Playlist- Angry bitter break up songs and lyrics
Did you just have a rough break up and are looking for angry, bitter songs? Here's a list of songs that you can connect to:
- Avril Lavigne- I can do better: The queen of pop-rock spits out angry words at an ex love in this song. It has high energy, and tries to infuse a feeling of positiveness in the girl by pointing out how bad the guy was for her and letting him know that she is better off without him. Lyrics pick- "I hate you now, so go away from me. You're gone, so long, I can do better. Hey, hey you, I found myself again, that's why you're gone, I can do better."
- Avril Lavigne- I don't give a damn: This somewhat slower song has Avril declaring that she doesn't give a damn about the guy who, she says sarcastically, picks his words so carefully because he hates to think he's hurting her! Lyrics pick- "I'm not gonna cry about some stupid guy, a guy who thinks he's all that."
- Avril Lavigne- Alone: This one is the perfect angry song, and at one place, Avril calls her ex "bro", ouch! Lyrics pick- "Hey bro, I'm just tryin' to let you know, you really think that you're special, oh come on now, I've seen so much better, hey there, did you actually think that I cared?"
- Adele- Rolling in the deep: This Grammy-winning song is amazingly energetic with Adele's vocals perfectly in sync with the pounding of drums as she declares war against her ex and promises revenge. Lyrics pick: "See I, I'll leave with every piece of you. Don't underestimate the things that I would do."
- Alanis Morisette-You oughta know: The perfect song if you just broke up and he's dating already. Every word in this song is sung with a kind of bitterness, and the lyrics sting! Lyrics pick: "And every time I scratch my nails down someone else's back, I hope you feel it."
- Carrie Underwood- Before he cheats: The song describes how the guy is hitting on a woman, while the girl takes revenge by wrecking his car. Perfect if he cheated. Lyrics pick: "I dug my key into the side of his pretty little souped up 4 wheel drive, carved my name into his leather seats, I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights, slashed a hole in all 4 tires...Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats."
- Kelly Clarkson- Never again: Kelly declares in this song that he will miss her, he will not be happy with his new girl- and she will never again go back to him! Lyrics pick: "I hope the ring you gave to her turns her finger green. I hope when you're in bed with her, you think of me."
- Taylor Swift- Picture to burn (*Album version): Country guitar playing at the beginning of the song sounds amazing. It only gets better in this angry country song. Lyrics pick: "So go and tell your friends that I'm obsessive and crazy, That's fine I'll tell mine that you're gay!"
- Taylor Swift- Dear John: Taylor sings about how she regrets falling for John, and how she got out of the relationship "shining like firework" over his "sad empty town". Her question "Don't you think I was too young to be messed with?" has got to sing! This one is perfect if you dated an older guy. Lyrics pick: "Maybe it's me and my blind optimism to blame. Or maybe it's you and your sick need to give love then take it away."
- Tiffany Dunn- Got my girls (Shut the front door): There's anger and energy throbbing throughout this pulsating song. Lyrics pick: "You think that you're so slick I got something for you, hold that thought you're old news, older than my old shoes. Since you like to play games, grow up act your damn age. Tricks for kids you're so lame cause you never really loved me the same."
- Demi Lovato- Solo: Comparing the relationship to a song where the guy "couldn't even stay on key", Demi states that she is going solo. Lyrics pick: "I fell through the hole, down at the bottom of your soul, didn't think you could go so low."
- Demi Lovato- You got nothing on me: This pop song has Demi recalling her summer love, her lover cheating, and then declaring that he has nothing on her. Lyrics pick: "Now I know who you are. You got nothing on me, I see, I should have known it from the start. You can't tell me lies, don't even try it, cause this is goodbye."
- Demi Lovato- Every time you lie: This one is perfect if you broke up and feel better already, knowing better guys are waiting right outside the door. Lyrics pick: "Don't say your sorry, 'cause I'm not even breaking. You're not worth the time that this is taking. I knew better than to let you break my heart. This soul you'll never see again, won't be showing scars."
- Miley Cyrus- Que Sera: While this rap song is from the kids/teen show Hannah Montana, the anger at the cheating ex works out for any age! Perfect if he cheated. Lyrics pick: "So sick to my stomach When I think about the wasted time we spent together Planning on forever (whatever)"