comparison between you and Faith. This video and that moment are just a part of music history.
Did you ever wonder where you would be if it wasn't for American Idol? You obviously deserved the honor of winning.
Keep on entertaining me and I'll keep listening! Carry on Carrie!
Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood.... Remind Me
Carried Underwood 17 #1's
1. Carrie loves scary movies...the more blood and gore the better.
2. She had a small role in the movie Soul Surfer and played a Christian Counselor (she did great)!
3. Recently starred in the TV drama Blue Bloods and sang a duet "It Had To Be You" with Tony Bennet!
4. Grew up on a farm in Oklahoma with her parents and two older sisters.
5. At age 13 she became a vegetarian.
6. Is the World's Sexiest Vegetarian according to PETA.
7. Was a Miss NSU Runner Up (Northwestern State University) where she graduated magna cum laude in 2006 with a bachelor's degree in mass communication.
8. Will co-host the CMA Awards on November 9th alongside Brad Paisley for the 4th time.
9. Last name is legally Fisher. Professional name will remain Underwood.
10. Carrie and Mike had planned on building a home in Ottawa but that didn't work out.
11. She would want Reese Witherspoon to play her in a movie about her life, if that should ever happen.
12. Birthdate: March 10, 1983
13. In 2008 she toured with Keith Urban! (Lucky girl)!
14. Was inducted into the Grand Ole Opry in 2008.
15. Has won MANY Grammy, Billboard and American Music Awards!
16. She was the first female to win the Academy Of Country Music Entertainer Of The Year back to back.
17. Has 13 number one hits and she co-wrote 8 of them.
18. She's ranked number 50 on the Artists Of The Decade list by Billboard.
19. After graduating from high school she gave up on her dream of singing!! :)
20. Performed a rendition of "How Great Thou Art" with Vince Gill. The video of the performance turned into a viral hit reaching 3 million views on YouTube within two days.
21. "The best American Idol of all time" - Randy Jackson of American Idol
22. Height: only 5'3 ... keep working those stilettos girl!
23. Made her television debut in the TV show "How I Met Your Mother"
24. Carrie has made her mark in country music history.
25. Her 4 studio albums all peaked at #1 on the US Country charts
26. When Carrie Underwood won American Idol she was offered a personal jet plane. Carrie refused the gift since she had no money at that time to pay the taxes for it and for it's upkeep.
27. On "Labor" Day, Carrie announced she's going to be a mom! A clever day to announce her pregnancy.
List of Carrie's Number One Hits!
Listed below are the number one hits of Carrie Underwood.
Carrie continues to blow us away with each new tune she delivers.
1. Jesus Take The Wheel
2. Before He Cheats
4. So Small
5. All American Girl
6. Last Name
7. Just A Dream
8. Cowboy Casanova
9. Temporary Home
10. Undo It
11. Inside Your Heaven
12. Remind Me with Brad Paisley
13. Good Girl
14. Two Black Cadillacs
Don't mess with this chick!!!
How Great Thou Art with Vince Gill
CMA 2011 Introducing the Tim McGraw and Faith Hill dolls
© 2011 Linda Bilyeu