Remembering Michael Jackson
Since the death of Michael Jackson on June 25, 2009, there has been a lot of media coverage portraying the life of Michael Jackson in a positive and negative light. Slash, previously a guitarist for the band Guns and Roses commented on the death of Michael stating "....Unfortunately, the controversy surrounding his personal life in recent years overshadowed his unparalled contributions to the music world, which is a tragedy onto itself".
Michael Jackson The King Of Pop
Michael has earned every right to carry the title King of Pop. From the age of 5 Michael has been signing his heart out, touching the lives of many people around the world with his unique vocals, original style of dance, and fashion. What makes Michael the greatest performing artist of all time?
- Michael Jackson has sold an estimated 750 million singles during his career.
- Inducted twice into the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame
- Received thirteen Grammys and the American Music Awards Artist of the Century
- According to Guinness Book of World Records Michael Jackson is recognized as the most successful entertainer of all time
- According to Guinness Book of World Records-Thriller is the biggest selling album of all time.
- Michael has released thirteen number one singles, the most hits by a male artist
- Eight Platinum, Multi-platinum awards
- 47 tracks at the top of Billboard 100
- The Jackson 5 was the first group to ever have four consecutive #1 singles
- Michael was the first black artist to have a video aired on MTV, breaking barriers for black artists everywhere.
Guinness Book Of World Records
- Record breaking 8 Grammys in 1984. The most awards received by an artist in one year.
- An $890 million dollar contract with Sony Music-One of the largest contracts according to Guinness Book of World Records
- 133.4 million viewers watched the Super Bowl XXVII on June 31, 1993. Michael was featured for the half-time performance.
- Michael was paid $12 million dollars to do 4 TV commercials for Pepsi Cola
- The BAD Tour from September 1987-December 1988 produced a record gross revenue of over $124 million dollars