Taylor Swift - Random Fun Facts
Dear Taylor Swift...
I've been intending to create a tribute to Taylor Swift for quite some time. But Taylor has been so busy and keeping up with her busy schedule hasn't been easy.
In the past few years Taylor's life has become a world wind phenomenon! I can't even imagine what goes through her mind when she arises each morning. Darn good thing Taylor is young and energetic to keep up with her dream coming true.
Does all the fame continue to seem surreal to her? I'm sure it does, but she is having a blast which is a great eye opener.
Taylor's parents believed in her gift and because of their parental intuition her dreams have become a reality. They also raised a young girl who matured into a young woman who uses her voices to help make a difference.
Congratulations to Taylor for all she has accomplished at her young age. She is a humble, down to earth kind of woman who many young girls look up to. Hopefully she will continue to set a good example and not follow in the footsteps of other pop stars who took the wrong path.
I hope you keep on doing what you are doing because it seems to be working.
The first song that I heard of Taylor's was Tim McGraw back in 2006, which also happened to be her first hit.
I thought who is this girl singing about my favorite country music artist?
I did my research and discovered it was Taylor Alison Swift a 16 year old girl from Reading, PA. I then became her fan.
I hope I do justice Taylor justice with my tribute. She has given so much of herself to pleasing her fans that the least I could is give something back to her.
Within my family, your admiring fans span three generations. From my granddaughters, to my daughters to myself. We love listening, singing and dancing along to Tay-Tay's tunes. From ages 2-51 ... there is not a song we do not like!
I often suggest to my granddaughter that I think Taylor would make an amazing babysitter...she agrees. So, Taylor if you have any free time we would appreciate having you babysit my grandkids...I'll gladly reimburse you for your time.
Thanks for the entertainment T-Swizzle. Wishing you many more years of success.
Taylor Swift - Tim McGraw
Number One Hits!
- Our Song
- Should've Said No
- Love Story
- You Belong With Me
- Sparks Fly
- We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
- Shake It Off
- Blank Space
Random facts about Taylor Swift
- Has over 46 million followers on Twitter - @taylorswift13 is her handle.
- In 2009 she guest starred in, one of my favorite shows: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation and was superb even though she claims she was petrified!
- Was named Pop Music's finest songwriter via the NY Times.
- Her third album Speak Now sold over one million copies in the first week.
- Taylor Swift's album 1989, went platinum the first week of it's release. It was also the first CD of 2014 to go platinum and most likely will be the only one since the year is almost over.
- Has written every song she performs on her albums.
- Taylor has written over 100 songs and she's not stopping any time soon.
- In 2012 she starred in Maxim's Hot 100 List at #26.
- Co-starred in the movie Valentine's Day in 2010.
- Portrayed Audrey in the 2012 Dr Suess movie The Lorax.
- Named after singer-songwriter-guitarist James Taylor.
- Was raised on a Christmas tree farm and her job was to remove the praying mantis pods from the trees before they were sold or else....
- Was born on December 13, 1989.
- Is currently working on a new album for release in the fall of 2012.
- Her self-titled album produced 5 top ten singles. She wrote the songs during her freshman year of high school.
- The Swift family moved to Nashville when Taylor was 14 so that she could pursue her career.
- In Jan. 2012 she purchased a mansion for her parents for $1.4 million. Four months later she decided it wasn't enough so she bought them another mansion for $2.5 million.
- Supposedly has a pond built into the living room of her home, in which she was supposed to place Koi fish. (I tried to find a photo, but couldn't.)
- Younger brother Austin is a freelance photographer and snaps photos for his superstar big sister!
- It took Taylor three attempts to get her drivers license at age 15.
- Her grandma was an opera singer.
- Her love interest in the song Tim McGraw was a boy named Johnny.
- Taught herself how to play the guitar after a computer repairman taught her three chords.
No matter what happens in life, be good to people. Being good to people is a wonderful legacy to leave behind.
Everyone I know has had fair warning! I've always written about who's spending time with me, so if they get into any kind of a relationship with me, they know what they're getting into.
I'm intimidated by the fear of being average.
There is a strength in letting bygones be bygones. It was therapeutic to write and perform. Sometimes it's best not to say anything. I just save it for the music.
More random facts about Taylor Swift...
