- Entertainment and Media»
Natasha Yi: Korean Import Model
Natasha Yi's Quick Bio
Who is Natasha Yi?
- Name: Natasha Yi
- Ethnicity: Korean
- Profession: Model and Actress
- Birthdate: March 25, 1979
- Birthplace: Boston, Massachusetts
- Height: 5'5"
- Weight: 110 lbs
- Measurements: 34C/24/34
- Astro sign: Aries
How Natasha Yi Got Into the Biz
She was discovered her senior year living in Denver, Colorado, while munching on some french fries at McDonalds. The scout was a playboy scout and asked Natasha to go an audition. She went and was shocked when asked to remove her clothes for the poses. I guess having grown up in a conservative Korean household, there were no Playboy magazines around. She actually says she had no idea Playboy featured nude women. She became shy and left the shoot. Playboy was persistent and asked her to come back just to observe a shoot with playboy bigshot photographer Bo Hitchcock. Natasha went to the shoot and liked the "Playboy's Natural Beauties" theme and appreciated Bo's professionalism and ended up posing. This was the start of Natasha's amazing career.
Natasha Yi's Acting & Modeling Career
This Korean actress and model has had an amazing career in Hollywood, which is a tough place to get a break for many aspiring Asian actresses. (Asian actresses just aren't in demand!)
Natasha Yi's Films
Rush Hour 2, The Scorpion King, Cradle 2 the Grave, The Rundown, Hellride, Thunder Over Reno, On a Dark and Stormy Night, Rules of Engagement, Speed-Dating
Natasha Yi's Modeling
She has modeled for Sony, Toyota, McDonalds, SBC, Nokia, Bud Light, Target, Timberland, Regis Hair Salons, Pepsi, Marriott Hotels and more.
Natasha Yi's Magazines
FHM, Maxim, Playboy, Vanity Fair, Men's Health, The New York Post, Steppin Out, Import Tuner and many other mainstream publications.
Go To Natasha's Website!
Why I Love Natasha Yi
Besides the fact that she's gorgeous I do respect her as a woman and as an entertainer:
* She grew up in a somewhat conservative Korean household like myself and still pursued her dreams. (Not so conservative!)
* She was the first ever Asian American to be a "Barker Beauty" on the show The Price is Right. Who ever said Asian women can't present showcases?
* She's been in music videos for Panic at the Disco and Janelle Monae. (I adore Janelle Monae!)
* She has her own custom motorcycle.
* She is a character in videogames such as SRS.
* She has her own comic series based upon her life as a model.
Wanna Be an Import Model?
- How to Become an Import Model
I get asked quite often by young and older women, "How do I become an Import Model?" Although I'm not an import model myself, I've done some extensive research into the import modeling world and some of my...