Pretty as a picture- Photography done my way
The Magic of a Picture
What makes a good photograph? Is there such a thing as a bad picture? Can everyone take nice pictures? Does the camera really matter, or is it mostly the photographer that counts? These are just a few of the questions I get when I am telling people about photography.
My answers to these questions are as follows:
- I dont know what makes a good photograph, I suppose the way that the photo appeals to others on some other level.
- I don't know if there is such a thing as a bad photograph. What is horrible to me, may be stunning to another persons eyes. Sometimes -Some pictures, are not suppose tp have heads included, and that is what makes them what they are and liked. It all depends on who is looking at the picture and what they see when they look at it.
- Yes, everyone can take a nice picture. Even if you do not have any talent, any skill, any anything having to do with photography, you are bound to get one good picture every so often.
- The camera matters, but that doesnt mean that some wonderful pictures can not be taken with a cell phone. Just because you do not have a $2,000 camera, does not mean you shouldn't take a picture if you see one you want to capture.
As a photographer, I do not just look at the subject I am photographing as whether or not a picture is going to be great, or something I am proud of. I mostly look at the light, and how light bends around objects, creating shadows and highlights. I look at the colors around me, and how they are drawn out or taken in by light, and then I look at focus. Where should I focus to gain the full effect of the scene I am trying to capture. Once this is all done, even I sometimes make mistakes and think later, I wish I wouldnt have made that adjustment, changed that lens or focused there.
The good news for all is, mess ups can be worked up with Photoshop. Photoshop has saved my butt (given me a butt), in many of situations, when a picture didn't turn out exactly as I would have hoped.
The video above is a collection of my photographs that have been taken through the layers of Photoshop to become better than they were. I love Photoshop, and the ability to edit photographs, but I do realize that not everyone has the same availability to the program that I have.
If you are not a Photoshop pro or do not have the program, do not fear. There is help out there for you as well. A friend of mine is the owner and talent behind an innovative way to save your photographs. Check her FotoFix service out, first fix is free...and you will look like a master photographer, with no one being any wiser to your secret.
More From HC Porter
- Before and After-Touchup the world with Photo-shop
Every photo has possibilities. Photography took on a whole new perspective when Photoshop was introduced to Photographers-Graphic Artists and Production Artists. I am sure it has saved many of memories that may have been lost if it wasn’t for the...
- Picture Pages
H.C Porter creates a display of photography complimented with a poem. All original photography and poetry matched with a video with original music by Daniel Carter.
- Picture Galleries- Ocean Front Property
H.C Porter brings this humorous perspective on how, not to sell rel-estate in Alaska. Matched with stunning landscapes, you truly get the full feel and perspective of the hubs unique stance.