- Leann Rimes was her main influence in country music
- TS recorded a karaoke demo after watching Faith Hill on Behind The Music and in 2011 said that she considers Faith her favorite person in Nashville
- Youngest person to win CMA Entertainer Of The Year
- Has dated Joe Jonas, John Mayer, Taylor Lautner and Jake Gyllenhaal
- First song she ever wrote is Lucky You around age 12
- Wrote her hit song Love Story in 20 minutes on her bedroom floor
- Her song Mean in intended for a critic who said she sang off-key during a performance with Stevie Nicks
- Her Speak Now tour sold out concerts in 19 countries!
- She was homeschooled in the back seat of a car
- Is a philanthropist and helps raise money for clean water, cancer, tornado victims and literacy just to name a few.
- Youngest winner to ever receive a Grammy for Album Of The Year
- As of now she has sold over 22 million albums and 51.1 digital tracks!
- Considered one of the best selling artist of all times.
- Her height is 5'11
- Favorite comfort food: Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal (also is Rob Pattinson's fav)
- Poptarts are another favorite comfort food.
- Favorite TV Show: CSI
- Hidden Talent: Antique shopping and decorating friends apartments when they aren't home.
- Taylor's dad carries around a pocketful of her guitar pics and after announcing he's Taylor Swift's dad, he gives one away.
Yet more random facts about Taylor Swift...
- Is the most popular guest on The Ellen Show...as of October 27, 2014 she has appeared on Ellen 13 times.
- Has four studio albums: Self-titled (2006), Fearless (2009), Speak Now (2010) and Red (2012) 1989 (2014)
- Has two EP albums: Sound Of The Season Taylor Swift Collection (Target Exclusive 2007), Beautiful Eyes (Walmart Exclusive 2008),
- Has won 6 Grammy Awards, 7 CMA Awards, 6 ACM Awards, 13 BMI Awards and 10 AMA Awards.
- Has endorsements with Target, Covergirl, Elizabeth Arden, Walmart and American Greetings.
- Her fragrances are Wonderstruck and Taylor.
- Sold out a four night concert run at the LA Staples Center and surprised the fans with guest appearances such as Ellen and Justin Bieber!
- She is a member of the Big Machine Record Label. As of 5/21/12 Tim McGraw has become her label mate once he signed on with them.
- Was the opening act for Tim Mcgraw and Faith Hill, George Strait, Brad Paisley, and Rascal Flatts.
- Taylor has 71 million fans on her Facebook page.
- She has over 9 million fans on her Official Taylor Swift YouTube channel.
- In 2012 she's listed as #11 in the Forbes Most Powerful Celebrity List ($57 Million) beating out Donald Trump who is #14.
- She had three albums in a row that each sold 5 million copies. Other musicians who have done this are the Beatles and Michael Jackson.
- Kanye West interrupted her during her acceptance speech at the 2009 VMA Awards and put TS in the spotlight.
- Was selected as Billboard's Woman Of The Year for 2012 and celebrated with her friends and family by feasting on sushi.
- What brings a smile to Taylor's face: Cats. She has one cat names Olivia Benson, after her favorite Law and Order character.
- Is a fan of the number 13. During award shows she is usually sitting in the 13th seat, the 13th row or in the row M, which is the 13th letter of the alphabet. I'm guessing Taylor is not superstitious.
- Was honored with the Pinnacle Award at the CMA's in 2013. The only other artist to receive the Pinnacle Award was Garth Brooks.
- Taylor Swift officially went Pop with the release of her song Shake It Off. Most people already thought Taylor was Pop to begin with even thought country music fans embraced her music.
- Once again, she re-enters the Billboard Top, this time at #1 for her song Shake It Off which has gone double platinum as of October 2014.
- On April 19, 2015 Taylor was honored with an ACM Milestone Award presented to her by her mother at the AT&T Stadium in Texas.
Taylor Swift Wonderstruck Perfume
This completes my tribute to Taylor Swift.
If while reading this: You caught something I missed...
Such as more random facts or a fact that you the reader or Taylor herself, thinks should be corrected please let me know.
Taylor Swift has been a busy lady and this tribute was a bit overwhelming at times, but I pulled it off!
Keep on writing TS and we'll keep on listening!
Taylor Swift: Cool Music Video Collection
Taylor Swift - Shake It Off (Official Video)
Taylor Swift in Wall Street Journal
- For Taylor Swift, the Future of Music Is a Love Story - WSJ
The singer and songwriter says artists will still form deep bonds with fans, but the way they do it will change.
© 2012 Linda Bilyeu