Quotes About Life and their Meaning
In our everyday life we hear people quote an inspirational saying or proverb on social networks, television or during a one-on- one conversation. As very inspirational as some of these wise sayings are, they can create confusion if the meanings aren’t understood by the listener or pass the wrong message if the speaker is using it out of context.
It is impossible to capture the interpretations of all the wise sayings out there. I have picked out some of the most come ones people usually throw out during conversations. Enjoy reading.
- “Sometimes you need to distance yourself to see things clearly.”
Interpreted meaning: detachment helps you make the best judgement even when faced with challenging situations.
2. “Saying someone is ugly doesn’t make you any prettier.”
Interpreted meaning: Rather than focus on other people’s issues, deal with the ones that are confronting you. Actually, they are the only ones that count.
3. “The only normal people you know are the ones you don’t know very well.”- Alfred Adler
Interpreted meaning: You get to know many surprising things about people as you get closer to them. These things might not be noticeable when looking at them from a far off.
4. "As we grow up, we realize it becomes less important to have more friends and more important to have real ones."
Interpreted meaning: It is almost pointless accumulating barrages of friends that only party with you when times are good and disappear when things get bad. You are better off sticking to the few ones that are around in all circumstances. Only age will help you realize this.
- “If you want to know where your heart is look to where your mind goes when it wanders.”
Interpreted meaning: Your mind wanders without any efforts on your side usually following the direction of the heart. So, wherever your mind goes without your control is actually what your heart desires.
6 “Everything happens for a reason, except for the things you mess up yourself.”
Interpreted meaning: Fate determines the outcome of some circumstances. Other unfavourable circumstances occur as a result of our stupidity and mistakes which could have been avoided.
7. “Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing and your attitude when you have everything.”
Interpreted meaning: How you carry yourself in these two different circumstances says a lot about you. Are you the person who is grumpy and extremely dissatisfied when you have nothing, and feeling like the king of the world when all is rose? or is it the other way round.
8. “Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
― Narcotics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous
Interpreted meaning: Try to do things differently if you want to see a different result
9. “It is better to be quotable than to be honest”
Interpreted meaning: If you want your statements to be remembered you have to make them sound catchy. People tend to remember catchy statements more than the ones that are simply honest.
10. “It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.”
― André Gide, Autumn Leaves
Interpreted meaning: originality is more honorable than a made up personality no matter what the outcomes turn out to be.
11. “Everything you can imagine is real.”
― Pablo Picasso
Interpreted meaning: As long as you can think of an idea, then it can be done.
12. “Who are you to judge the life I live?
I know I'm not perfect
-and I don't live to be-
but before you start pointing fingers...
make sure you hands are clean!”
― Bob Marley
Interpreted meaning: perfection is an illusion. If you doubt me, look at your life.
13. “Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.”
― John Wayne
Interpreted meaning: Bad choices/decisions make life harder than it ought to be.
Read more Quotes about life here