Nanase Nishino Former Member of Girl Group Nogizaka46
A Look at Nanase Nishino
Who Is Nanase Nishino?
For those of you that are now familiar with the girl group Nogizaka46, one of its members Nanase Nishino has graduated from the group as of February 24, 2019. But who really is she and why is she significant?
Interesting Facts about Nanase Nishino
- Her audition song was Yui Aragaki’s song Akai Ito.
- Nishino is said to have exceptional drawing skills and she created “Doiya-san” an original character.
- Her favorite foods include pasta, udon, yakisoba and mentaiko.
- She is said to be close friends with Rina Ikoma and Kazumi Takayama.
- Riko Takayama of idol group NMB48 is her cousin.
- Nanase has said that she would like to study abroad in France and Italy.
- Her future ambition is to be a nurse.
- She has poor eyesight and requires the use of contact lenses.
- She has a shy personality and ends up crying easily.
- She attempts to sit in the back seat of cars to protect herself from the sun’s rays.
- She took part in the event called Japan Expo in Paris, France on July 4, 2014.
- She graduated from Nogizaka46 on December 31, 2018 after her final appearance at the Kohaku Uta Gassen or red and white singing contest.
Nanase Nishino's Early Career: Debut, Fashion Modeling Work & Photo Books
Nishino’s career in Nogizaka46 dates back to 2011 when she successfully was chosen as one of 36 girls for the group’s 1st generation of members. She was also chosen as one of the select members for the group’s first single called Guru Guru Curtain. Nishino has also worked as a fashion model. On November 8, 2012 she made her modeling debut walking on the runway at GirlsAward Autumn/Winter with Mai Shiraishi who is also a member of Nogizaka46. With the song Kizuitara Kataomoi, Nishino was chosen as a center for the first time in April 2014. And as is usually the custom or tradition of these Japanese idols releasing photo books, Nishino released her first solo photo book called Fudangi or Everyday Clothes in English. This photo book sold extremely well, selling 36,000 copies in a single week! This put that photo book at #1 on the Oricon weekly sales chart in the photo book category. She became the 2nd Nogizaka46 member to release a photo book after Mai Shiraishi. After her graduation concert, Nishino opened up an account on Instagram.
Nanase Nishino's Further Musical Sucess & Modeling Work
However, it would not end for Nishino on Nogizaka46’s 8th single as she was chosen as center again for their 11th single called Inochi wa Utsukushii released on March 18, 2015. Another modeling appearance happened for Nishino who was chosen as an exclusive model for the fashion magazine called non-no for their July 2015 issue. It would only get even better for Nishino who was chosen for the lead role in Nogizaka46’s TV sports drama called Hatsumori Bemars! Shiraishi and Nishino would then be chosen as double center for the group’s 13th single called Ima, Hanashita Dareka Ga Iru.
Nanase Nishino in Morocco
2 Reasons Why Nanase Nishino is Significant
As to the reasons why Nanase Nishino is significant, if you are selected as one of the select members for a group that was just formed back in 2011 and you are featured on that group’s first single, you have to have some very special qualities in you in order to make that happen. And being on the runway of a modeling competition at age 17 mans that you are very exclusive!
© 2019 Ara Vahanian