- Entertainment and Media»
Playlist- Uplifting songs by Disney stars- List of songs for teenagers and adults, upbeat or otherwise
While Disney is aimed mostly at kids and teens, there are some songs that carry messages suitable for any age. Everyone can use that optimism and put faith in happy endings. Here are a few of those songs which can motivate and inspire and get you through a bad day or a rough time. (Listed by Artists or franchise.)
By Miley Cyrus (From Hannah Montana, or otherwise)
- Every part of me- Starting with "I feel like I am a million miles away from myself more and more these days", this song perfectly captures the reflection of someone who feels like he/she has changed and doesn't know who he/she is anymore. It carries a positive note, saying "I know I'll be alright, cause nothing much has changed, on the inside." This song is about change, the fear that this change brings, and vowing to be every part of yourself.
- I'm still good- This song is the perfect cure to a bad day, when you can tell yourself that it's ok to mess up, you're still good, and you'll be ok the next day. Lyrics pick- "Life puts up a fight with me, but I can take on anything."
- Liberty Walk- This chart topping song has you "saying goodbye to the people who tied you up". Combining rap and pop effectively, this upbeat song is really good for someone who is breaking free.
- Life's what you make it- This song is more teen-oriented that the others, but it's good to listen to mindlessly when driving home after a frustrating day at work, or while cooking dinner when you're mad. Lyrics pick: "With a new attitude everything can change. Make it how you want it to be."
- Robot- Yet another pop song from "Can't be tamed" about breaking free, this one is about cutting the strings from someone who's controlling you and taking control of your life, saying, "I'm not your robot".
- Who said- Again a teen-oriented bubblegum pop that you can listen to randomly.
Top pick: The Climb- A soft soothing song that slowly intensifies, this is for you is you're going through some struggle and feeling like giving up. The picture perfect music video is worth watching too.
"There's always gonna be another mountain.
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be a uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose
Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb"
Miley Cyrus- The Climb
By Demi Lovato (Including her songs from Camp Rock and Sonnie with a chance)
- Believe in me- This soft, soothing yet powerful song is specially helpful for people who are insecure, have low self-esteem, and are struggling to be happy with themselves. Lyrics pick- "I don't wanna be afraid. I wanna wake up feeling beautiful..today. And know that I'm okay. Cause everyone's perfect in unusual ways. So you see, I just wanna believe in me."
- La la land- While the song itself is about not losing yourself in the glamour of Hollywood, lyrics like "Some may say I need to be afraid, because of where I had my start and where I made my name, well everything's the same, in the La-la-land machine" make it relatable for anyone who has struggled and is living his/her dreams.
- Maybe it's not too late- This song is perfect when you have messed up, feel terrible about it, and want to "turn it all around", and "figure out how to fix this." The pain is reflected in Lovato's voice, but at the same time it has a strong powerful determination echoing through it. Lyrics pick- "I'm gonna clean up the mess I made, maybe it's not too late."
- Me myself and time- Another song about life in Hollywood, again made relatable by amazing lyrics like "I go where life takes me, but some days it makes me, wanna change my direction. Sometimes it gets lonely, but I know that it's only a matter of my perception." This song is upbeat, pulsating, and has some amazing vocals from Lovato.
- So far so great- This upbeat "Sonny with a Chance" opening theme is about living your dream. Lyrics pick- "So far so great, get with it. At least that's how I see it. Having a dream it's just the beginning. So far so great believe it. Can't take away this feeling. Taking a ride with chance to my side, yeah I can't wait, I can't wait."
- This is me (Duet with Joe Jonas, also in Acoustic version)- This is for those who have always run away from their dreams but are finally ready to show the world who they really are. Lyrics pick- "This is real, this is me, I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be now, gonna let the light shine on me. Now I found who I am, there's no way to hold it in, no more hiding who I wanna be. This is me."
- Who will I be- This rock song from Camp Rock tells you that you get to pick who you are going to be. Aimed at teens picking careers, it also works for those switching paths mid-way. Lyrics pick- "Who will I be, it's up to me. All the never ending possibilities that I can see, there's nothing that I can't do."
- Work of Art- Another upbeat song from "Sonny with a chance", this tells you that "life is a work of art", and that "You can make it anything that you want it to be, if you follow your heart."
Top Pick- Skyscraper- This single from "Skyscraper" went platinum. It's a ballad, sad but powerful, about being broken and fighting back to be unbroken again. You will feel more empowered by the time the beats pick up.
"You can take everything I have.
You can break everything I am.
Like I'm made of glass.
Like I'm made of paper.
Go on and try to tear me down.
I will be rising from the ground.
Like a skyscraper.
Like a skyscraper."
Demi Lovato- Skyscraper
From High School Musical Series
- Breaking Free- This duet by Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens from the first movie is about breaking free from the way that people see you, and just being yourself. Lyrics pick- "Now the world can see us, in a way that's different from who we are".
- Scream- Zac Efron's song from the second movie is about a High School senior deciding his career and love. But the frustration and anger about his confusion is expressed so effectively in this song, that it can mirror what you're thinking when you have to take a tough decision. At the same time, it firmly states that the decision is solely yours. Lyrics pick- "The voices in my head, tell me they know best. Got me on the edge they're pushing, pushing, they're pushing. I know they've got a plan. But the balls in my hand."
Top pick: You can bet on it- This song from the second movie by Zac Efron has him singing about losing himself for a moment, but turning it all around and making it right. This song is high on energy, and upbeat, with amazing, relatable lyrics. Almost everyone has felt like this t some point in their lives.
"It's no good at all,
To see yourself and not recognize your face.
Out on my own, it's such a scary place.
The answers are all inside of me.
All I gotta do is believe."
HSM2- Bet on it
- Here I am (from Camp Rock)- This song, with inspirational lyrics that can make you think twice when you're sulking about how unfair life is, urges you to "scream until there's nothing left, with your last breath, say here I am. Cause there's no way you'd be ignored, not anymore, say here I am" and tells you that your life is perfect no matter what, and asks you to accept it. Lyrics pick- "You should be happy, excited, even if you're just invited. Cause the winners need someone to clap for them."
- Who says (By Selena Gomez and the scene)- A song about feeling like you're not beautiful enough, and regaining your confidence to tell the world that you are beautiful- this is for any girl who is insecure or unhappy about her looks. Lyrics pick-" Who says, who says you're not perfect? Who says you're not worth it? Who says you're the only one that's hurtin'? Trust me, that's the price of beauty. Who says you're not pretty? Who says you're not beautiful? Who says?"