Penny from The Big Bang Theory: Kaley Cuoco facts and pictures!
Penny from The Big Bang Theory – What is the real name of that hot girl? If you have any friends who fans of the geeky TV show The Big Bang Theory, you may have heard this question more than once. Penny is Kaley Cuoco, a 26 year old American actress who has captivated the show's audience with her charm, hotness and her not-so-intelligent personality. Here is a short biography of Kaley Cuoco, aka Penny in The Big Bang Theory, some interesting facts and her onscreen and off-screen pictures.
Who is the real Kaley Cuoco?
Born on 30th November 1985, Kaley Cuoco is an American actress popularly known for her roles in the TV shows 8 Simple Rules and The Big Bang Theory.
She has been on TV since the tender age of 6, doing commercials including some for Barbie dolls. Kaley Cuoco's first movie was when she was only 7, called Quicksand: No Escape. Kaley got engaged to Josh Resnik in October 2011.
Interesting facts about Kaley Cuoco
Does Penny have a life outside The Big Bang Theory? Of course she does! Let's take a look at what the actress has done with her off-screen life.
- Kaley was homeschooled
- Her dad is a realtor and mom a homemaker
- Kaley is a vegan
- Before she took up acting, Kaley used to play tennis and was a nationally ranked amateur tennis player
- When not shooting for a movie or a TV show, Kaley likes to bowl, loves to get dirty while enjoying horseback riding, knows kickboxing and even plays the drums
- Since 2010, she reportedly earns $200,000 per episode for The Big Bang Theory
- Kaley Cuoco has been at number 13 of Hot 100 Women by Maxim in 2011, and at 78 and 57 of 100 Sexiest Women in the World by FHM in 2005 and 2011 respectively
- Kaley Cuoco was in a relationship with Johnny Galecki, her onscreen partner too, in the TV show The Big Bang Theory. Both the actors managed to keep their relationship private and revealed the fact only when they broke up in 2009. It seems that Kaley likes to keep her private life, actually private and safe from the prying eyes of the media and tabloids. Her publicist's recent announcement of Kaley's engagement to Josh Resnik also surprised the media and the world of entertainment.
The Big Bang Theory DVDs and Blu-ray on Amazon.com
Penny in The Big Bang Theory
Loving, cute, adorable, hot, sexy, geeky, attractive, dumb, romantic, outgoing and The Hulk can be words that may be used to describe Penny in The Big Bang Theory by fans around the world. It is amusing to see how Penny's character which by the way is an exact contrast to the other 4 male lead characters and their personalities, has won the appreciation of fans worldwide.
Penny's character in The Big Bang Theory is an exact opposite to the other 4 lead characters. While Leonard, Sheldon, Wolowitz and Raj are super geeks with amazing levels of intellect and IQ, Penny is a simple and down to earth girl who is a romantic by heart and is far away from the principles of science.
Origin of the character in the show
Penny was introduced in The Big Bang Theory from the very first episode when she moved in the same apartment where Leonard, Sheldon, Wolowitz and Raj hang out. While Sheldon and Leonard are roommates, it was Leonard who was attracted to Penny on the very first day she moved in. The attraction later bloomed into an onscreen relationship between the two characters. It is amusing to know that Johnny Galecki aka Dr. Leonard and Penny aka Kaley Cuoco also were couple in real life until 2009. They managed to keep their off-screen relationship secret and made the fact public only when they broke up in 2009.
Funny moments from The Big Bang Theory involving Penny
Note: While most of you may have seen up to the latest episodes of The Big Bang Theory, the below trivia about the show may act as spoilers for some. If you have not seen all the seasons yet, or don't wish to read trivia that may be a spoiler for you, stop reading and simply hop on to the pictures of Kaley Cuoco aka Penny.
- Penny lied to Leonard about her education as she did not want him to see her as a loser. She confessed the same to Sheldon, who by mistake spilled the beans while in an inebriated state.
- Although they've been an onscreen couple, the both have also broken up many times. Even during the times when Penny and Leonard haven't been a couple, there have been oh-so-many times when they both have 'nearly had sex'.
- Dr. Sheldon Cooper of The Big Bang Theory has used his theory, logic and scientific principles to calculate and derive a probability that Penny would have dated 180 men and slept with 30.96 of them!
- Penny has dated, had sex with or has 'nearly had' sex with many of the characters in The Big Bang Theory including Leonard, Raj, Stuart the guy from the comic book store and Zack Johnson.
- There have been times when the geek traits of the other characters in the show have rubbed off on Penny. Apart from the numerous instances when Penny starts to say intelligent things she'd never have thought of saying, Penny also gets addicted to the online multi player game Age of Conan. After being introduced to it by Sheldon, Penny becomes an avid gamer, even disturbing Sheldon at times way past midnight, during Sheldon's meetings at the university and interrupting his daily schedule. A sudden pang of realization makes Penny withdraw herself from the world of online gaming.
- One of the most amusing relationships that Penny shares with the other characters is the one with Sheldon. While Sheldon looks down upon Penny's low IQ and lack of intelligence, Penny often ridicules him for his geeky traits. The both have fought numerously on the show. One of their fights led to Sheldon hanging all of Penny's laundry on the telephone wire!
Why do we love Penny?
Penny is not intelligent like the other cast of The Big Bang Theory nor does she contribute to the oh-so-intelligent humor that the show carries. So why do we still love her? Here's why.
- Besides being hot, Penny is liked by millions of fans of the show probably because she is the only female in the cast of the show
- Penny's contrasting personality type adds a whole new dimension to the show
- Deep down inside, all the fans of the show want Penny and Leonard to hook up, forever! They make an adorable couple, don't they?
- Penny's battles and arguments are Sheldon make the show complete
- Penny's IQ can be mocked at and ridiculed
- Penny is beautiful
- Penny's character may be a rare case where 4 geeks and nerds, out of which 2 have problem talking to women and 1 has an oversized sex drive, actually manage to dominate a pretty woman
Check out other hot articles and pictures of sexy celebrities, exciting style tips and much more!