One Direction -From Humble Beginnings To Globe-Trotting Superstars
These five young men are making big waves in Pop and Fashion
A Brief Introduction to the Guys of One Direction
One Direction is a super-band that has rocketed past all others in the world of pop to become a record-breaking force that has only the sky as its limit. The five young men that comprise this gathering of talent, listed alphabetically and not according to cuteness or preference, are Harry Styles, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson, Niall Horan, and Zayn Mailk. Each has a wonderful story of humble beginnings and a fast rise to stardom, proving with each new album and personal achievement that they have what it takes to be the Princes of Pop. The future has nothing but promising possibilities to offer this collaboration of musically and choreographically gifted individuals, and will prove as much in an upcoming 2014 tour.
Harry Styles of One Direction
Facts about Harry
- Styles claims as his influences Elvis Presley and the Beatles, and Kings of Leon, Coldplay, and Foster the People as his contemporary musical mentors.
- In high school Harry helped form a band called White Eskimo, alongside Haydn Morris, Nick Clough, and Will Sweeny.
- The band competed in a Battle-of-the-Band competition and won the coveted first place on one occasion.
Before the Band: Harry Styles
Born Harry Edward Styles in Cheshire, England, on February 1, 1994, has led a somewhat formidable childhood. At the age of seven his parents, mother Anne Cox and father Des Styles, filed for divorce and moved Harry and his sister Gemma from Holmes Chapel to the Cheshire countryside. Before the One Direction star went to the fated X-Factor competition at the age of sixteen he worked for a baker back in his hometown of Holmes Chapel.
Liam Payne of One DIrection
Facts about Liam
- Liam Payne first tried out for the show X-Factor when he was only fourteen but Simon Cowell send the young man home, urging him to come back when he was older.
- Two years later, after performing for a football audience of more than 26,000 fans, Payne returned to X-Factor and blew the judges away, none more so than Cowell himself.
Before the Band: Liam Payne
Liam was born in the Wolverhampton neighborhood of West Midlands, England on August 29, 1993. Owing to the fact that he was a premature birth to his parents Karen and Geoff Payne, he suffered greatly as a child due to scarred and malfunctioning kidneys. While still very young, Liam underwent up to thirty-two daily injections that were intended to relieve his pain, though rarely effective. At the age of twelve, Payne enrolled in boxing lessons in order to fight back against some bullying that he was the victim of.
Great Copy of Little Things
A Candid Louis Tomlinson Photo
Facts about Danny
- Played Danny Zuko, the lead role in Grease at Hall Cross
- Tomlinson was inspired by Grease performances to take the X-Factor auditions.
- His influences include Robbie Williams and Ed Sheenan, the latter he describes as being of extraordinary character.
Before the Band: Louis Tomlinson
Band-mate Louis Tomlinson was actually named Louis Troy Austin when he was born in Doncaster, England on December 24, 1991. Young Louis took on the name of his step-father Mark Tomlinson after his parents split up and went on to appear in the role of extra in the show Fat Friends, in which two of his half-sisters has roles as babies. After acting instruction, Louis played small roles on two British dramas, while squeezing in jobs at a cinema and waiting tables at the sports boxes in a football stadium.
Learn to wait tables like Louis Tomlinson!!
- Make Extra Cash- Learn To Serve!!
Learn to be a phenomenal server and make a lot of cash by following these 7 easy steps. I will briefly guide you through a complete table service that almost anyone can do.
Ask the Reader
Who is your favorite?
One Direction Broke Chart Records in Ireland and the UK with This Hit Song.
Record Breaking Sales Prove Super-Group is Only Going in One Direction
Up All Night
Take Me Home
Niall Horan of One DIrection
Facts about Niall
- A huge admirer of swing dancing
- Horan was a supporting actor for Lloyd
- He has been playing the guitar since he was a child, he considers himself an avid enthusiast.
- He particularly appreciates the old crooning of Sinatra and the Rat Pack, but singling out Michael Buble as the contemporary favorite.
Before the Band: Niall Horan
Born on September 13, 1993, Niall James Horan grew up in a former sheep-town, Mullingar, Ireland, now a major distributor of pewterware. After a bitter divorce and a custodial tug of war by his parents over himself and his older brother, Greg, they eventually ended up with their father, Bobby Horan. Niall sang choir in the Christmas performance at the Christian Brother’s School, Colaiste Mhuire.
Zayn Malik of One DIrection
Facts about Zayn
- In August of 2013, Zayn got engaged to singer Perrie Edwards whom he had been dating since the beginning of April, 2012.
- He is a big fan of Bruo Mars, wishing to one day collaborate with the pop/R&B star.
- He grew up loving hip-hop and R&B, always looking for an adventure.
- It was his spirit of exploration that led to his audition to X-Factor.
Before the Band: Zayn Malik
Zayn Malik, born Zain Javadd Malik on January 12, 1993 in Bradford, England, grew up the object of ridicule. Driven from two schools as a youth due to social incompatibility, he focused on his appearance and natural impulses to sing and dance, as if he knew to groom himself for a life in the spotlight. In a true ‘darned if you do, and darned if you don’t’ situation, the half Pakistani, half British/Irish mixture was shunned by Islamic leaders on Twitter for not being a better Muslim, meanwhile being accused of trying to convert American youths to Islam by his proclamation of faith.
Ask the Reader
The next album, Midnight Memories, is released on 11/25/13. Will the sales ultimately be better than the other albums, or will they sell less?
Their Journey and the Future
These gentlemenshare many common these from childhood such as divorce and social awkwardness and despite these challenges and obstacles, or as a result of them, they combined forces under fearless leadership of Simon Cowell to become the pop powerhouse One Direction.
The last three years have been a whirlwind of success for these young stars thanks to the release of two albums “Up All Night” and “Take Me Home”, followed by each album’s successive tours, all of which were hugely profitable.
In addition to the enormous pressure that comes with super-stardom like tours, signings, appearance requests, social media, and an attempted personal life, extreme fan-worship creates a demand for pictures, videos, news of personal nature, and anything else remotely relating to the band members. The band does not get a lot of privacy do to the omni-presence of the media.
These young men are actively employed in the business that is the One Direction band. Thanks to two tours and albums, special sessions, merchandising and endorsements, these guys are raking in the dough while managing to live fairly responsible lives according to the standards of super stars.
In 2013, on the 25th of November, the album “Midnight Memories” is released followed by the upcoming Where Are We tour in 2014, to support this and the other albums. The future seems to hold as much promise for the members of the Mighty One Direction as the present has shown them. As long as they do their thing, all the worthy and loyal fans out there, in the tradition of rock and roll, keep buying their music and they will continue to rock you. The guys need their fans more than anything else!
- Skinny Jeans and the Modern Man
Skinny jeans have met with a lot of resistance. What will be its fate??
- Luxury Watches for Dummies: Features of a Watch
Men wear few accessories by choice. We don’t match earrings to purse to bracelets to shoes. We just don’t, and we’re proud of it. A luxury watch, however, is our exception to that rule.
© 2013 S.P. Kelly